Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by MandaSaurus »

Found the latest wave of Savage Strike at my local Wal-Mart - but not where you'd think! They were in the TOY STORY section! And as there IS a place for them in the JW section - empty, mind you - there's no reason for that fauxpas! I picked up a Dilophosaurus - the frill design could've been better, but I wanted that sculpt...

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

So has that ultra articulated line been canceled or something? (The 6 inch Owen, Blue, and Dr. Malcolm)

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

GojiDude95 wrote:So has that ultra articulated line been canceled or something? (The 6 inch Owen, Blue, and Dr. Malcolm)
There has been no word of "yea" or "nay" from Mattel. When they want us to know I'm sure we'll hear somethin

BTW, for those of you waiting on Papo's Limited Edition Spinosaurus Aegypticus, there has been a production delay. Expect to see it in August/September now...

EDIT: For those of you with Wal-Marts nearby, you might want to check the price on the basic JW Battle Damage dinos. Mine is selling them for $7.76 now - which also happens to be the new price of the Attack Packs. I keep my receipts, so I'm going to go get some money back on my mustard 'Raptor and my BD Pteranodon. :)

EDIT II: Two more cases of AP Wave 3 were on my Wal-Mart's pegs. Two Mussaurus were present - one said "new" in the upper right corner, the other had no upper right corner. Both were in excellent shape. I took the one that said "new"...

EDIT III: A future asst. of basic Battle Damage has been unveiled. Herrerasaurus( straight repaint ), Monolophosaurus( repaint of the BD one that came with the BD EC 'Rex ), and a Proceratosaurus - a modified version of the AP release, which is different enough that it's got my interest...

EDIT IV: The next asst. of AP is set to contain Velociraptor Echo, Mononykus, a repaint Dimorphodon, and probly a carry-forward( or two ). The Dimorph was supposed to be a shade of red - and it is. Before anyone yells, "It's Pink!", let me assure you, it is not. I went to the Wiki site for red, and found that the new Dimorph is in fact SALMON-colored( with white highlights on the underside of the wings ). But if any of you wants to insist it's pink, knock yourselves out. I'm getting one, regardless...

Someone BUMP this, huh? Surely somebody besides me has seen the photos of the Brachiosaurus and BD Spinosaurus?
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Bumped for MandaSaurus. I was just thinking yesterday that this thread's been quiet lately...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

There's a 26th anniversary set from Lego that includes a fully buildable and poseable t-rex, the jurassic park gate, and most of the main characters in that film. It looks awesome but I fear it'll be pretty hard to get.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Still waiting on more POPs. I need a Lex goddamnit!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Any of y'all seen the new Brachiosaurus prototype and box? Apparently they decided to go with an elephantine grey, rather than the the sandy brown we saw at ToyFair. And it comes unassembled in a box with a lot of cool JP/JW art on it. I was wondering how they were gonna box up that big sucker. Well, now we know...

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Any of y'all seen the new Brachiosaurus prototype and box? Apparently they decided to go with an elephantine grey, rather than the the sandy brown we saw at ToyFair. And it comes unassembled in a box with a lot of cool JP/JW art on it. I was wondering how they were gonna box up that big sucker. Well, now we know...
Oh yeah looks good. I've heard that part of the neck will have rubber.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

For some STRANGE reason, Amazon is selling JW Velociraptor Charlie for $16.39! They gotta be ON something! Charlie is in the current AP asst., packed at THREE per case! My Wal-Mart is drowning in Charlies! I could go over there right now, and have my pick of Charlies, for $7.76 each! Ah well, no one ever said that Amazon has to make SENSE... :roll:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

MandaSaurus wrote:For some STRANGE reason, Amazon is selling JW Velociraptor Charlie for $16.39! They gotta be ON something! Charlie is in the current AP asst., packed at THREE per case! My Wal-Mart is drowning in Charlies! I could go over there right now, and have my pick of Charlies, for $7.76 each! Ah well, no one ever said that Amazon has to make SENSE... :roll:
It's not Amazon; it's a third party retailer named "Wholesale Fun!" but it's fulfilled by Amazon.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Around Toy Fair, Mattel had announced two "value assortments" of JW figures. One was a five-points-of-articulation 12" scale line, and the other was the same POA in a 6" scale line. Has anyone seen either these at retail yet?

TWELVE INCH LINE:

SIX INCH LINE:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Only place I know that the 6" Value Line has been seen, is the Meijer chain...

EDIT: Mattel will be selling a John Hammond figure in special JP packaging at SDCC next month! Hope they have some left-over after the Con...

EDIT 2: Oh, the 12" Basic line has been seen at Barnes & Noble, and you can order them from Amazon...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Who wants some Brachiosaur images? (and a Spino bonus)

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

The Spino colors are pretty weak, but so have most of the reissued color schemes, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to it all the same.
And how about that Brachiosaurus! Beautiful!

Meanwhile, at Creative Beast Studios, The Ceratopsian line is moving along nicely:
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
^Pictured above are Avaceratops, Albertaceratops, and Sinoceratops.

And we now have a set date!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Hey! That YT toy reviewer Dan Surprise got a complimentary Brachiosaurus from Mattel! Damn! Of particular note, is that it comes in three pieces: The Head/Neck, Tail, & Main Body/Legs. Go check the video out - it's worth a look!

My Wal-Mart finally got in the Nasutoceratops/Allosaurus Dual Attack wave. Don't care much for the re-tooled Allo - the eyes look piggy. And they could've done better with the Nasuto's eyes - two out of three had red paint over the eyes. Only one had eyes that weren't painted over - I took that one. Tried not to laugh at the JokerFace Concavenator...

EDIT: Picked up a Velociraptor Charlie at Wal-Mart. I dig the color scheme, and unlike Delta, it is not a simple re-paint of AP Blue - the sculpt has been altered, esp noticeable in the back legs. WON'T be getting Velociraptor Echo - never cared for that Green Raptor from last year...

Added in 17 days 23 hours 39 minutes 54 seconds:
Big sale going on at Target. Green T-Rex Pack/Bite n Fight T-Rex are $23.99 each, Attack Pack/ human figs are $6.39 each, Roarivores/ Dual Attacks are $11.99 each, SuperColossal Rex is $40. I think that they are getting ready for the Fall Re-set. I picked up a Green T-Rex Pack. At $23.99, I couldn't say "no"...
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

That Brontosaurus looks awesome!

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

ROMG4 wrote:That Brontosaurus looks awesome!
Brontosaurus? What Brontosaurus? I see a BRACHIOsaurus...

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Did that man just call a Brachiosaurus a Brontosaurus?!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I mean... Tim did the same thing in Jurassic Park, but at least he had the decency to catch and correct himself.

"Those are Brontosauruses, I mean, uh... Brachiosauruses!"
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Birdman wrote:Did that man just call a Brachiosaurus a Brontosaurus?!
Yes. Yes, he did. Obviously failed Sauropods 101 class... :P

BREAKING NEWS: The first two entries in the 6-inch collector-focused Amber Collection have been revealed! Dr. Ian Malcolm and the Velociraptor Pack Leader, both from JPI - pics and more info over at Jurassic Outpost & Collect Jurassic! Supposed to be out later this year! :huge:
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983