The Disney Thread.

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Gigantis
Sazer

The Disney Thread.

Post by Gigantis »

cuz the Mouse is to large for the General Hollywood thread.
i came up with this thread so the Monsterverse one wouldn't get cluttered with people talking about Disney all the time.

wanna talk about a classic Disney film from your childhood, or maybe discuss and upcoming film from them or Pixar? go right ahead because this threads just for that! :D

only thing you can't talk about is Marvel or Star Wars because those two have their own threads already. Blue Sky Studios can also be talked about since their part of Disney now.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Re: The Disney Thread.

Post by ScootaVaran »

I personally think those live action adaptations are actually better than the animated movies.
I guess I should admit that I didn't grow up with Disney animation so I have no special nostalgia toward them.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

The only live action Disney movie I liked so far is Jungle Book. The rest seem... alright, at best. Lion King has me mildly curious, but I’ll only see it if word of mouth is good. Mulan just sounds disappointing from what I hear.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

The Lady and the Tramp remake is the final piece needed to prove that Disney is off their knockers.

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Love the Disney animated classics. Last good one was Moana.

Skreeonk the live-action remakes (Will Smith Genie is an abomination that needs to be killed with fire). Never needed to be made and are pointless soulless cash grabs. Why did they need to be made? If people wants to watch the films they'll just go on and watch the animated classics.

That said though I've pretty much lost all interest in their movies now alongside Pixar given their reliance on tropes like twist villains and the pre-climax argument since it seems its too hard to even do a new approach on their stories. Moved onto animated films like Laika and Ghibi Studios.

Also skreeonk Ice Ages 4 & 5.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Love the Disney animated classics. Last good one was Moana.

Skreeonk the live-action remakes (Will Smith Genie is an abomination that needs to be killed with fire). Never needed to be made and are pointless soulless cash grabs. Why did they need to be made? If people wants to watch the films they'll just go on and watch the animated classics.

That said though I've pretty much lost all interest in their movies now alongside Pixar given their reliance on tropes like twist villains and the pre-climax argument since it seems its too hard to even do a new approach on their stories. Moved onto animated films like Laika and Ghibi Studios.

Also skreeonk Ice Ages 4 & 5.
if i could honestly walk up to Disney and give one critique, it be "stop using twist villains all the time! " i wish they started making more films where you could just tell who the villain was right off the bat.

oh and more 2-D films, we need more of those in general. that said, i still enjoy a lot of their modern movies and i'm certain to see Lion King and Frozen 2.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

tyrantgoji wrote:if i could honestly walk up to Disney and give one critique, it be "stop using twist villains all the time! " i wish they started making more films where you could just tell who the villain was right off the bat.

oh and more 2-D films, we need more of those in general. that said, i still enjoy a lot of their modern movies and i'm certain to see Lion King and Frozen 2.
Agreed those are the villains I miss. Why can't they do anymore of those?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

This is exactly why this is among the reasons I hate these live-action remakes. No Shang? No Shan-Yu? No Mushu?

Skreeonk this I'll stick to the animated film.

I can't wait for the inevitable Hunchback live-action movie where it won't be as dark and adult-themed as the animated film. Watch that they also make Frollo a young man so children won't be creeped out about an old man lusting over a young woman! Especially given parents nowadays complains about the littlest reasons.

Also Jiminey Cricket removed in Pinocchio because they want Pinocchio to be independent and prove himself as a real boy on his own! Won't surprise me since they removed Timothy Q. Mouse and now Mushu.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

The good news Gfan90s is that they are running out of live films to adapt!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I too hate the live action remakes. Beyond being cash grabs, beyond being generally inferior to the originals, the greatest problem with them is the damage they're doing to the animation medium and the message that Disney is sending as a whole: "Animation doesn't matter." These things are made because the originals are automatically deemed "childish" or "bad" on the sole basis that their animated, and they make these remakes as if saying "Hey, look! Here's the exact same story but now adults can watch it without embarrassment!"

Traditional 2D animation is already dying, and if Disney keeps pushing these shit shows even 3D won't be far behind.

As a big fan of animation, particularly traditional 2D, the message these remakes are sending fucking infuriates me.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Godzilla21 wrote:The good news Gfan90s is that they are running out of live films to adapt!
Nice sarcasm... :roll:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:I too hate the live action remakes. Beyond being cash grabs, beyond being generally inferior to the originals, the greatest problem with them is the damage they're doing to the animation medium and the message that Disney is sending as a whole: "Animation doesn't matter." These things are made because the originals are automatically deemed "childish" or "bad" on the sole basis that their animated, and they make these remakes as if saying "Hey, look! Here's the exact same story but now adults can watch it without embarrassment!"

Traditional 2D animation is already dying, and if Disney keeps pushing these poop shows even 3D won't be far behind.

As a big fan of animation, particularly traditional 2D, the message these remakes are sending skreeonking infuriates me.
Something we can definitely both agree on for sure. Y'all see folks I'm not the only one who hates these lifeless lazy cash grabs.

As for 2D animation. Movie industry wise it has otherwise cartoons its still going strong. All I recall is flash animation taking over.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Interesting article on the recent live action Jungle Book. You had a lot of non-Indian actors portraying most of the roles. Yet there was no backlash. Question is do you think there would also be no backlash if they cast non-African actors in the main roles in the Lion King 2019?

http://gal-dem.com/does-disneys-cast-fo ... ng-of-poc/
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I can only also imagine how nightmare-inducing a CGI live-action Stitch would look like in an inevitable Lilo & Stitch live-action remake.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

GigaBowserG wrote:[yotube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ON04GCwKs[/youtube]
Looks like sloppy-seconds that Netflix typically buys from studios
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I do wonder when we'll get the "live action" Bambi though.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:The good news Gfan90s is that they are running out of live films to adapt!
Nice sarcasm... :roll:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:I too hate the live action remakes. Beyond being cash grabs, beyond being generally inferior to the originals, the greatest problem with them is the damage they're doing to the animation medium and the message that Disney is sending as a whole: "Animation doesn't matter." These things are made because the originals are automatically deemed "childish" or "bad" on the sole basis that their animated, and they make these remakes as if saying "Hey, look! Here's the exact same story but now adults can watch it without embarrassment!"

Traditional 2D animation is already dying, and if Disney keeps pushing these poop shows even 3D won't be far behind.

As a big fan of animation, particularly traditional 2D, the message these remakes are sending skreeonking infuriates me.
Something we can definitely both agree on for sure. Y'all see folks I'm not the only one who hates these lifeless lazy cash grabs.

As for 2D animation. Movie industry wise it has otherwise cartoons its still going strong. All I recall is flash animation taking over.
who was doubting you were the only one? just look at the comment section for Lion King and you'll find plenty. still not as much as lovers though.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:This is exactly why this is among the reasons I hate these live-action remakes. No Shang? No Shan-Yu? No Mushu?

Reportedly, this movie will be a much more faithful retelling of the legend of "Hua Mulan".
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:This is exactly why this is among the reasons I hate these live-action remakes. No Shang? No Shan-Yu? No Mushu?

Reportedly, this movie will be a much more faithful retelling of the legend of "Hua Mulan".
Which is interesting, considering how the 1998 film was poorly-received in China due to (among other things) significantly deviating from its original source material.

Kinda glad it's going in another direction, instead of just a shot-for-shot reenactment of the previous film. I might even be on board if it stays faithful to the Ballad and retains the wuxia-style vibes that the trailer was giving.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Looks boring tbh.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira