Godzilla: Omniverse [V.0.13 BETA Update]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters REDUX

Post by _MHG_ »

^Thanks! Going to get more unreal soon enough.

For now, MOGUERA/Land-M preview:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

damn

you did MOGUERA justice.

Glad to see the drill penguin get some love. :mrgreen:

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Since Mecha-King Ghidorah is a time traveler, you could make that into a sort of teleport move.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

holy. crap. You're amazing at spriting, I've never seen ANYONE sprite and animate this well in the community. this is really high grade work. Moguera is just amazing. Still have an eta release date at the end of March?
Last edited by airforce111 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Thank you all.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:damn

you did MOGUERA justice.

Glad to see the drill penguin get some love. :mrgreen:
Yup. Had to happen. :D
Living Corpse wrote:Since Mecha-King Ghidorah is a time traveler, you could make that into a sort of teleport move.
Coincidentally, a fiery-explosive teleport move based on his flame-materialization ability was considered for SKG but ultimately dropped. So I suppose this could go to MKG instead. Though instead of being the standard "A" to "B" type teleportation, it should be such that MKG teleports back to his state and coordinates one second prior to his current ones. Could be good for breaking out of grabs or avoiding being caught in a line of fire. Not sure if this is what you meant. In any case, looks like a good idea so thanks for the suggestion.
airforce111 wrote:holy. crap. You're amazing at spriting, I've never seen ANYONE sprite and animate this well in the community. this is really high grade work. Moguera is just amazing. Still have an eta release date at the end of March?
Appreciate the input! For the ETA, I previously thought end of March was about right, but I've concluded that this isn't realistic. A good chunk of progress has been made, and by March's end, an even bigger chunk of progress will have been made. But it still won't be ready (though I'll have a much clearer idea of what remains to be done). Instead of providing the actual ETA, I'll just go ahead and say that the "as-is" ETA window is May 9 to 12. At that point, regardless of whatever items remain, I'll simply prep it for play and release it. Ideally, I want it done a lot sooner but I can't speak much on that until the March-April progress report by the end of this month.
Last edited by _MHG_ on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

March - April, 2019 Progress Report:

. This will be the final PR for Version 0.11. The updated will be completed by the next PR (May - June cycle). I'd like to get this version done quickly myself so I can move forward with the recent material.
. Demo play through videos will probably come around mid May.
. For now, here's some previews for Destroyah and Shin G updated:

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

destoroyah looks amazing! can't wait!

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I can definitely see this as an actual tournament game in G-Fest.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

This looks really impressive, and honestly I can't wait to play it.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

any updates?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Could I please have a link to your YouTube channel?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

May - June, 2019 Progress Report:

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: it's not done yet. I thought I'd surely be able to get it down by this time, but I underestimated the number of "moving parts" that needed to be accounted for. No more ETAs until I can get a predictable schedule. Instead, I'll post the list of remaining items and cross off items that have been completed.

Good news: the core components of all character behaviors plus the collisions have been completed. This is important because a good deal of elements, namely sounds and AI, are built on top of those core behaviors and therefore should be easier to manage. Below is a list of remaining items and order of process (as of this PR):

. [MJ/Major Component]: Sounds (in progress)
. [MJ]: AI
. [MJ]: Integration of the new arenas (graphics already completed) and environmental interaction (partial underwater and buildings)
. [MN/Minor Component]: Hud icons update (graphics completed already)
. [MN]: Menus update
. [MN]: Screen resolution update (no more black bars, larger screen area)
. Release of gameplay demo video 1
. Release of gameplay demo video 2
. [MJ]: Original roster compatibility and content update
. [MN]: Final round of testing for bugs
. Release of 0.11.

The next PR will have a good deal of these crossed-off. If I'm able to get to the release of gameplay demo video 1 before then, I'll post it immediately. Please note that though it may seem like it, this is not a delay. Just an error of estimation. Progress is steady.

Lastly, I intended to post a preview of MGB's base frame since I planned to have a release by this time. 0.11 isn't complete yet, but I'll post it still:

Note that MGB is not currently in progress and will not appear in 0.11. This frame was completed solely during the program application's occasional loading cycles which, thankfully, do not lock up Windows. All post-0.11 plans will be discussed once 0.11 is released.

That should be all. More to come.
LegendZilla wrote:Could I please have a link to your YouTube channel?

No official YouTube channel for this project currently exists. I'll create one once the the gameplay demos mentioned above have been recorded.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Love the passion you're putting into this
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

any gameplay yet? dying to see how those monsters look in action!!!

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^ the shin-vs-des gif above was the last preview I had planned. There won't be any more previews until demo video 1 is up, unfortunately.

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

Holy crap I can't wait to play this.

Godzillanime
Ronin

Post by Godzillanime »

Since KOTM is out already, what are your plans for Godzilla 2019?
Can't wait for the moment where Godjiller fights with Gonorrhea.

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

Godzillanime wrote:Since KOTM is out already, what are your plans for Godzilla 2019?
Plans for KOTM characters overall:

MV Godzilla: Pending release of G3. Most likely the design changes between G19 and G20 will be minimal. Even so, I'd like to first see what the "final" iteration of this Godzilla will be like and commit my rendition on that basis. G20 will be included in V.13.

MV Ghidorah: As it stands now, I feel it will be appropriate to bundle MV Ghidorah alongside G20 and MV Kong, and include him in V.13 as that version's "boss" character. But, if MV MechGodzilla is actually confirmed for G3 (as unlikely as that may be), then MVMG will take MVG's place and MVG will be bumped forward to V.12 (the current version that will be released within the next few months is V.11).

MV Mothra+Rodan: Toss up between these two and FW Gigan/G2K. Undecided as of now, but I can say with certainty that the MV pair will be much easier to do than the Millenium pair, but I believe the latter is more interesting because of a wider array of behaviors/abilities. Regardless of which pair is selected, the characters will be included in V.12.

MV Titans (Behemoth+Scylla+Methu+MUTOs): None of the new original characters in G2 had a strong showing. If either of these appear in G3 and actually do something interesting this time, they'll definitely be considered for V.13. If not, I'm probably not going to bother with them. MUTOs (M+F) are an exception, but still don't offer much and are a bit dated as well. Undecided on how to proceed with them, but unlike G2's characters, I do want to include them at some point.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

any updates for this?

_MHG_
GPN Volunteer

Post by _MHG_ »

^ Expectation is for Quarterly Progress Report Q3 to be posted by end of September along with gameplay video 1. Needed to add some additional features.