Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Re: Godzilla Bandai USA/Creations Discussion

Post by Chris55 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Chris has said Bandai America was up to something, in the past. But we've still yet to see anything.

I think they may have done it, whatever it was.
So then Bandai America is infact not making any KOTM figures?
Nope. It looks like the current stock was the stock sitting around for a couple of years. They did some adjustments and put em out. If I remember correctly, they're going to do a second printing of the same figures. No new monsters currently planned.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

So we won't get reissues of stuff like Destroyah or Rodan?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Nathus214 wrote:So we won't get reissues of stuff like Destroyah or Rodan?
Of course not, that would be a smart business decision.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Nathus214 wrote:So we won't get reissues of stuff like Destroyah or Rodan?
Not from Bandai America we won't. Bandai Japan is where it's at, for vinyls...

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

UltramanGoji wrote:If they are, they'll have missed the boat by quite a mile.
Yea, that'd be business as usual for Bandai America. One could very convincingly argue that Bandai America was created by Bandai Japan simply to make America look absolutely clueless when it comes to Godzilla in order to reinforce to collectors that Bandai Japan are the only logical option for vinyl figures made by a competent company and to hopefully give justification for eventually inflating the prices of them once all remaining hope for Bandai America even pretending to have a clue is effectively obliterated.
Last edited by FlawedCoil82 on Fri May 24, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:If they are, they'll have missed the boat by quite a mile.
Yea, that'd be business as usual for Bandai America. One could very convincingly argue that Bandai America was created by Bandai Japan simply to make America look absolutely clueless when it comes to Godzilla in order to reinforce to collectors that Bandai Japan are the only logical option for vinyl figures made by a competent company and to hopefully give justification for eventually inflating the prices of them once all remaining hope for Bandai America even pretending to have a clue is effectively obliterated.
We've got a whole Bandai conspiracy here.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Hey guys, guess what?!

:P
Skreeonk.com wrote:Toho's bringing an exclusive Godzilla 1954 Bandai to #SDCC ... buuuut it's just a rehash of the old Bandai America sculpt available at Wal-marts for $12.97. What a bummer! They're bringing a lot more exclusive merch to their booth - but to place focus on this common, below-average sculpt is a disappointment.

Regardless, here's their press release regarding the vinyl:

We can finally reveal the exclusive Godzilla figure for San Diego Comic Con 2019! From Bandai the 65th Anniversary 1954 Godzilla Deluxe Vinyl Figure is an authentic recreation of the iconic kaiju that introduced Godzilla to the world in the 1954 Toho film Godzilla. To ensure fans have a chance to purchase one, limited quantities will be available daily at the TOHO/Bandai booth #3535.

65th Anniversary 1954 Godzilla Deluxe Vinyl Figure (2019 Convention Exclusive)

From Bandai the 65th Anniversary 1954 Godzilla Deluxe Vinyl Figure (2019 Convention Exclusive) is an authentic recreation of the iconic kaiju that introduced Godzilla to the world in the 1954 Toho film Godzilla. This highly detailed 2019 Convention Exclusive Godzilla features accurate sculpting in a limited edition translucent flake vinyl with added paint treatments for enhanced realism. The exclusive package is a displayable window box with premium sleeve.

1954 Godzilla commemorating Godzilla’s 65th anniversary
6.5” tall translucent flake vinyl Godzilla with exclusive enhanced deco
Displayable window box with premium sleeve
Officially licensed by Toho Co., Ltd.

Available at the Godzilla (Toho Co., Ltd./ Bandai America Inc.) booth!

Price: $30
Image Image

https://www.facebook.com/skreeonk/posts ... 1499175173

Honestly I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just rage-quit at this point.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

I know it's a worse sculpt, but if they are THAT keen on Godzilla 1954 then can we at least get the original mold back??

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^^ $30 for THAT?!? I don't think so... :lol:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It's literally just Fusion Series First Godzilla. Blech. Bandai's never been good with these con exclusives.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

How...lazy of them.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

ゴジマン
G-Force Personnel

Post by ゴジマン »

As much as that is lazy of them, part of me wants it to go with the rest of my fusion series figures. But $30 for just a $12 figure I already own a regular version of seems like a stupid price to pay.
Yes, Hatsune is my Waifu...
goji89 wrote:Shin Goji looks like he has a red apron on. Guess he's still cooking himself extra crispy. :lol: .

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Well, the new box is the most effort I have seen from Bandai America in years, so.....hope?

I will say though, I am still astounded that the old vinyls they have released 20 times in the past already are somehow still selling crazy at Walmart. My local store got in about 10 of them and three days later are down to the last two (and this is at least the 5th shipment they have gotten). I would even argue that these vinyls are outselling the G:KOTM figures from Jakks Pacific. They certainly are disappearing off the shelves a lot faster than the KOTM figures are. I would love to think that Bandai will have an epiphany and realize that since they now have wide release for these figures via Walmart, that they would discover the concept that they could expand the rosters of rereleases to other past figures and perhaps, even throw in a new figure. It's highly doubtful and operates under the assumption that this company could even pretend to care about this line, but hey, stranger things have happened before.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Well BC glad you stepped up your boxes :lol: lost all respect and hope for this brand. Wouldn't pay $10 for this, $30 is robbery at this point

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

FlawedCoil82 wrote:Well, the new box is the most effort I have seen from Bandai America in years, so.....hope?

I will say though, I am still astounded that the old vinyls they have released 20 times in the past already are somehow still selling crazy at Walmart. My local store got in about 10 of them and three days later are down to the last two (and this is at least the 5th shipment they have gotten). I would even argue that these vinyls are outselling the G:KOTM figures from Jakks Pacific. They certainly are disappearing off the shelves a lot faster than the KOTM figures are. I would love to think that Bandai will have an epiphany and realize that since they now have wide release for these figures via Walmart, that they would discover the concept that they could expand the rosters of rereleases to other past figures and perhaps, even throw in a new figure. It's highly doubtful and operates under the assumption that this company could even pretend to care about this line, but hey, stranger things have happened before.
The old molds are going through a second printing. No plans to do anything new currently.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The line is selling well so the solution is...to do more of the same figures.

This company is ass-fucking-backwards.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:The line is selling well so the solution is...to do more of the same figures.

This company is ass-fucking-backwards.
If it's making $ and selling out, keep it going. That's the business.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Bandai Creations has been releasing the same 4 figures since 2012, 54' Godzilla was released even earlier (2009)....

With plans to release the same 4 repeatedly in the near future, (2019-2020)

Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwn, dead end line.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Chris55 wrote: If it's making $ and selling out, keep it going. That's the business.
That’s fucking stupid. The people behind this line are idiots.

If the characters sell so well, why not actually make something new that collectors and the casual audience will buy? It’s astounding to me that they think they can chug out the 1968, 1954 Godzilla’s, the GMK Ghidorah, Rainbow Mothra, King Caesar, and Mechagodzilla 74 over and over again and justify it each time. It’s fucking ridiculous and truly shows that they don’t even care to put one iota of effort into this line. They’d rather lazily chuck out the same six molds every five years than actually bother to do anything unique. What a joke.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Chris55 wrote: If it's making $ and selling out, keep it going. That's the business.
That’s fucking stupid. The people behind this line are idiots.

If the characters sell so well, why not actually make something new that collectors and the casual audience will buy? It’s astounding to me that they think they can chug out the 1968, 1954 Godzilla’s, the GMK Ghidorah, Rainbow Mothra, King Caesar, and Mechagodzilla 74 over and over again and justify it each time. It’s fucking ridiculous and truly shows that they don’t even care to put one iota of effort into this line. They’d rather lazily chuck out the same six molds every five years than actually bother to do anything unique. What a joke.
If the figures keep selling out and you continue to make money, as a business, why not keep going?

New figures are more of a gamble. King Caesar for example was a dud the first time around. Just sat on shelves and was a money loser for the company. The old stock release was better this time around for him.

As much as I'd love to see new monsters, and am disappointed that there currently aren't any in the pipeline, it is a business. Hopefully things will change in the next year or so and we'll see something new.