Godzilla Having a Mate

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla Having a Mate

Post by Terasawa »

LegendZilla wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Did I say dating as the way we humans do it?
No, but it's not a matter of how it happens. I'm not at all interested in a story that involves Godzilla "finding love."
To clarify I am referring to a more naturalistic and animal-like manner of courtship.
I understand that and as I said I'm still not interested in it.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Terasawa wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
No, but it's not a matter of how it happens. I'm not at all interested in a story that involves Godzilla "finding love."
To clarify I am referring to a more naturalistic and animal-like manner of courtship.
I understand that and as I said I'm still not interested in it.
If that’s your preference, then so be it.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

goji89 wrote: Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: To clarify I am referring to a more naturalistic and animal-like manner of courtship.
Still. I mean what would be gained from seeing it? Do you want to see him light up his scutes to attract a mate then him biting down on another Gojiras neck and humping it?
just cause he has a mate doesn't mean we have to see it on screen. it could just be alluded to and then made official by it being discovered that the female Godzilla is pregnant.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I’ve always preferred the idea of Godzilla being a bit of a loner myself; the last of his kind and he knows it. Adds a bit of tragedy to the character regardless of his origins. That and like goji89 and Terasawa have said I really don’t have any particular desire to see a movie about Godzilla in love.

Althoughone thing I’ve occasionally seen in fan works that I actually wouldn’t mind being all that much canon is the idea that Godzilla once had a mate and possibly some young as well, but they were killed long ago. In stories where Godzilla is an atomic mutant his mate/family usually dies in the initial nuclear explosion that turned him into a monster; in stories where he’s millions of years old his mate/family is often killed by King Ghidorah in one of his first raids on the planet, and is often used to explain why Godzilla harbors such an intense hatred for Ghidorah.

I don’t know why but the idea that Godzilla is capable of feeling loss and mourning appeals to me far more than any sort of kaiju romance that some users seem to want.
Malchik wrote:#WOKEZILLA 2022
Looks about right lol
With all due respect to Gerd I really can’t see a gay Godzilla working on any level
Last edited by G2000 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I cannot see any reason to give Godzilla a mate other than to freak out the squares, man.

So, if they do it, it better be explicit, acid-tinged pan-and-poly orgy action.
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla being a loner appeals to me more. To challenge him is to court death (Liked that Avengers line).

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

G2000 wrote:I’ve always preferred the idea of Godzilla being a bit of a loner myself; the last of his kind and he knows it. Adds a bit of tragedy to the character regardless of his origins. That and like goji89 and Terasawa have said I really don’t have any particular desire to see a movie about Godzilla in love.

Althoughone thing I’ve occasionally seen in fan works that I actually wouldn’t mind being all that much canon is the idea that Godzilla once had a mate and possibly some young as well, but they were killed long ago. In stories where Godzilla is an atomic mutant his mate/family usually dies in the initial nuclear explosion that turned him into a monster; in stories where he’s millions of years old his mate/family is often killed by King Ghidorah in one of his first raids on the planet, and is often used to explain why Godzilla harbors such an intense hatred for Ghidorah.

I don’t know why but the idea that Godzilla is capable of feeling loss and mourning appeals to me far more than any sort of kaiju romance that some users seem to want.
Malchik wrote:#WOKEZILLA 2022
So you’re in the crowd that feels that him being the last of his kind adds tragedy to his character, unless the mate he finds is not among his kind as I suggested.

Looks about right lol
With all due respect to Gerd I really can’t see a gay Godzilla working on any level

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

LegendZilla wrote:So you’re in the crowd that feels that him being the last of his kind adds tragedy to his character, unless the mate he finds is not among his kind as I suggested.
But that’s just odd
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

G2000 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:So you’re in the crowd that feels that him being the last of his kind adds tragedy to his character, unless the mate he finds is not among his kind as I suggested.
But that’s just odd
Odd is a very polite adjective to use.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Malchik wrote:
G2000 wrote:
But that’s just odd
Odd is a very polite adjective to use.
That's messed up.

Okay this joke got old........

Im calling it guy's.

R.I.P "That's messed up" June 10 2019 at 8:19 p.m

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I`m with Goji and Tersawa. To be clear, its not an anti-gay or prudish thing, or even against shipping, it`s just that I prefer my blend of Godzilla to be something that isn`t easily personable. Giving Godzilla sexuality to me, makes him slightly relatable and also damaging. I make exceptions to late showa era Godzilla just because I watched those films when I was very young.

Heck, depending on my mood, I`m actually usually against him being even animalistic, though I do see and appreciate the fans that like him for that. I like how in the early showa era there`s this sort of undefinable mutant horror surrounding him; that Godzilla, like the nuclear bomb, is not just an animal but an abnormality. Even when Godzilla becomes a hero, other monsters like Biollante and Hedorah replace him in this role. It`s why I love shin so much.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I`m with Goji and Tersawa. To be clear, its not an anti-gay or prudish thing, or even against shipping, it`s just that I prefer my blend of Godzilla to be something that isn`t easily personable. Giving Godzilla sexuality to me, makes him slightly relatable and also damaging. I make exceptions to late showa era Godzilla just because I watched those films when I was very young.
Define personable.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I`m with Goji and Tersawa. To be clear, its not an anti-gay or prudish thing, or even against shipping, it`s just that I prefer my blend of Godzilla to be something that isn`t easily personable. Giving Godzilla sexuality to me, makes him slightly relatable and also damaging. I make exceptions to late showa era Godzilla just because I watched those films when I was very young.
Define personable.
You could effectively reason with Godzilla. Convince him to do or not do something, beyond something like mind control. One of my favorite moments is in the Heisei series where Shindo gets blown back by him. Its an example of people projecting their own emotions onto Godzilla and then he doesn`t care.

Sort of a hypocrite though, but I did love that scene in GTTHM where Godzilla and Rodan reason attacking humans because they`re bullies.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Define personable.
You could effectively reason with Godzilla. Convince him to do or not do something, beyond something like mind control. One of my favorite moments is in the Heisei series where Shindo gets blown back by him. Its an example of people projecting their own emotions onto Godzilla and then he doesn`t care.

Sort of a hypocrite though, but I did love that scene in GTTHM where Godzilla and Rodan reason attacking humans because they`re bullies.
I don’t see how giving a non-human entity sexuality makes them more “personable” as you put it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Define personable.

I don’t see how giving a non-human entity sexuality makes them more “personable” as you put it.
Humans are (mostly) inherently sexual creatures, so it`s not too hard of a jump to leap there since of course (plot twist) I am a human.

As I stated above I also don`t like the idea of Godzilla or other monsters being natural.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: You could effectively reason with Godzilla. Convince him to do or not do something, beyond something like mind control. One of my favorite moments is in the Heisei series where Shindo gets blown back by him. Its an example of people projecting their own emotions onto Godzilla and then he doesn`t care.

Humans are (mostly) inherently sexual creatures, so it`s not too hard of a jump to leap there since of course (plot twist) I am a human.

As I stated above I also don`t like the idea of Godzilla or other monsters being natural.
Still doesn’t mean unnatural things can have origins in actual nature.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Christ you are adamant about this idea.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Malchik wrote:Christ you are adamant about this idea.
People can be passionate about what thoughts come into their head.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Mothra. Nuff said. (Hate it, love it, it exists)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Mothra is sexy and I want her moth tiddies
GO GO GOJI KUN