Spoiler. If Godzilla and Ghidorah killed each other, then who would be the new Alpha Titan?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Spoiler. If Godzilla and Ghidorah killed each other, then who would be the new Alpha Titan?

Post by Rhedosaurus »

In the movie and the novelization.
Spoiler:
Godzilla finally defeats Ghidorah
to reclaim his spot as the top Titan.

But let's say they both died. Who would be the new Alpha?

Since Rodan
Spoiler:
was Ghidorah's right hand man
would he be the new alpha? What about Behemoth, since he's so big, would he be the leader? Would the other titans fight it out to determine it? Would they go their own paths and wonder around not needing one? Would they just call it a day, go back home, and sleep?

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Spoiler. If Godzilla and Ghidorah killed each other, then who would be the new Alpha Titan?

Post by Gigantis »

Kong. well, if he learns about the other titans and figures that they need a leader then yeah.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Re: Spoiler. If Godzilla and Ghidorah killed each other, then who would be the new Alpha Titan?

Post by GuardianGhido »

tyrantgoji wrote:Kong. well, if he learns about the other titans and figures that they need a leader then yeah.
Or Mothra, she seems to be on that level too, just not given enough focus as a potential leader/main character. (She resisted Ghidorah's call and could possibly lead other monsters)
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GuardianGhido wrote:Or Mothra, she seems to be on that level too, just not given enough focus as a potential leader/main character. (She resisted Ghidorah's call and could possibly lead other monsters)
She was already billed as "Queen of the Monsters", so yeah imagine if Godzilla and Ghidorah are gone she would be the rightful heir to alpha status.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Yeah Kong's not really interested being the alpha worldwide just Skull Island and I'm not entirely convinced that Mothra could outright challenge the others without Godzilla so my guess would be Rodan or maybe a pack of surviving Mutos
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Yeah Kong's not really interested being the alpha worldwide just Skull Island and I'm not entirely convinced that Mothra could outright challenge the others without Godzilla so my guess would be Rodan or maybe a pack of surviving Mutos
Mothra already beat Rodan on her own (Rodan had the advantage of surprise too) and was about to gang up on King Ghidorah with Godzilla so I think she'd try to become ruler and most likely succeed. (maybe taking down Rodan to prove her dominance?) She'd probably only accept Godzilla's rule (my headcanon is that they rule together as co-alphas being King and Queen) and challenge any others who try to take the Throne.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Mothra would take charge.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

GuardianGhido wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:Yeah Kong's not really interested being the alpha worldwide just Skull Island and I'm not entirely convinced that Mothra could outright challenge the others without Godzilla so my guess would be Rodan or maybe a pack of surviving Mutos
Mothra already beat Rodan on her own (Rodan had the advantage of surprise too) and was about to gang up on King Ghidorah with Godzilla so I think she'd try to become ruler and most likely succeed. (maybe taking down Rodan to prove her dominance?) She'd probably only accept Godzilla's rule (my headcanon is that they rule together as co-alphas being King and Queen) and challenge any others who try to take the Throne.
Mothra won the fight against Rodan by a surprise tactic but clearly Rodan was winning the majority of the the fight anyway. Rodan did more damage to her than she did to him
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I guess the Royal Ladder is

Godzilla>Ghidorah>Mothra>Rodan>Any other creature

Kong would probably be before or after Rodan if he had any interest in leaving Skull Island

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I'd like to say Mothra but every incarnation of "the Queen of the Monsters" has ended up dying with the exception of Mothra Leo. can we actually see her kick ass and not fucking die for once?
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mothra has little to no durability, that's not an Alpha. Unless you count her wits, but that'll only get her so far when she has to "control" a mass of other Titans. She'd be wiped out by like half of the roster, and she's too small to be a major threat to prove her dominance.

She's basically Godzilla's accessory, the "symbiotic bond" is equal to the little bird that picks the alligators teeth.

Rodan is a weird case, since he went head on into Ghidorah showing full control of himself, got his ass whooped, and then lost all of his self-confidence, obeying to who ever "won". That's not what an Alpha does.

Kong never backs down, if he loses, he gets back up and goes at it again. He would be the new "Alpha Titan", he has the agility, strength, mass and overall intelligence to keep all other titans in check peacefully.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I’d say Mothra withstanding Rodan’s 1200 degree radiating flesh without bursting into flames nets her some decent durability. But, that’s another conversation for another FM match.

OT: Kong as we currently know him wouldn’t be the new alpha, simply because he doesn’t care about being such. Kong’s primary goal is keeping his immediate kingdom of Skull Island in check, and murdering SkullCrawlers. That only leaves Mothra to carry the weight of such newfound responsibility if Godzilla ever died.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

This. I've read the novelization (I admit this is s bit different then the movie, but because my local theater didn't have the movie and the others were too far away, I had to make do somehow) and Kong just strikes me of being too much of an isolationist. The only reason why he's going to be involved is if the leaks about
Spoiler:
The Titans coming into his home
wind up get proven true.

And it's going to be hard for Mothra to be in charge considering how Ghidorah gave her the "Ol' Sparky treatment".

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Obviously Behemoth
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

GojiDog wrote:Obviously Behemoth
This guy gets it.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Methusaleh.

He's the biggest. He's the most ancient.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

On the subject of Mothra, sure she might have the durability of cardboard but she also has infinite extra lives, so she can just keep trying again, and again, and again until she inevitably succeds all possible fights and takes over as Queen. I'm sure she's dedicated enough to never give up and that eventually she'd learn enough about every opponent to dispose of them by herself.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

GuardianGhido wrote:On the subject of Mothra, sure she might have the durability of cardboard but she also has infinite extra lives, so she can just keep trying again, and again, and again until she inevitably succeds all possible fights and takes over as Queen. I'm sure she's dedicated enough to never give up and that eventually she'd learn enough about every opponent to dispose of them by herself.
But wouldn't some of the titans try to find and destroy the eggs?

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
GuardianGhido wrote:On the subject of Mothra, sure she might have the durability of cardboard but she also has infinite extra lives, so she can just keep trying again, and again, and again until she inevitably succeds all possible fights and takes over as Queen. I'm sure she's dedicated enough to never give up and that eventually she'd learn enough about every opponent to dispose of them by herself.
But wouldn't some of the titans try to find and destroy the eggs?
They don't seem smart enough. If Ghidorah didn't think of this I doubt any of the dumber ones would. (Kong wouldn't be bothered)