Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Godzillian »

GFAN198423 wrote:I get it’s premium, just not sure it’s worth double an MMS.
It's a different line aimed at collectors with higher quality sculpts, paints, and done in a limited run

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Is the vinyl the same quality as MMS? Curious why it seems to still have the “dentures” like an MMS.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GFAN198423 wrote:Is the vinyl the same quality as MMS? Curious why it seems to still have the “dentures” like an MMS.
Higher quality

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

My MMS Showa Gigan just got here. It's my first kaiju vinyl, and I can already say that it won't be my last. It's big, it's impressive, the sculpt is just detailed enough. The colors are great, especially the bright red of the eye and the shiny silver of the cybernetic parts. The only defect worth mentioning is a tiny bubble on the eye, but you have to look pretty close to even see it, so it's not a problem.

I'm leaning toward Mecha-King Ghidorah next, I think. How often do new figures/waves get released in this line? I've never paid any attention to it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

Congrats, they're fun,... and somewhat addicting.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^^ Bandai releases two every 4-6 months on average. We got the KOTM Big Four all at once, 'cuz of the movie...

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:Congrats, they're fun,... and somewhat addicting.
You can say that again. I first dipped into the line with Shin a couple months ago...and I just...couldn't...stop.

They were so cheap on Amazon and I now have nearly all of them that Amazon has up. Only ones I'm missing are Kiryu (both Heavy Arms and plain), Destoroyah, Mothra Larva, Kamata-Kun, Shinigawa-Kun, and regular King Ghidorah 91.

Most of them are because I'm currently broke from paying off my SHMA Ghidorah Pre-Order, Kamata-Kun and Ghidorah are because they're over 60 bucks lol

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Roughly four figures a year is a pretty decent release schedule. Should be easy enough to keep up with. Yeah, out of what's available on Amazon, I'm leaning towards MKG, Spacegodzilla, Biollante, and both adult and larva Mothra.

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

JAGzilla wrote:Roughly four figures a year is a pretty decent release schedule. Should be easy enough to keep up with. Yeah, out of what's available on Amazon, I'm leaning towards MKG, Spacegodzilla, Biollante, and both adult and larva Mothra.
I just recently got SpaceGodzilla, he's pretty great aside from his tail tip crystals not being painted, but that's really the only downside to him imo

As for Biollante, I'd also suggest tracking down the 3.5" Candy Figure 89 Goji. Those two scale beautifully together, what with Bio's smaller size.

Last edited by Gojira9310 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ I looked at the picture before I read the post, and I thought that was supposed to be a 6" Bandai Godzilla, which of course would have made Biollante huge. I was like 'holy crap, I don't even have a shelf big enough for that thing!' :lol:

But yeah, those do scale well. I actually have a Trendmasters Godzilla around that size, though, so no need. Scale isn't a big priority for me, anyway; I kind of intend for my kaiju collection to be all over the place in terms of sizing and style as it grows.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

^yeah I really like the eyes on her
your source of self destruction

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:Roughly four figures a year is a pretty decent release schedule. Should be easy enough to keep up with. Yeah, out of what's available on Amazon, I'm leaning towards MKG, Spacegodzilla, Biollante, and both adult and larva Mothra.
I have MKG, SpaceG, Biollante, and I can solidly recommend them. Dunno about Amazon's price though - I buy mine from HLJ. I'm not a big Mothra fan, so I passed on the moth and the caterpillar ...

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I've gotten a few of the new reissues since I didn't have the old versions. I also got that new Biollante, the three Shin forms, and the anime Goji with the servum and anime Ghidorah.

Mothra (Imago and Larva) and Mecha King Ghidorah (Still gotta fix that greasy paint issue on him) I think are the only new repaints I own.

I have a bunch of the older Toho Kaiju and Movie Monster Series stuff (Mechagodzilla 1975 is one of the greatest looking vinyls ever made) as well as some Ultra Kaiju and three Memorial Box figures (G '55, Rodan, Gigan)

Safe to say my vinyl group is the backbone of my entire collection.

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

Hobby Link Japan has 3 new pre-orders up for the movie monster series. Godzilla 1954 is scheduled for November and Anguirus 2004 and Gigan 2004 both scheduled for December. No photos of the figures yet.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

onerichman wrote:Hobby Link Japan has 3 new pre-orders up for the movie monster series. Godzilla 1954 is scheduled for November and Anguirus 2004 and Gigan 2004 both scheduled for December. No photos of the figures yet.
Good reissue for people that missed Anguirus, wish it was the Showa one though

godzilla1541
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla1541 »

Finally FW Gigan gets rerelease

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I might get Anguirus depending on how they do his paint, but I already have FW Gigan and the Toho Kaiju G'54

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Hmm. I might get the Anguirus depending on how it turns out, but I'm not a big fan of the 2004 design. I'm not real big on '04 Gigan or '54 Godzilla, either, and I already have satisfactory figures of them, so they're likely passes.

Also, I've tentatively decided against MKG, as I watched a review and didn't like the positioning of the heads. The Amazon picture wasn't accurate, unfortunately. I did order MOGUERA, though, and he'll get here sometime today.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

thanks for the heads up, I'll take Gigan in any form and I already have the Showa one.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Oh hell yes.
Fingers crossed for the chainsaw variant.
I was gonna get the Showa one, but I think I'll hold off, because FW Gigan is my favourite version of him.