The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Dr. Carter »

Yeah, that's what I'd say too. Especially since Gigan can fly, having him pop in at any time would work.

Also, despite the eye injury, Iguno's only managed to make Walterrus mad. But how successful he is in trying to steam roll the dino like Gojira did the MUTO Female in G2014, well, it was spelled out in the post. ^^;; Walterrus started out smaller than Godzilla for a reason, and that was because the good guys usually are smaller than the bad guys. Makes their eventual wins more impressive, though I had potential plans for Walterrus to grow in size depending on what Godzilla165 does with Godzilla's size. It's going to be a tough battle for Walterrus, but he has some abilities he has yet to show, even though they've been listed already... Should have added in the ability to create new attacks with the nuclear power in his body, but eh, something for a later addition I suppose... I mean, I am going to make some updates to Gojira at some point.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

:lol: Guess now works, then. No time like the present.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Here is a minor spoiler for my next post.

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

And here comes Gojira, easily mistaken for Godzilla, though considering just what he is... It's not really that much of a physical difference, just a difference in nature. XD

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Here we goooooooo!
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

I apologize to Breakdown for making his best two Kaiju look semi-incompetent for one post.

Besides, maybe now Gigan is going to get a real taste of what Godzilla will be like, eh, Carter? ;)
-Dr. Asimov

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:I apologize to Breakdown for making his best two Kaiju look semi-incompetent for one post.

Besides, maybe now Gigan is going to get a real taste of what Godzilla will be like, eh, Carter? ;)
How did Gigan elbow Gamera if he had is arm restrained lol
ImageImage

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Breakdown wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:I apologize to Breakdown for making his best two Kaiju look semi-incompetent for one post.

He used the other arm, plus Gamera was distracted by Mechagodzilla.
-Dr. Asimov

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:
Breakdown wrote:

He used the other arm, plus Gamera was distracted by Mechagodzilla.
He'd have to reach his other arm all the way over his body to be able to do that :lol: also he wasn't distracted until Gamera knocked him down.
ImageImage

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Eh, I'm just rolling with the punches as it were here. XD;; Sorry if that messed your game plan up Breakdown, as well as made things harder with my response. ^^;;

Edit: Also, I may have to loan my characters to some people soon. This coming Tuesday I'll be disconnecting from social media until the 9th for a much needed break. So I have today and some of tomorrow to participate in the action. Once I'm back next Tuesday I'll fill you guys in on what went on during the time away. I already have some people in mind, actually, before anyone asks me if they can take control of my characters for the time I'm gone.

Edit2: Gojirawars 03, oh yes, Gigan's definitely going to get a taste of what a real Godzilla is like, especially after that blast.
Last edited by Dr. Carter on Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Man I've been waiting to use that "Damn Godzilla!" line since the RP started :lol:
ImageImage

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Heh heh, yeah, that was fun to read. XD Bet MechaGodzilla and Kuronuma weren't expecting Gojira to full tilt run like that though. :lol:

Edit: HA! I got that reference, Godzilla165. XD Perhaps it would work though? One doesn't know if they don't try.
Last edited by Dr. Carter on Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Intense action, monster battles and destruction all around.

Meanwhile, Godzilla:

EDIT: Maybe, Carter, maybe. I don’t think Godzilla would want to flatten poor Junior’s tail just as an experiment though :lol:.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

I wish that the forum software here allowed you to like comments! I would so have given that post a like. XD

Anyways, yeah, though maybe not too hard of a stomp? Maybe just gently place his foot down, and then give a sudden squeeze to incite Jr.'s own atomic breath? But yeah, this Godzilla doesn't seem quite as rough in parenting that the original Showa Godzilla was.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Everybody's here duking it out in Fukuoka, and here I am trying to build up the entry of one of my own monsters, who ideally will be left to its own when it strikes.

I'll introduce my other monsters eventually, likely from more mysteries/buildups. But until then, more boring human drama for you all! :twisted:
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So, may I suggest some ground rules for combat? 1 or 2 moves automatically hit but the last move is up to the opponent? Kind of like the old arena. That way it's a bit easier to follow and we can avoid disputes over who did what.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

That sounds like a good idea, honestly. Outside of here, and even on here, I normally try to make an attack, detail what it'd do if it's a special kind of move if it connects so the person knows how to react if they choose to take it, and then wait for the next move by the other person. It's pretty slow, but in my experience, usually is the most polite way to handle combat. Generally works best in one-on-one scenarios though. Where multiple people are involved though, this rule might be a good compromise. Allows combat to flow faster, and is still polite to the others.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Something I guess I'll formally implement: if I intend an attack to definitely hit, I'll go ahead and describe it making contact, and maybe some of the target monster's reaction where appropriate. If I intend it to miss or let the other person decide whether or not to take it, I'll just have the post trail off. Examples:

Anguirus socked Gamera in the mouth, knocking him off his feet.

Battra swooped down and aimed a swipe of his claws at Byakkan's eyes...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

I did that same thing in this post. Apologies if I kinda backed you into a corner when writing your posts before, Breakdown.
-Dr. Asimov

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:I did that same thing in this post. Apologies if I kinda backed you into a corner when writing your posts before, Breakdown.
It's fine, no worries. Let's just keep the honor system and do the 1 hit 1 open thing.

Also next post I kind of wanna tease Gyaos, but not actually have them show up until later. Just to introduce them, you know?
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage