Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Andrew the Gojifan wrote:Spinoff RPG taking place 10000 years ago pls?
As long as no comment is made on where the kaiju actually came from, and we just open with them being around? That could honestly work, and I probably wouldn’t have to supervise any of it.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

All right, I'll shoot for getting a Kronos post up in the morning.

And that is tempting, Andrew... but I don't know. If there's even a chance we can finish the main game, I don't want to blow out most of our interesting kaiju interaction in a spinoff. But that is a small chance, most likely, since we're probably talking about a wait of years. Hm. This would be an ideal way to potentially utilize some ideas I was never going to get to in the main game...

What does everyone else think?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Sorry about not replying sooner, but I also would like to finish The Battle of The 49th before the hiatus sets in again if possible.
I've been busy obtaining my Drivers license, among other things & I might get busier with job searching on the horizon.

But for now I still have plenty of free time, so I'll continue Ignus's part of the battle if and when Canuck is ready, Ignus was in the middle of punching Tyrosus, so Tyrosus needs to respond.

Alternatively, If it makes things a bit easier, I could just have Ignus change his mind at the last second & break off the engagement, leaving Tyrosus to meet up with Tekuta & the others.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I dunno, on one hand it’s an interesting idea to base an RP that would majorly be focused on nothing but Kaiju, and could introduce the idea of early humanities’s first interactions with these creatures.

On the flip side, I feel like we’d have to create a new cast of Kaiju on top of the old ones, as to not spoil or middle up any potential first interactions that our guys would have in the main story. I think that until the main RP possibly comes back, we’re ready and willing to take it on again, and see the full scope of where the story of Emergence goes... A spin-off prequel should wait a bit.

Unless, of course, it’s done in a similar fashion to Gorilla Whale, where it would be loosely based off of Emergence, but essentially be it’s own thing and forgo the main story beats of Invasion.

#BotM

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Well, that was a bit darker than I intended.

Boom. The Kaiju Terminator is on the scene.

"So basically... run."
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well, there it is. Ladies and gentlemen, Kronos has left the building. It's been a while since I've had a significant character die in an RPG; I'd forgotten how final it feels. :lol: But it had to be done. The villain had to get what was coming to him, and the Terminator had to terminate. I hope we get a chance to see where Asyrax's story will take him, someday.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I'd be up for a spin-off.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

The Battle of The 49th is pretty much at an end, an anticlimactic one, but it was an interesting fight for sure.
While a spin-off sounds intriguing I do hope we can continue & eventually finish Kaiju Invasion before starting a prequel or spin-off.

I'm not sure if it's a proper hiatus just yet, but if it is & it ends up killing the game, then it's been a cool experience seeing the talented writing everyone has put into this.
If it doesn't and the game picks back up at some point, then I look forward to the story of Ignus Lung & company continuing at some point.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think we've pretty much wrapped up- the only thing remaining until hiatus would be a conclusion of any business at the lake.

Although it is unfortunate that the ongoing Council deliberations have just broken down into an apparent mass of confusion that will last for at least a day. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

With Tyrosus sidelined for now, I figure there's no reason not to wrap up the rest of the Battle of the 49th's unfinished business. I don't imagine Tekuta and Sangrazotz were planning to carry Hanjiru very far, and Ignus can catch up to them in a matter of seconds, so that would've been sort of an awkward place to leave off before a (now theoretical) timeskip.

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

So, now we just have the Marianas Island stuff to finish before concluding this season of Emergence
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Could we potentially end off after the time skip? Now that the battle of the 49th is effectively finished, albeit in a more anticlimactic way than expected, we could finish up the Strategy room stuff (unless I’m severely forgetting any of Canuck’s characters that are involved), and skip to later in the night? A “conversation” between Hanjiru, Ignus, Tekuta, and bat boy would be very interesting and absolutely eye opening/shocking for the latter three.

Plus, I’ve got an, at least in my opinion, very effective and unsettling post regarding Amelia that I would love to post before we lay Emergence to bed for a little bit.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I think we were planning to make this timeskip fairly long (8-12 hours), but I guess we could shorten it down to 2 or 3? We'll be able to update a few things, at least.

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

IMO, I think we seem to split the timeskip in 2
Season 1 epilogue 2-3 hours later and immediately after those posts hiatus
Then when we're ready 10-ish hour time skip to start off season 2
I'm now referring to emergence in seasons good lord :lol:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Don’t you know? Emergence is an HBO/Starz original series with a budget bigger than even that of GoT.

And much better writing to boot.

#BotM

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Just goes to show:
Don't crowdfund, crowdsource