zBrush Kaiju by Dopepope

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Breakdown
Keizer

Re: zBrush Kaiju by Dopepope

Post by Breakdown »

Seeing something you created come to life as an OFFICIAL product of the franchise you love must generate a feeling of pride and accomplishment that I can't even begin to imagine lol.

Great work man! Nice to see a fan using his talent to go places!
Last edited by Breakdown on Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

G-Fest 2019 is this weekend, July 12-14th, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare. Here's a sampling of the new art prints I'll have available. If you're attending, please come by the Artist Alley.
DOPEPOPE: zBrush Commissions Open! Contact Me for Details.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Damn, those are some fantastic models. If I didn't know better I would have thought those are official renders lol. Behemoth especially looks impressive. Excellent work! :)
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Here's more samples of the new art prints I'll have available. If you're attending G-Fest 2019 is this weekend, July 12-14th, Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, please come by the Artist Alley.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Fantastic work! Gappa especially looks amazing! See you soon! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I'll definitely stop by your booth. I have enjoyed your work for some time. Keep up the good work!

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Was nice meeting you! Thanks for stopping by the table.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

dopepope wrote:Was nice meeting you! Thanks for stopping by the table.
No problem! Thanks for the Gappa again! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think the old Bandai Orga was one of my first Godzilla collectibles that my father bought me when I was about 5.

Now, roughly twenty years later, I saw that Orga figure you made, and now that I have big boy money I’m definitely gonna buy it when it’s available. I usually hestitate putting money into some of the more high end/super collectible figures but when I saw it I just knew it; especially because of your awesome Zbrush work.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I think the old Bandai Orga was one of my first Godzilla collectibles that my father bought me when I was about 5.

Now, roughly twenty years later, I saw that Orga figure you made, and now that I have big boy money I’m definitely gonna buy it when it’s available. I usually hestitate putting money into some of the more high end/super collectible figures but when I saw it I just knew it; especially because of your awesome Zbrush work.
Thanks a lot. That means so much to me because I really want it to do well. Because I love the kaiju, but because I love X-Plus, and want to work with them more. I appreciate your support.

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

SoshingekiGoji Error-Free STL files for purchase on Gambody. https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/godzi ... ingekigoji

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Commissioned artwork. Godzilla 2000 bust.

3D model here : https://skfb.ly/6MCMV

More images : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2vzGk

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Awesome!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

So a Carol of 'Carol's Custom Paints' hired a sculptor to create a female Muto for her to paint. This 'sculptor' proceeds to purchase my Muto model, then makes minor changes, like repositioning the arms, etc, and then gets paid by Carol as if he sculpted the whole thing. It He tricked her and got paid. Carol didn't know tho, and only after she did this amazing paint job and posted pics did people let her know that the work was stolen. But regardless, I absolutely love how she painted it.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

dopepope wrote:[]https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/im ... 1569597924[/]

So a Carol of 'Carol's Custom Paints' hired a sculptor to create a female Muto for her to paint. This 'sculptor' proceeds to purchase my Muto model, then makes minor changes, like repositioning the arms, etc, and then gets paid by Carol as if he sculpted the whole thing. It He tricked her and got paid. Carol didn't know tho, and only after she did this amazing paint job and posted pics did people let her know that the work was stolen. But regardless, I absolutely love how she painted it.
I remember hearing how that was one of your sculpts, I hope someone from X-Plus catches wind of this. Seriously gorgeous when painted :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

Gappa getting some love in 3D Artist magazine. My ZBrush / Keyshot render got featured in the gallery of issue 136. Pretty cool.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

dopepope wrote:Gappa getting some love in 3D Artist magazine. My ZBrush / Keyshot render got featured in the gallery of issue 136. Pretty cool.

And it truly deserves it! I showed the print I bought from you to a couple of friends at G-Fest, and they thought it was the actual suit.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I would not have guessed that wasn't the actual suit being photographed! Amazing!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

dopepope
Interpol Agent

Post by dopepope »

GAPPA STL files for 3D printing on Gambody.

https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/gappa ... an-monster
Last edited by dopepope on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.