The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by MoarCrossovers »

When then we wouldn't have two Godzilla vs. Godzilla matches, would we?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Aye, that's the biggest drawback of having multiple monsters rolled into one. While I personally don't mind it at all, as it prevents additional clutter, you can't really pit one Godzilla or Mothra against another if they were all combined.

That said, there's always the fan fic section if you want to just let loose with no rules applied. But I also think working within a restrictive ruleset allows some authors to be creative (regardless if leeway is applied or not).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

So with no TV monsters, this means that Komodithrax, King Cobra and El Gusano can’t get in?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

soulgodzilla wrote:So with no TV monsters, this means that Komodithrax, King Cobra and El Gusano can’t get in?
i thought he just meant no more Ultraman monsters. But yeah that should be clarified.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:So with no TV monsters, this means that Komodithrax, King Cobra and El Gusano can’t get in?
i thought he just meant no more Ultraman monsters. But yeah that should be clarified.
And as someone whos more on edge of a Ultraman fan, I’m disappointed. But it also sucks that we cant get anymore Godzilla The series Kaijus. Which I feel that Komodithrax and King Cobra should get in, then we can say no more Kaijus from that show.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Correct. No more TV monsters is very much in its broadest sense. Tokusatsu, animated, just in general.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:Correct. No more TV monsters is very much in its broadest sense. Tokusatsu, animated, just in general.
Will comic/manga get the same treatment? Because if anyone in those books deserves to be in the KWC, it would be Bagorah.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Comic book monsters will still be added, as there are more recognizable ones among them than their TV compatriots (plus, the KWC Survey poll held a while back indicates that people want to see more comic kaiju and scrapped monsters, given that Ghost Godzilla and ROE Godzilla were the only other runner ups to Shin Godzilla). That said, I feel Bagorah would be the only other comic monster worth adding, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high for any other comic book additions (besides the Trilopods and MUTO Prime).

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:Comic book monsters will still be added, as there are more recognizable ones among them than their TV compatriots (plus, the KWC Survey poll held a while back indicates that people want to see more comic kaiju and scrapped monsters, given that Ghost Godzilla and ROE Godzilla were the only other runner ups to Shin Godzilla). That said, I feel Bagorah would be the only other comic monster worth adding, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high for any other comic book additions (besides the Trilopods and MUTO Prime).
I would argue that the Ultra Kaijus are more recognizable then the comics, (well, at least the ones that make reappearances in the modern shows) but alright.

So just one comic monster, just one...

Well, at least it’s something thats worth adding in.

Added in 1 day 16 hours 40 minutes 1 second:
Say, is Kaishin Muba still getting in?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

why wouldn't he?

hes not a TV or Ultra monster.

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:why wouldn't he?

hes not a TV or Ultra monster.
Yeah, just questioning due to his obscurity and his lack of good pictures (aside from the ones from Dopepope and the bandai figure) due to the rain.

I blame Kygore for this.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Has anyone actually written any Kaishin Muba matches? That would probably help.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I think I have one or two, but I'd have to double check on that. Either that, or I'm thinking of the banners... not sure. :lol:

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:I think I have one or two, but I'd have to double check on that. Either that, or I'm thinking of the banners... not sure. :lol:
One of them is mine and I did made the banner for it, should be a nice debut match for Kaishin Muba.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Birdman wrote:Has anyone actually written any Kaishin Muba matches? That would probably help.
I wrote one, but that won't be up on the K.W.C. until at least next year. :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Dagahra vs. Kaishin Muba just has lot of potential as an continuation to #238.

I just love the idea as a result of Dagahra's reign and rule over the seas this causes Kaishin Muba to awaken enraged at the false god for taking what is his title and fights him to take back what is his.

Seriously someone do that match.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I think aside from the three MV monsters and Kaishin Muba, the ones that are left that are like guaranteed additions are Armored Titan, Shin Godzilla (should have been Ghost or GMK) and Bagorah.

Oh, and this.
Spoiler:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w12GCZoSauI

Hope Unit 01 makes an appearance or cameo in this.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

soulgodzilla wrote:I think aside from the three MV monsters and Kaishin Muba, the ones that are left that are like guaranteed additions are Armored Titan, Shin Godzilla (should have been Ghost or GMK) and Bagorah.

Oh, and this.
Spoiler:

did you forget about Millennium Mothra that quick?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:I think aside from the three MV monsters and Kaishin Muba, the ones that are left that are like guaranteed additions are Armored Titan, Shin Godzilla (should have been Ghost or GMK) and Bagorah.

Oh, and this.
Spoiler:

did you forget about Millennium Mothra that quick?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNt_I-pJodg
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

soulgodzilla wrote:Armored Titan
Hurrah to another generic giant naked human... :roll: