MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by BlankAccount »

Theory: King Ghidorah attacks on the Earth in the past caused the permanent storm around Skull Island, the conditions in the location were just right that nature continue to feed the storm long after King Ghidorah was put in deep freeze.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla killed the last surviving Kong (either Kong's mom or dad), right after the brutal Kong vs Skullcrawler War.

Causing Baby Kong to be pissed and hold a grudge.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Living Corpse wrote:Theory: King Ghidorah attacks on the Earth in the past caused the permanent storm around Skull Island, the conditions in the location were just right that nature continue to feed the storm long after King Ghidorah was put in deep freeze.
Adding to this, Skullcrawlers were once peaceful species that coexisted with the Kongs until KG brainwashed them all like Rodan but since the Skullcrawlers were weaker, they were brainwashed permanently (like the MUTOS were in another headcanon of mine which lasted until KG was defeated and the new femuto submitted in KOTM) and used to kill off the Kong Species while KG trapped them there with his storm.

This could lead to an interesting situation in that since KG's dead for now, the Skullcrawlers go back to their peaceful ways, maybe submitting to Godzilla which makes Kong salty since he wants to kill em all but Godzilla doesn't and leads to them fighting. Almost parellelling the disagreement of people who lost their family to monsters wanting to see them dead (Mark Russel, Joe Brody; Kong) and those that think killing the monsters is no solution and wants to let them live for the sake of nature (Dr. Serizawa, most of Monarch; Godzilla and possibly Mothra).
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

THEORY: Godzilla caused the Titanic and Monarch purposely hides all the info from the public because they do know that it was indeed Godzilla who did it.

HEAD CANON: Captain Douglas Gordon is the Argo's first pilot and he's in semi-retirement after serving 15 years in the military as a jetfighter pilot.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Given their MONARCH names. Both Behemoth and Leviathan were the inspirations of said beings in the bible.

As with Scylla with well...Scylla in Greek Mythology.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Given their MONARCH names. Both Behemoth and Leviathan were the inspirations of said beings in the bible.

As with Scylla with well...Scylla in Greek Mythology.
Godzilla was the inspiration for Leviathan, I'm pretty sure.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Godzilla was the inspiration for Leviathan, I'm pretty sure.
Was this ever revealed in any of the two comics? Closest I can think is in Aftershocks.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Godzilla was the inspiration for Leviathan, I'm pretty sure.
Was this ever revealed in any of the two comics? Closest I can think is in Aftershocks.
Novelization actually, it specifically mentions that Godzilla and his species in general were possible inspirations for the biblical "Livyatan", or Leviathan.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Dv-218 wrote:Novelization actually, it specifically mentions that Godzilla and his species in general were possible inspirations for the biblical "Livyatan", or Leviathan.
Ah okay then. I never had read it so I didn't know until now.

Guess one of my wishes came true. I remember back a few years I was hoping for Godzilla and other kaijus to be inspirations of monsters, gods and suchs in myths, cultures and legends (King Ghidorah being behind the legends of the Hydra and Rainbow Serpent most notably) and its now coming true. :huge:

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

Theory: a flock of Leafwings somehow managed to escape from Skull Island at some point and eventually took refuge in Zambia, New Guinea, and the Congo. The Ropen and Kongamato sightings and stories from such areas are actually times people encountered Leafwings.
Last edited by KaijuShill17 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"God, G16 looks like he just walked in on his wife cheating on him with another man, and the zip tie is the only thing holding him back from killing the both of them."

-ArchdukeSquidlyIII

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KaijuShill17 wrote:Theory: a flock of Leafwings somehow managed to escape from Skull Island at some point and eventually took refuge in Zambia, New Guinea, and the Congo. The Ropen and Kongamato sightings and stories from such areas are actually times people encountered Leafwings.
I'm so adopting that.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Muto3 squishes the Brody family after KOTM ends.

Kumonga and Gigan didn't show up in KOTM because they actually read the script.

The bamboo spider is a sub but Scylla (aka hentai Kumonga) is a switch

Mothra has a live laugh love poster back on Infant Island.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Mothra's last death was caused or at least aided by humans somehow (maybe using magic or witchcraft to either attack Mothra or help an enemy titan?) which is why she was so aggressive and distrusting of the Monarch crew right after hatching until they proved they were not trying to harm her with the ORCA signal.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Mother Longlegs are miniature versions of Scylla's species.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

The MUTOs didn't naturally evolve into the Anti-Godzilla MUTO-Prime-morphing species like the Aftershock Prime or the two jet black ones from 2014. This transformation was caused by alien influence, possibly a microrganism that infected a certain amount of MUTOs, maybe something like the Milennians from Godzilla 2000 except instead of gaining genetic material, they fused with the MUTOs to give them a better fighting chance against the dominant Godzilla species, looking to change the natural order to suit themselves. This gave them EMP and radiation absorbing abilities and let them morph into Primes that could lay eggs in other titans. (Also explains why the MUTO Prime has Orga like forelegs)

The brownish MUTOs like the one we saw at the end of KOTM are the ones that haven't been affected by these aliens and live normal non-parasitic lives and aren't sworn enemies of the Godzilla species, explaning why Godzilla didn't just blow her head off right away and why the MUTO bowed instead of instinctively attacking Godzilla.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GuardianGhido wrote:The MUTOs didn't naturally evolve into the Anti-Godzilla MUTO-Prime-morphing species like the Aftershock Prime or the two jet black ones from 2014. This transformation was caused by alien influence, possibly a microrganism that infected a certain amount of MUTOs, maybe something like the Milennians from Godzilla 2000 except instead of gaining genetic material, they fused with the MUTOs to give them a better fighting chance against the dominant Godzilla species, looking to change the natural order to suit themselves. This gave them EMP and radiation absorbing abilities and let them morph into Primes that could lay eggs in other titans. (Also explains why the MUTO Prime has Orga like forelegs)

The brownish MUTOs like the one we saw at the end of KOTM are the ones that haven't been affected by these aliens and live normal non-parasitic lives and aren't sworn enemies of the Godzilla species, explaning why Godzilla didn't just blow her head off right away and why the MUTO bowed instead of instinctively attacking Godzilla.
adopting this theory. explains everything and i love it!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

tyrantgoji wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:The MUTOs didn't naturally evolve into the Anti-Godzilla MUTO-Prime-morphing species like the Aftershock Prime or the two jet black ones from 2014. This transformation was caused by alien influence, possibly a microrganism that infected a certain amount of MUTOs, maybe something like the Milennians from Godzilla 2000 except instead of gaining genetic material, they fused with the MUTOs to give them a better fighting chance against the dominant Godzilla species, looking to change the natural order to suit themselves. This gave them EMP and radiation absorbing abilities and let them morph into Primes that could lay eggs in other titans. (Also explains why the MUTO Prime has Orga like forelegs)

adopting this theory. explains everything and i love it!
Glad I could explain this well enough for you to adopt then!

Also a crosspost from the KOTM discussion thread:

Godzilla's state depends on his current level of radiation. Running low on radiation and energy not only shrinks him down, but also has the other changes like the longer sharp pointed tail and stubbier legs. It's a physical metamorphosis done to conserve the energy he has left. His tail grows bigger to store more radiation inside like how some geckos store fat in their tails. He grows shorter the same way old people do, with less radiation in his body, his cartilage gets weaker and makes his spinal column shorter. His smaller size is also some form of adaption to conserve energy as well. His feet become more pillar like to support his heavier weight easily to conserve energy while making him slower in movement. Thus, Godzilla's physical changes are a sort of biological metamorphosis for the conversion of energy for long times away from sources of radiation, basically a power-saving mode for him.

From this explanation, I think the reason he's smaller and weaker in 2014 than in KOTM or even Awakening or Aftershock is that after emerging in 1954, Godzilla spent 60 years looking for leftover threats like Shinomura and the MUTOs that he sensed with bioacoustics without recharging his radiation levels at alll (only possibly eating their corpses for small boosts). This also explains why he was so tired and low on stamina during his fights in 2014. After defeating the MUTOs and finishing his 60 year mission of killing the threats he detected, he went back to his "home" to hibernate and recharge finto his current state before taking on the MUTO Prime in aftershock and KG in KOTM.

Additionally, his spine design is not a part of his metamorphosis. His spines regenerate differently each time they are broken off (they don't naturally shed however) even if the difference is miniscule, similar to fur patterns changing after growing back or shed antlers growing differently.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

M.U.T.O.'s given their facial features descended from an lineage in the placerderm fish family.

No I don't buy or believe any of that "They're mammals" poop especially given their parasitic nature and multiple limbs and the fact they don't even look like they're mammals to begin with.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Mothra grows larger and stronger the longer she is in her cocoon. Since she came out after about a day in KOTM, she was only 52 feet (though I still say she's a lot longer than that and 52 feet is her from foot to antennae while crawling on all six) and slightly weaker than Rodan. If she has the time to stay in her cocoon for long enough, she can truly become large and powerful enough to warrant her title as Queen of The Monsters and the 2nd most powerful Earth titan after Godzilla.

In my headcanon, her largest and strongest form after spending about 38 days in the cocoon (like the longest time a real Monarch butterfly usually takes) grows to be around 160-200 feet in height (perhaps 179) and 20,367 tons in weight, her webs in this form are invincible to high temperatures like Rodan's flames (not Burning Godzilla levels though and they can still be ripped off with some struggling), her God Rays in this form are powerful fast traveling lasers of concentrated bioluminscent light that can blast through solid rock and can be spammed quickly from the four corners of her wings. She can allso charge up and combine them into a much stronger blast that can send even King Ghidorah flying, but it takes about 15 seconds of charging and hovering in the same place which leaves her a sitting duck. Additionally, in this form she has the poison powder from her Showa Incarnation and electric shock from her Heisei Incarnation.

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

New headcanon: Area 51 is actually a Monarch Outpost where an extraterrestrial titan is being contained.
"God, G16 looks like he just walked in on his wife cheating on him with another man, and the zip tie is the only thing holding him back from killing the both of them."

-ArchdukeSquidlyIII