The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Post by cloverfan98 »

Monster Zero wrote:
Apgigan wrote:
warman222 wrote:Still looks better than that skreeonking Rodan mask. Not like that's saying much. I mean why Mothra has fangs and teeth here I got no idea. It's like they couldn't figure out how to translate the insect attributes onto a mask and ended up with that nightmare fuel.
At least the Rodan mask looks SOMEWHAT accurate to the movie. I don’t even know wtf this mask is supposed to be.
Waspinator obviously!

Will those cute keychains be sold somewhere other than Cinemark?
What keychains? That sounds awesome!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

cloverfan98 wrote:
Monster Zero wrote:
Apgigan wrote:
At least the Rodan mask looks SOMEWHAT accurate to the movie. I don’t even know wtf this mask is supposed to be.
Waspinator obviously!

Will those cute keychains be sold somewhere other than Cinemark?
What keychains? That sounds awesome!
https://www.hottopic.com/product/godzil ... a&start=10

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Oh, thanks! Hopefully I'll be able to pick some up in store this summer!

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

I really hope we get some merchandise of the other titans...

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

UltramanGoji wrote:
GFAN198423 wrote:As a US Godzilla fan, growing up pre-eBay and internet, Godzilla collecting has always been limited, but ‘98 had merchandise front and center, yet with MonsterVerse, it seems like a US made film does more merchandise in foreign markets than its own, and even with eBay and the internet, it’s hard to obtain.
The 98 film might be partially to blame. Sony held off on stores carrying merchandise until the opening weekend as to not spoil the new design. This caused stores to be stuffed with unwanted stuff because everyone hated the movie. It effectively tainted the Godzilla name for retailers.
And they didn't understand the difference between classic Goji and 98 Goji, so no store would carry Godzilla and the Lost Continent. The 5th novel in the Random House series was canceled.

martian001
Ronin

Post by martian001 »

Sonic wrote:I really hope we get some merchandise of the other titans...
I am still confused about how there is NOTHING for the new Titans. NECA keeps claiming there's not enough interest, but you look at all of the variants and accessories they produce for their other lines and it makes no sense. Although it could be argued that those variants are cheaper to produce because many of them share the same basic sculpts. It could be that NECA wanted the Godzilla license, just to have the Godzilla license. But then the Jakks line is limited to the four, and all of the apparel and general merchandise are limited to the four. It feels like a huge missed opportunity, not to engage consumers and show the wide breadth of characters available in the larger franchise.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

martian001 wrote:NECA keeps claiming there's not enough interest, but you look at all of the variants and accessories they produce for their other lines and it makes no sense. Although it could be argued that those variants are cheaper to produce because many of them share the same basic sculpts.
That's pretty much the reasoning. NECA won't do something if it can't be frankenstein'd into something else to sell later on. Just look at the incomplete Pacific Rim line, they milked the Gipsy Danger, Knifehead, and Mutavore molds dry all while leaving out three film kaiju (two of which are fairly important).

martian001
Ronin

Post by martian001 »

Yeh, how many variations of GD were there? I will say they did make a few Jaeger's that weren't in the film, so I give them credit for that.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

NECA's selling model is why we get things like Atomic Shin, Atomic 2019, Atomic GMK, NES Godzilla and Poster '54. You can't really re-use parts from Godzilla for other suits, so instead they find ways to use their existing figures to get multiple releases and increased profit from one piece of work so they can manage to keep releasing unique figures.

Having seen the high resolution image of Behemoth now, they definitely could find some way to use parts from a Kong to make that one too and get use out of a majority of similar parts, their fur styles are too different. Originally I thought this might be an option since the posture of Behemoth looks similar to an ape on all 4s.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

I saw on Instagram some other company will be making a behemoth figure. let's hope it turns out to be true.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Sonic wrote:I saw on Instagram some other company will be making a behemoth figure. let's hope it turns out to be true.
please let it not only be true but please let it be a good size and a good range of articulation. If its monster arts or X plus I'm gonna shoot myself (with a nerf gun)
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

master_of_monsters wrote:
Sonic wrote:I saw on Instagram some other company will be making a behemoth figure. let's hope it turns out to be true.
please let it not only be true but please let it be a good size and a good range of articulation. If its monster arts or X plus I'm gonna shoot myself (with a nerf gun)
No, it was some small company.

godzilla707
Ronin

Post by godzilla707 »

Y-msf is the company doing the Behemoth with a prototype showing at the end of July.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

godzilla707 wrote:Y-msf is the company doing the Behemoth with a prototype showing at the end of July.
who's that?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

master_of_monsters wrote:
godzilla707 wrote:Y-msf is the company doing the Behemoth with a prototype showing at the end of July.
who's that?
They're a smaller figure company that does Bandai vinyl style figures of monsters that Bandai ignores like Manda, Ebirah, etc.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

what kind of quality should we expect?

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Sonic wrote:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

GFAN198423 wrote:
Sonic wrote:
<Snip>
Oh boy! I love cherry picking!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

*proceeds to load nerf gun*

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Y-MSF figures are gorgeous, especially in hand. This is a good move, and if you're a fan of Behemoth, you should be excited.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.