MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KaijuShill17 wrote:New headcanon: Area 51 is actually a Monarch Outpost where an extraterrestrial titan is being contained.
Watch that be Gigan.

I'm also stealing that headcanon if ya don't mind because I like it. :P
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

1) Ghidorah flooded the ancient world and was the inspiration for the flood myths of ancient religions (Gilgamesh, Noah's Ark, etc.)

2) There is no such thing as Category 6 hurricanes in real life. Rather than look at it as a mistake, I've made up in my mind that Ghidorah's storms were SOOOOO powerful, that they invented a new category just to classify it. It still doesn't make much sense given the parameters for 5 is anything above a certain point, but still.

3) Ghidorah killed all of Godzilla's species and Mothra's species.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

GojiDog wrote:3) Ghidorah killed all of Godzilla's species and Mothra's species.
If that was the case then he should had been impossible to defeat even with the help Godzilla had from Mothra.

I think its also clear the M.U.T.O.'s were what killed Godzilla's species.

Instead given Awakens debate of being canon or not that King Ghidorah was responsible for the Permian-Triassic Extinction marking Godzilla's and King Ghidorah's rivalry and ending with Godzila driving him off of Earth only to return 250 million years after the last Ice Age thinking Godzilla is dead at this point only to come into conflict with him again. Sometime in historic times being the inspiration of various dragons and serpents in myths (Such as the Slavic dragon), as well as many events like the great flooding as you described Godzilla and King Ghidorah had a battle that brought them to Antarctica where it ended with King Ghidorah getting frozen and Godzilla presuming him to be dead.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GojiDog wrote:
2) There is no such thing as Category 6 hurricanes in real life. Rather than look at it as a mistake, I've made up in my mind that Ghidorah's storms were SOOOOO powerful, that they invented a new category just to classify it. It still doesn't make much sense given the parameters for 5 is anything above a certain point, but still.
I believe that was the intent of the movie. Why, did some film critic make a fit saying there's no such thing?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
GojiDog wrote:3) Ghidorah killed all of Godzilla's species and Mothra's species.
I think its also clear the M.U.T.O.'s were what killed Godzilla's species.
Ah, fair. I hadn't thought of that.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

On top of KaijuShill17's headcanon. Whoever said extraterrestrial titan being held in Area 51 is mystery and up to anyone to decide who it is there.

Desghidorah, Gigan, Hedorah, Orga, original monster, etc.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

It’s a hibernating Gamera, whom they think is an inactive UFO :P
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Titanosaurus not only exists in the MonsterVerse as yet another titan but his species were the top apex titans that flourished during the Mesozoic due to Godizlla's species having been wiped out by the M.U.T.O.'s. Godzilla himself from time and time again would compete with his species.

Titanosaurus was also worshipped by the ancient Egyptians as the crocodile god Sobek.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Titanosaurus not only exists in the MonsterVerse as yet another titan but his species were the top apex titans that flourished during the Mesozoic due to Godizlla's species having been wiped out by the M.U.T.O.'s. Godzilla himself from time and time again would compete with his species.

Titanosaurus was also worshipped by the ancient Egyptians as the crocodile god Sobek.
I would LOVE if he ended up being Leviathan, aka the Loch Ness Monster. That would be great. The last of his kind, just peacefully just chillin' all this time, until he got riled up by KG.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

Relair wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Titanosaurus not only exists in the MonsterVerse as yet another titan but his species were the top apex titans that flourished during the Mesozoic due to Godizlla's species having been wiped out by the M.U.T.O.'s. Godzilla himself from time and time again would compete with his species.

I would LOVE if he ended up being Leviathan, aka the Loch Ness Monster. That would be great. The last of his kind, just peacefully just chillin' all this time, until he got riled up by KG.
That would be epic, though I have a feeling Leviathan is gonna end up being Manda, which I'd also be okay with.

Added in 1 minute 25 seconds:
New headcanon: Godzilla's theme music exists within the Monsterverse and was composed by the ancient civilization Godzilla lived with and the music would be used to summon him or get him to sleep like the Skull Island natives to do King Kong in many adaptations.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Titanus Titanosaurus
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

behold! my fan wanky headcanons

- Godzilla's unexplained revival in the end of 2014 was due to him absorbing the nuke's radiation as a sort of kickstart. He's also the reason San Francisco isn't a complete radioactive hellhole, along with his titan radiation.
- Gorosaurus, Baragon and their kind lived on Skull Island with many other types of dinosaurs but were driven to extinction/back into the Hollow Earth by the arrival of the Skullcrawlers.
- King Ghidorah is the last of his kind. There's a reason he's the last.
- Mothra and the M.U.T.Os are distant evolutionary cousins. The only difference is the more primitive Mothras evolved to live in symbiosis with the Godzillas while the M.U.T.Os evolved further and became parasites.
- Similarly, Battras are a subspecies of Titanus Mosura that parasitize on Godzillas AND Mothras.
- Rodan is attracted to Mount Fuji because his kind used to use it as breeding grounds. Sadly, there isn't anyone to meet him. At least, as far as Monarch knows.....
- At least one of the named Titans that does not show up in GVK or get a description is a Toho kaiju.
- The ancient civilization that worshipped Godzilla used to keep smaller megafauna as beasts of burden. Namely, a vicious creature between bird and reptile as a war beast and a guard dog/transport creature Monarch has speculated to be an ancestor of the Testudine family of reptiles. While most died with the civilization, a few survive in hibernation in the Arctic...…
- Gomess and Jirass are distant ancestors to Godzilla. Zilla is not related but looks similar to seem more opposing to other creatures, ala coral snakes and king snakes.
- Godzillas species have some genetic differences between them, mainly in spines and skull structure. For example, a snub nosed Godzilla with rounded spines, a jagged spined more crocodilian species, and so on.

RIP Evan.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:- King Ghidorah is the last of his kind. There's a reason he's the last.
Last edited by Dr. Professor on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

SoggyNoodles2016

Dr. Professor wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:- King Ghidorah is the last of his kind. There's a reason he's the last.
WHAT WAS THE REASON[/quote]

Spoiler:
I don't know how to word this but my implications with it were Ghidorah "cleared the playing field" if you get my meaning
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.

RIP Evan.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I don't know how to word this but my implications with it were Ghidorah "cleared the playing field" if you get my meaning
Oh fuck that's dope.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

SoggyNoodles2016

Dr. Professor wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I don't know how to word this but my implications with it were Ghidorah "cleared the playing field" if you get my meaning
Oh skreeonk that's dope.
yeah, fits his general arc in the Monsterverse IMO

RIP Evan.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

MORE FAN THEORY/HEADCANONS OF MINE:
Ultraman Tiga (Or an Ultra like him) exists in the Monsterverse since his origins fit this universe the best, him and Godzilla have fought together against threats like the Zoyger, Golza, Melba and Gatanozoa.

Jirass is made by a mad scientist using DNA tissue from Godzilla after the battle in Boston and a frilled lizard titan but he becomes an anti-hero. I also like to think that Godzilla exists in the original Ultraman series and was the DNA template for Jirass there too.

The alleged Bigfoot titan from test screenings and yet to be seen concept art is actually Sanda.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Ford Brody died during the events of KOTM and his spirit possessed the body of Godzilla, who now destroys the world as revenge for being a bland character.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Stump Feet
Gotengo Officer

Post by Stump Feet »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: - Rodan is attracted to Mount Fuji because his kind used to use it as breeding grounds. Sadly, there isn't anyone to meet him. At least, as far as Monarch knows......
But Rodan flies to Fiji at the end of GKOTM, not Fuji?

Added in 4 minutes 27 seconds:
AllosaurHell wrote: The alleged Bigfoot titan from test screenings and yet to be seen concept art is actually Sanda.
There was no Bigfoot in the test screening or concept art, that info came from a troll who claimed to have seen the artbook early and it was full of Toho monsters like a cyclops based on Gabara and a slew of Kamacuras.
*Looks at GKOTM’s box office numbers*
Long Live The Sting

SoggyNoodles2016

Stump Feet wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: - Rodan is attracted to Mount Fuji because his kind used to use it as breeding grounds. Sadly, there isn't anyone to meet him. At least, as far as Monarch knows......
But Rodan flies to Fiji at the end of GKOTM, not Fuji?
Is it? I distinctly remember it saying Mt. Fuji when I saw it.

If I am wrong, then Fiji used to be their breeding grounds ;)

RIP Evan.