NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Re: NECA Godzilla Discussion Thread - 2nd Edition

Post by KingKong2005 »

I was scared for a hot minute dude! Thought the SHMA KOTM King Ghidorah released and I missed OUT!!! Phew :lol:
Image Image

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

DirektorSplennic wrote:
THECRAZEBLING wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:The hell is that behind her? A KOTM King Ghidorah figure???
Probably the Jakks Pacific one.
Looks like the MMS one. It's got those thicc wings.
Correct, it’s my repainted MMS Ghidorah.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GFAN198423 wrote:Touched up Mothra, added some white around her eyes, made her antennae brown, put some brown highlights on her leg joints and shoulders.

Looks a ton better! Definitely going to do the same.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

NateZilla10000
Monsterland Worker

Post by NateZilla10000 »

KingKong2005 wrote: So I think this shows that it's not a matter of licensing, rather the fact that they just do not want to or literally cannot produce figures of the Mutos, most likely due to their size and how many limbs they have.
*points at Mothra*

I mean the Male MUTO would essentially be the exact same size as Mothra with pretty much the same articulation, minus the two smaller wings.

As for the Female MUTO, her legs would be a bit tricky I admit, but I doubt it's nothing a couple ball joints or even swivel hinges cant handle.
Last edited by NateZilla10000 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Actually the male MUTO would be taller. He's around 45 meters I recall. Mothra is 15 meters tall.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Has anyone had a Mothra sighting or purchased one at Target? Haven't seen any at the few stores I checked in NJ.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

my Mothra came in today. She's really nice looking and displays very well, the stand really makes her look great flying behind Goji.

her body is very tiny, which I knew it would be, but still seeing it in person was surprising. Her head is like the size of a BB or something, it's very small. But the wings are pretty large and they're well painted. She really does look very nice as a display piece.

All my other Mothra figures are Bandai vinyls so it's nice to finally have a "nice" Mothra in the collection.

DrPhilizSick@sHell98
Monarch Researcher

Post by DrPhilizSick@sHell98 »

Has anyone seen the 56 poster godzilla photoshoot on toyark? That figure is just action figure perfection. I can't wait to snag that and the kotm rodan up. Since neca isn't doing a kg, i traded in most of my horror figures of theirs and had my local comic shop order the shma kg. Gonna have that monster alongside my shma g19, neca mothra and neca rodan, while my neca g19 is with my other neca godzillas, lined up from oldest to most recent.

Dino4ex
Samurai

Post by Dino4ex »

DrPhilizSick@sHell98 wrote:That figure is just action figure perfection.
I really dig the colors.
Giant Carnivorous Ants

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

According to tycerium's review, the G65 still has a bendy wire tail which is super disappointing.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

That sucks

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

It's a repaint of 54, so I'm not sure why the bendy wire is a surprise. But I notice no one is commenting on the backdrop they've given it. It's *very* different than the one advertised, and ToyArks review showed his mouth unpainted.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

rob559
GPN Volunteer

Post by rob559 »

Maritonic wrote:It's a repaint of 54, so I'm not sure why the bendy wire is a surprise. But I notice no one is commenting on the backdrop they've given it. It's *very* different than the one advertised, and ToyArks review showed his mouth unpainted.
Yes, I noticed that as well. All the previews that Neca had shown made it look like the complete movie poster, with the Movie title printed on the backdrop included. Now the background is just sky.
I still can't find Mothra at any Target near me. Patience, .... Patience

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Maritonic wrote:It's a repaint of 54, so I'm not sure why the bendy wire is a surprise. But I notice no one is commenting on the backdrop they've given it. It's *very* different than the one advertised, and ToyArks review showed his mouth unpainted.
It's a surprise given that a few pages ago we have NECA on Instagram saying "All Godzilla moving forward will have an articulated tail" in response to the question of "Does G56 have a segmented tail?"

The change of backdrop is really strange, and it's kinda crappy that you can't recreate the entirety of the poster as a result. That being said the backdrop is still a neat touch.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Fermix wrote:
It's a surprise given that a few pages ago we have NECA on Instagram saying "All Godzilla moving forward will have an articulated tail" in response to the question of "Does G56 have a segmented tail?"

The change of backdrop is really strange, and it's kinda crappy that you can't recreate the entirety of the poster as a result. That being said the backdrop is still a neat touch.
I'm not surprised with anything crappy NECA is doing at this point. They've dropped the ball in some form with basically every release since Atomic Shin ('62 being the exception) so, I'm not surprised.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

yeah just saw Heisenbergs review.

that really sucks about the tail since they said it wasn't going to be a bendy one, and the poster recreation is completely pointless without the text that actually recreates the poster.

another bait and switch. I'm going to cancel one of my pre-orders. (I ordered two of them)

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

When did they said the tail wasn't going to be a bendy one? I don't recall ever hearing them state that.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:When did they said the tail wasn't going to be a bendy one? I don't recall ever hearing them state that.
Three posts up, dude.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:When did they said the tail wasn't going to be a bendy one? I don't recall ever hearing them state that.
don't remember seeing it either, but considering one of the retools they did to the 2014 sculpt for 2019 was getting rid of the bendy tail, a lot of people probably assumed they were.

Added in 43 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Three posts up, dude.
oh.

RIP Evan.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

someone posted the (instagram? twitter?) screen cap in this thread pages ago where someone asked them if the 1956 would have a bendy wire tail and they said all the Godzillas now coming out have articulated tails.

So it was assumed based on that that there were no more wire tails coming out.

They rescupted and reshaped the lower jaw to hold the flame effect (it now has an underbite), so it's easy to think they added a couple segments to the tail to replace the crap wire/rubber one, but I guess they didn't.

Bummer, I'd bought two to keep one on the shelf with the others and to have the other one to go with my framed 56 poster reprint on display as 'the poster in 3d', but since they changed the backdrop to not actually be the poster I canceled the order for that one. Can't imagine why they changed it to not have the text.

I'm still looking forward to it, (and atomic 2019, and Rodan), but I'm bummed out that my Poster Display isn't going to be happening now.
Last edited by Ultra_Henshin_Fan on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:08 am, edited 5 times in total.