The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by GigaBowserG »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Also, the Atari games had Heisei Mothra so.....

And what's this about the sonic roar being Raids Again? This is all news to me
In a Japanese newspaper promoting Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, it briefly touched on Anguirus and Rodan (since they "appear" in the movie), and made mention on how 1955 Anguirus let loose an "ultrasonic roar" that was strong enough to damage Osaka Castle.

Scene in question:
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Yeah, that scene.

Wonder how the Yog trio would react to something thats so loud, it causes buildings to crumble.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

huh. Weird.

Interesting fact to know, thanks GigaBowser

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:Two more question of adding powers.
To answer those questions:
Spoiler:
I think that would be all right, but is there anything specific he does? Can't say I've read the novelization, but I heard about that, too.

Spoilers. :lol: But to answer your question, the human host can be anyone. The only deal is that the Titans in question HAVE to stay the same in terms of general appearance. So there could be a female character inside Armored or Rogue Titan for all we care, just as long as the Titan forms are still masculine.
Last edited by KaijuX on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
Spoiler:
I think that would be all right, but is there anything specific he does? Can't say I've read the novelization, but I heard about that, too.

Spoilers. :lol: But to answer your question, the human host can be anyone. The only deal is that the Titans in question HAVE to stay the same in terms of general appearance. So there could be a female character inside Armored or Rogue Titan for all we care, just as long as the Titan forms are still masculine.
Spoiler:
I mean, think about it. Being a slow ass Kaiju, right up close to a volcano, Rodan flies by it, eruption starts. If the explosion of the eruption can’t kill you or catch up to you, then the flowing lava will, unless you’re immune to lava like Kumasogami or Obsidius.

Shit! My bad! :oops:

Huh, anyone can turn into a Titan, I’m okay with this. But if thats the case, does this mean I can have Reiner secretly in this? Not like he shows himself story wise or his name is mentioned, but he’s hinted or the reader could get the idea that it’s him.
Added in 8 minutes 53 seconds:
Also, my lad Raptorcyclone has another question if we’re allowed to have this.

Another AoT related thing that might be a spoiler.
Spoiler:
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

KaijuX wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I fear for how many characters might suddenly become titans now. Though I do think most will keep with the original users of the titans and not just pick someone random like Akane or Haruo. Still an interesting decision to allow anyone to be the host of the titans.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Nagoda wrote:
KaijuX wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I fear for how many characters might suddenly become titans now. Though I do think most will keep with the original users of the titans and not just pick someone random like Akane or Haruo. Still an interesting decision to allow anyone to be the host of the titans.
Spoiler:
Well, at least Haruo could finally have his revenge by turning into a Colossal Titan and snap Godzilla Earth’s neck. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

@Nagoda -
Spoiler:
I agree, I wouldn't want to go willy-nilly with who can be what Titan. Generally try to keep it to the original characters, unless plot calls otherwise.
@soulgodzilla -
Spoiler:
I think it's fine to imply it to be Reiner. Likewise, far as the Colossal Titan nuke goes, that's definitely fine. The movie version had its CT brought in through a series of heartbeat-like explosions when forming, so I just see that an a more extreme version of that. Same applies to a lot of CT's anime powers too, since those are more based on heat and air, which are elements tangible with CT, and not anything too crazy like hardening.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Sweet, I’m definitely ok with this. Maybe, just maybe in the future, I might write a match for those Titans. ;)
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ALL RIGHT EVERYONE, LISTEN UP!... As if all-caps really matters with text. :lol:

We're going to be doing modifications real soon, though it may take a bit to implement them; we will try and get everything updated and situated as soon as humanely possible, though!

First off: HYBRDIZATION. The following monsters are allowed to be written as their alternative counterparts (while mostly a cosmetic change and nothing too crazy, I hope this heeds to the banner makers who've worked diligently trying to find other images for the hard-to-find Millennium counterparts). Don't worry, all powers still apply!
+King Caesar (Showa can be used as a skin)
+Manda (Showa forms can be used as skins; for anyone questioning how Showa Manda can go on fire, I'm personally going to point to this guy, even if it is a video game related source (no fireball attack though, before anyone asks))
+Ebirah (Showa can be used as a skin)

The only thing to note is that these "hybrids" will be given a new designation to indicate both incarnations can be used... Not something I personally agree with, but you gotta roll with what ya got. So if anyone has suggestions, feel free to leave them here and Greyshot and I will decide what's best (assuming we don't come up with one ourselves). Please don't ask "Are Kamacuras or Baragon going to be hybrids?", we went through all the big ones, and the three above are the only ones that'll be approved.

Secondly: THE KORGHAN BEAST HAS ARRIVED! Feel more than free to write matches for Bagorah! And for banner makers, a 3D model has already been made... For a while now. :lol:
https://sta.sh/22fksx4ebal4?edit=1

So hope you guys have fun with the new material. I'm sure there'll be more to come soon. ;)
Last edited by KaijuX on Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

About goddamn time we can use Showa King Caesar, Manda and Ebirah! Would like Showa Kamacuras, but hey, at least things will be easier now we can use the three Showa versions.

Also, hawt diggity! Bagorah is now available!
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

You're welcome.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

SoggyNoodles2016

nah, for real, hybridization is a good decision to make things less rigid in the KWC. I'm also fine with the ones we've got.

Also, can't wait to see what people do with Bagorah.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I imagine banners are gonna be a lot easier to make with those three, heard finding images of there Final Wars counterparts was difficult :)

Also, Bagorah is best bat monster and i'm so doing a match with him!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Rodan vs. Bagorah needs to happen.

Pterosaur vs. Bat. Reptile vs. Mammal. Prehistoric vs. Modern.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Now I have to reread the Dark Horse comic, and I might think about writing C-Rex Vs Bagorah.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MaxosGoji
Young Farmer

Post by MaxosGoji »

I have one huge question. Why in most of Monster X's fight does he not transform into Keizer Ghidorah? Is it because of the number of Ghidorah's we have so far?

SoggyNoodles2016

MaxosGoji wrote:I have one huge question. Why in most of Monster X's fight does he not transform into Keizer Ghidorah? Is it because of the number of Ghidorah's we have so far?
Keizer actually wasn't allowed until like a year ago, so that's why most of the old ones don't have him. As the new ones, not sure. Think it usually comes down to people thinking Keizer isn't necessary or not liking him, or what not.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Very much what SoggyNoodles said, it wasn't until relatively recently (like a year or two ago) that we enabled Keizer Ghidorah for the KWC. That in mind, there are still older matches that were made before that rule was established. Likewise, it's also the writer's choice of whether they want to use Keizer Ghidorah or not.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

One interesting questioning, what would the earlier Monster X matches be like if Keizer Ghidorah wasn’t retired?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....