New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Re: New member introductions!

Postby Darth Kiryu » Wed May 29, 2019 1:23 am

Welcome Gojirahkiin! I just recently watched my last two Godzilla movies myself: G84 and vs Biollante. Though I suppose I could only count KKvG as half a movie as I can't stand the editing on the American DVD release, so I'd like to get my hands on a subbed version that doesn't spam the Creature From the Black Lagoon music in place of the original soundtrack. :roll:

Anyway, have fun!
Click the image to join Kaiju Galaxy 2.0! Along with standard kaiju and tokusatsu discussion, we're a hub for fan creativity!

Gojirahkiin
Young Farmer

Postby Gojirahkiin » Fri May 31, 2019 1:20 pm

The only 2 movies I've never seen are Godzilla Raids Again (never had simultaneous access and time) and the 3rd anime movie (because I couldn't take any more disappointment). Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:23 pm

Gojirahkiin wrote:Hi everyone! I'm Gojirahkiin. On most sites people call me Goji, but my gut tells me that'd just get confusing here. :D I've been a lurker for a very long time: in my first memory of this site there were still only around 10 or so KWC matches.

Anyway, I've been a big Godzilla fan for as long as I can remember, and I've finally decided to join the forums since this is my main stop for all things Godzilla related. I'm also a big fan of the KWC and have been a regular reader for as long as I've been coming here.

Some other tidbits about me include that I've owned 7 dogs over the course of my life, I've seen every Godzilla movie except for 2 of them (albeit mostly the dubbed versions), and I'm prone to writing silly fanfiction, sometimes Godzilla related, and sometimes not.

Great time to join! Welcome to TK!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

MosuraTwin
Ronin

Postby MosuraTwin » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Hello! I've been a fan of King Kong (1933) and Gojira (1954) for many years. I had seen Mosura a long time ago, but have only just started watching the films in order. Recently I watched Kingu Kongu tai Gojira, Mosura tai Gojira and Kingu Gidora. I have also seen the two most recent Hollywood films. It will be wonderful to talk with other Kaiju fans while exploring this large filmography!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Zarm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:31 am

Welcome, MosuraTwin! I hope you really enjoy your journey through the films!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:

Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:34 am

MosuraTwin wrote:Hello! I've been a fan of King Kong (1933) and Gojira (1954) for many years. I had seen Mosura a long time ago, but have only just started watching the films in order. Recently I watched Kingu Kongu tai Gojira, Mosura tai Gojira and Kingu Gidora. I have also seen the two most recent Hollywood films. It will be wonderful to talk with other Kaiju fans while exploring this large filmography!

Welcome! It's always cool seeing new (or newish, in your case) just starting to explore this huge genre for the first time, when most of us here have long since seen them all and become entrenched in our opinions. Looking forward to seeing your fresh first impressions as you go along!

MosuraTwin
Ronin

Postby MosuraTwin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:31 am

JAGzilla wrote:
MosuraTwin wrote:Hello! I've been a fan of King Kong (1933) and Gojira (1954) for many years. I had seen Mosura a long time ago, but have only just started watching the films in order. Recently I watched Kingu Kongu tai Gojira, Mosura tai Gojira and Kingu Gidora. I have also seen the two most recent Hollywood films. It will be wonderful to talk with other Kaiju fans while exploring this large filmography!

Welcome! It's always cool seeing new (or newish, in your case) just starting to explore this huge genre for the first time, when most of us here have long since seen them all and become entrenched in our opinions. Looking forward to seeing your fresh first impressions as you go along!

Thank you! Kaiju Daisenso is next.

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:52 pm

To the newcomers

Accept the good.......but prepare for the worst.

Take this....*wooden opinion sword*

It's dangerous to go out into TK alone.
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

ljacone
Ronin

Postby ljacone » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:48 am

Hello everyone! My name is ljacone, I have been a Godzilla and giant monster fan for about 35 years, ever since I saw Godzilla, King of the Monsters on VHS when I was 4. Giant monsters have been my favorite pop culture fandom for that entire time, and I do not foresee that changing any time soon. Looking forward to discussing daikaiju with everyone.

I also produce a daikaiju podcast, Earth Destruction Directive, which can be found at http://twotruefreaks.com/shows.php?show=9 . The link is in my signature as well.

Thanks, and Keep 'em stompin'!
Keep 'em stompin'!

Please check out my daikaiju podcast Earth Destruction Directive!

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Postby MikeSTZillak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:55 am

Hello there!

Resized Image

#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:55 am

ljacone wrote:Hello everyone! My name is ljacone, I have been a Godzilla and giant monster fan for about 35 years, ever since I saw Godzilla, King of the Monsters on VHS when I was 4. Giant monsters have been my favorite pop culture fandom for that entire time, and I do not foresee that changing any time soon. Looking forward to discussing daikaiju with everyone.

I also produce a daikaiju podcast, Earth Destruction Directive, which can be found at http://twotruefreaks.com/shows.php?show=9 . The link is in my signature as well.

Welcome! i'll be around to check your podcast eventually. It's always nice seeing new faces :)

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am

ljacone wrote:Hello everyone! My name is ljacone, I have been a Godzilla and giant monster fan for about 35 years, ever since I saw Godzilla, King of the Monsters on VHS when I was 4. Giant monsters have been my favorite pop culture fandom for that entire time, and I do not foresee that changing any time soon. Looking forward to discussing daikaiju with everyone.

Welcome! Always nice to get new people :)

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Ultragodzillafan
Ronin

Postby Ultragodzillafan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:10 pm

Been browsing this site and reading the K.W.C for years, so I figured it’s about time I register.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Postby MikeSTZillak » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:15 pm

Ultragodzillafan wrote:Been browsing this site and reading the K.W.C for years, so I figured it’s about time I register.

Welcome! :)

Resized Image

#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Defeat is No Option
Young Farmer

Postby Defeat is No Option » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:46 pm

Afternoon! So I've been a member here for a few months, but to be honest, I've struggled with the thought of investing my time in a forum, because I love conversations, and I know it can really consume your time if it's not well-managed. However, work has been slow lately, so I figured why not at least introduce myself and poke my head around here and there.

That said, I've been a Godzilla fan for nearly 25 years now. It ebbed and flowed for a while, but thanks to my son, the passion has been reignited, and I haven't looked back since. I actually started up a blog series last fall, combining my love for kaiju eiga with theology and biblical studies. Haven't had a lot of luck with garnering traffic (not really the most popular topic), but who knows. Maybe someone here might enjoy it.

http://thekaijuapostle.com
My blog: https://thekaijuapostle.com
Where Godzilla and theology meet
Not as good of a combination as peanut butter and jelly...but it's palatable!

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:13 pm

Defeat is No Option wrote:Afternoon! So I've been a member here for a few months, but to be honest, I've struggled with the thought of investing my time in a forum, because I love conversations, and I know it can really consume your time if it's not well-managed. However, work has been slow lately, so I figured why not at least introduce myself and poke my head around here and there.

That said, I've been a Godzilla fan for nearly 25 years now. It ebbed and flowed for a while, but thanks to my son, the passion has been reignited, and I haven't looked back since. I actually started up a blog series last fall, combining my love for kaiju eiga with theology and biblical studies. Haven't had a lot of luck with garnering traffic (not really the most popular topic), but who knows. Maybe someone here might enjoy it.

i'll try to get around to your series eventually, and welcome to the forum!

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:27 am

Defeat is No Option wrote:Afternoon! So I've been a member here for a few months, but to be honest, I've struggled with the thought of investing my time in a forum, because I love conversations, and I know it can really consume your time if it's not well-managed. However, work has been slow lately, so I figured why not at least introduce myself and poke my head around here and there.

Welcome! Love the username and icon. Will have to give your blog a read!

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Defeat is No Option
Young Farmer

Postby Defeat is No Option » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:25 am

tyrantgoji wrote:

i'll try to get around to your series eventually, and welcome to the forum!

Thank you! It's been slow at work lately, so I may have some time after all...

Added in 43 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:

Welcome! Love the username and icon. Will have to give your blog a read!

Thank you! I had to throw in some Homestar Runner into the mix. It's weird to say a Flash cartoon helped make me the person I am now but...oh well.
My blog: https://thekaijuapostle.com
Where Godzilla and theology meet
Not as good of a combination as peanut butter and jelly...but it's palatable!

Kerwell
Ronin

Postby Kerwell » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:01 am

Been lurking here for awhile, So hello!

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:13 am

Kerwell wrote:Been lurking here for awhile, So hello!

hola! welcome to TK.

#MinillaForSmash2019

Return to “General Discussion”