ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Gothicserpent »

MaxRebo320 wrote:That was a really rip-roaring start. Easily the best LOOKING show since at least Orb, possibly even (Dare I say it) Mebius. You can really see the money put into this, and hopefully it keeps throughout the series. Shame on Tsuburaya for not simulcasting this (Not that I'm surprised), but I was quite pleased to see a good three fansub groups on the job almost right away, whereas only one really worked on R/B, and was pretty inconsistent with releases (Not that I'm mad - I understand they have lives outside of this, but it is annoying there are groups like TVNihon and Over-Time that are subbing the exact same Sentai/Rider shows when when of them could be doing Ultraman).

I was a little annoyed to not see Ultrawoman Grigio with all of the other New Gen. Ultras at the beginning, though who knows, maybe she's off training somewhere or something. Hopefully she appears down the road though. Why not have her team up with the OTHER Ultra-sister Amia (Who also hails from U-40 like Titus)?
Female Ultra's sadly get the shaft a lot.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gothicserpent wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:That was a really rip-roaring start. Easily the best LOOKING show since at least Orb, possibly even (Dare I say it) Mebius. You can really see the money put into this, and hopefully it keeps throughout the series. Shame on Tsuburaya for not simulcasting this (Not that I'm surprised), but I was quite pleased to see a good three fansub groups on the job almost right away, whereas only one really worked on R/B, and was pretty inconsistent with releases (Not that I'm mad - I understand they have lives outside of this, but it is annoying there are groups like TVNihon and Over-Time that are subbing the exact same Sentai/Rider shows when when of them could be doing Ultraman).

I was a little annoyed to not see Ultrawoman Grigio with all of the other New Gen. Ultras at the beginning, though who knows, maybe she's off training somewhere or something. Hopefully she appears down the road though. Why not have her team up with the OTHER Ultra-sister Amia (Who also hails from U-40 like Titus)?
Female Ultra's sadly get the shaft a lot.
There’s also Taro’s wife, Kaguya.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

UltimateDitto wrote:This was in my news feed.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/every-single-ul ... 259321/amp
Every single series, every single movies, all of it!
Which reminds me, if that's the case, then what about these three Ultra Seven episodes (From a Planet With Love, Super Weapon R-1, and Revenge of 300 years)?

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Wario94 wrote:
Which reminds me, if that's the case, then what about these three Ultra Seven episodes (From a Planet With Love, Super Weapon R-1, and Revenge of 300 years)?
I'm not sure about the other two (which I think were removed from circulation after the 2011 earthquake) but I would be very much surprised if "From a Planet with Love" is released, even for a North American release. It's caused too much controversy (unintentionally) and TPC has too much to risk to include it. This is their first opportunity to license all their shows outside of Japan and I don't see them taking any risks to jeopardize it in some way.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Terasawa wrote:
Wario94 wrote:
I'm not sure about the other two (which I think were removed from circulation after the 2011 earthquake) but I would be very much surprised if "From a Planet with Love" is released, even for a North American release. It's caused too much controversy (unintentionally) and TPC has too much to risk to include it. This is their first opportunity to license all their shows outside of Japan and I don't see them taking any risks to jeopardize it in some way.
TPC as in Ultraman Tiga?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
Wario94 wrote: Every single series, every single movies, all of it!
TPC as in Ultraman Tiga?
Lol. Tsuburaya Production Company.

Anyways, awesome needs indeed. I'll be grabbing up every release for sure.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Terasawa wrote:
Wario94 wrote:Which reminds me, if that's the case, then what about these three Ultra Seven episodes (From a Planet With Love, Super Weapon R-1, and Revenge of 300 years)?
I'm sure Super Weapon R-1 will be included. To the best of my knowledge, it was only removed from rotation after Fukushima (Which I find pretty stupid considering the episode preaches AGAINST that very thing), but was still on the Blu-Ray set and everything. Plus, Gyeron returned in Ultraman Geed a few years back. I wouldn't get your hopes up for From Another With Love, but I guess it's not entirely impossible (It did after all get dubbed by Cinar and aired on TNT). But I don't think Revenge of 300 Years will be on there considering it was never even produced.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

MaxRebo320 wrote:But I don't think Revenge of 300 Years will be on there considering it was never even produced.
Oops, I guess that's why I didn't recognize that title.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Wario94
Samurai

Post by Wario94 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:But I don't think Revenge of 300 Years will be on there considering it was never even produced.
Yeah, about that, "Revenge of 300 Years" did made that episode but because of that incident, the actress who played Anne told Tsuburaya Productions to never aired that episode, which they all agreed.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Wario94 wrote:
Yeah, about that, "Revenge of 300 Years" did made that episode but because of that incident, the actress who played Anne told Tsuburaya Productions to never aired that episode, which they all agreed.
Yeah, I don't think that's true (You have to realize the Ultraman Wikia primarily uses Google-translated sources, which can of course get lost in translation somewhat). I guess they STARTED filming it, only to cancel after Hishimi's injury, but I seriously doubt they filmed an entire episode (Effects and all), only to never ever air it.

There WAS a short feature narrated by Yuriko Hishimi that told the episode's plot with some reenacted footage made in the 90s, but that's it.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The subject of a banned Ultraseven episode is grade A creepypasta-fodder.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:The subject of a banned Ultraseven episode is grade A creepypasta-fodder.
Agreed. Thankfully the actress didn`t get killed or anything. I can only imagine the incident was probably super traumatic so it`s understandable why the episode would not continue production or just be removed. I think we can do the best by respecting those wishes.

Should some episodes be cut, such as From a Planet With love, I think we should respect the wishes and not get bummed out that the set has some very minor things missing.

Super Weapon R-1 is probably my favorite UltraSeven Episode, other then the one with Narse.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

He's back, boys. Oh and there's a duck too.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:The subject of a banned Ultraseven episode is grade A creepypasta-fodder.
Agreed. Thankfully the actress didn`t get killed or anything. I can only imagine the incident was probably super traumatic so it`s understandable why the episode would not continue production or just be removed. I think we can do the best by respecting those wishes.

Should some episodes be cut, such as From a Planet With love, I think we should respect the wishes and not get bummed out that the set has some very minor things missing.

Super Weapon R-1 is probably my favorite UltraSeven Episode, other then the one with Narse.
I don't agree at all. No studio has any right to remove an episode from existence after it has aired. It was bullshit when Tsuburaya did it to U7 and it's bullshit now that Fox did it with The Simpsons. If people are offended by the episode, they simply don't have to watch it. It's that easy.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:No studio has any right to remove an episode from existence after it has aired.
They haven't removed it from existence, they simply don't circulate it themselves, which of course is well within their legal rights. :roll:
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

No studio has any right to remove an episode from existence after it has aired
Even if the episode fucking tackled people dying from Radiation, because it seemed semi-insensitive?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Even if the episode fucking tackled people dying from Radiation, because it seemed semi-insensitive?
TPC actually pulled the episode because Spell-seijin was labeled "Hibaku-seijin" (A-bomb survivor alien) in later merchandise for the series. The objection was over using "hibakusha" (a word describing the group of people who survived the atomic bombing at the end of WWII) to describe an alien monster. As far as I know there was no mass objection to the content of the episode itself, just this branding of the character, but it was enough for TPC to pull the show and avoid using the character ever again.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Terasawa wrote:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:No studio has any right to remove an episode from existence after it has aired.
They haven't removed it from existence, they simply don't circulate it themselves, which of course is well within their legal rights. :roll:
No they don't.

There was an entire argument over this back in the 80s when Ted Turner wanted to colorize all B&W movies.

Added in 1 minute 33 seconds:
LamangoKaijura wrote:
No studio has any right to remove an episode from existence after it has aired
Even if the episode skreeonking tackled people dying from Radiation, because it seemed semi-insensitive?
Don't watch it. No one is putting a gun to anyone's head telling them they have to watch the episode. Also, there are far darker episodes to Ultra Seven then someone dying from radiation.

People should not have to have their entertainment hijacked because someone got offended.

Now okay, I get pulling it from TV airings 50 years ago due to its subject matter. What I'm talking about is it not being released on DVD or BD despite being 50 years ago.
Last edited by Kaiju no Kami on Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yes. That's exactly what happened. The ones who suffered from nuclear radiation poisoning are the ones who are wrong.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.