Godzilla Having a Mate

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LegendZilla
Sazer

Godzilla Having a Mate

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey there people, I know a few of you may be aware that I brought this subject before on another thread, but I have decided to let my little idea become a whole thread in and of itself, because it’s bound to warrant more attention and potentially have a nice long conversation with you guys over. With that being said, what is your ideal scenario in which Godzilla met a female Kaiju in which he eventually mates with?

It’s not like Toho hasn’t experimented with the idea before, after all back in 1956, they brought up the ludicrous concept of a giant robot modeled after a human female in built by a mad scientist in order to seduce Godzilla and back in the early 90’s we had Gojirin of Gojiland. In addition, Godzilla : The Series gave us Komodithrax, if you want to count GINO. Now that we have gone over the history of Godzilla’s girlfriends, allow me to tell you how I would handle a scanario in which the King of the Monsters finds love. Just so you know, this subject would be best suited for a potential Godzilla TV series IMHO, preferably animated, but that’s a subject for another time.

Since history has proven that a potential partner does not nesesarly have to be the same species as him, that’s I the route I prefer to take because I think if she was the same species, it would just get boring. To be specific, I would have an Alien Kaiju who just so happens to be female come to Earth and encounter Godzilla and mate with him in the long run. Said union produces an offspring. Someone else stated that what I’m basically doing with my idea is lifting Erabus from the unmade Godzilla Vs Redmoon off of Toho’s cutting room floor and rework her into being Godzilla’s made instead of Redmoon’s. Not sure if he was criticizing me, but still, it’s an interesting point made.

What is your general stance of Godzilla finding love? Feel free to elaborate my friends. On a side note, go go Godzilla. 8-)
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:31 am, edited 7 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Godzilla Having a Mate

Post by JAGzilla »

Eh... I guess it's not really something I have any desire to see happen, but I wouldn't be totally opposed, either, depending on exactly what route is taken. I would be most interested in said mate being a female of Godzilla's species, both because we've never seen Godzilla interact with an adult of his own kind, which could be interesting, and... well, it makes the most sense, for what that's worth in this genre. I don't think the fandom needs anything as out there and controversial as Godzilla hooking up with an alien, anyway. :lol: That might just be the war that makes us self-destruct.

The real problem with Godzilla being canonically romantically involved with anything female, of course, would be Rule 34. I don't even give a crap about that kind of thing, and I'm still horrified at the thought of the tsunami of weird evil we'd be subjected to.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I'm fine with it, I think it'd be a good subject for a movie at least. Something like an updated Son of Godzilla mixed with Space Godzilla or Destroyah, perhaps, with Godzilla finding a mate, having Baby Godzilla, only for the villain kaiju to kill the mate and kidnap Baby leading to the final fight.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Pkmatrix wrote:I'm fine with it, I think it'd be a good subject for a movie at least. Something like an updated Son of Godzilla mixed with Space Godzilla or Destroyah, perhaps, with Godzilla finding a mate, having Baby Godzilla, only for the villain kaiju to kill the mate and kidnap Baby leading to the final fight.
Or -plot twist!- what if the male Godzilla died and we followed the female for the rest of the series? :shock: God, the politically-motivated howling... I can hear it from here...
Last edited by JAGzilla on Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

JAGzilla wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:I'm fine with it, I think it'd be a good subject for a movie at least. Something like an updated Son of Godzilla mixed with Space Godzilla or Destroyah, perhaps, with Godzilla finding a mate, having Baby Godzilla, only for the villain kaiju to kill the mate and kidnap Baby leading to the final fight.
Or -plot twist!- what if the male Godzilla died and we followed the female for the rest of the series? :shock: God, the politically-motivated howling... I can hear it from here...
Oh, that'd be fun! I'd like that a lot. :D

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

JAGzilla wrote:I don't think the fandom needs anything as out there and controversial as Godzilla hooking up with an alien, anyway. :lol: That might just be the war that makes us self-destruct.
How is it any different from fiction depicting humans hooking up with non-human entities?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i'd be fine with it, but i'd prefer if he got together with one of his own kin. an alien sounds a little to weird.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I’d be all for it, though, as the others said, I’d prefer it to be another member of Godzilla’s species. I don’t think it’d need to be a female though, I’d be just as okay with Godzilla being gay. (Yes, gay animals exist.)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^look I know the overwhelming consensus is to pair Godzilla with another member of the same species, but would it do you any harm to venture outside your comfort zone and further delve into my own idea, or something along the lines of it? I'll admit it, it may sound a bit hokey on paper, but in the end it all comes down to execution.

If Godzilla were to be paired with an alien kaiju, what do you think such a creature would be like? Do you think it should be a re-worked Erebus? What traits and capabilities should she have and why would she come to Earth? I imagine that she would be a space-faring kaiju who feeds of radiation like Godzilla, only she travels from system to system in order to feed off of radiation from emitted from their respective stars. She travels to seek out solar energy would lead her to our solar system and she'll just so happen to stop at Earth on the way, where she will cross paths with Godzilla. The two initially fight like most animals in nature before mating, until they eventually find themselves attracted to each other and then do their business. However, after laying Godzilla's egg, she instinctively leaves Earth, leaving both her mate and unhatched child behind and Godzilla has to raise their offspring on his own for an extended period of time. Eventually they would re-unite though.

Just so you know, I am not trying to force my opinion down your throat. Now that I've elaborated on my scenario, I am more than willing to hear from how you see Godzilla meeting a female member of his species playing out. Feel free to elaborate on your own imagination on the subject. ;)
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Gerdzerl wrote:I’d be all for it, though, as the others said, I’d prefer it to be another member of Godzilla’s species. I don’t think it’d need to be a female though, I’d be just as okay with Godzilla being gay. (Yes, gay animals exist.)
Oof.....Not going near this with a 10ft pole.

He's male. He is the creation from the darkest part of humanity. Why he needs to get it on with anything is beyond my understanding. I just will never be behind this whole shipping thing.

I mean others like it that's fine I just don't want it.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Yeah I’m with goji on this one, I’m not into a movie where Godzilla starts dating. That one Diet Dr. Pepper ad was enough to scratch that itch.
Last edited by Terasawa on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Godzilla is a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Terasawa wrote:Yeah I’m with goji on this one, I’m not into a movie where Godzilla starts dating. That one Diet Dr. Pepper ad was enough to scratch that itch.
Did I say dating as the way we humans do it?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla is a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

goji89 wrote:Godzilla is a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus
Mecha just said that...

anyway, i don't think it's to far fetched that there could be another member of Godzilla's species, said member could be a female. one thing i would kinda like to see is a gap in size, as most of the time in the animal kingdom, females are actually quite larger than males. also i think it would be best if she wasn't killed off early and stuck around for the rest of the series she would be in. as for the alien mate thing... again, it's not impossible. i just think it would be better if Big G got a hookup with one of his own kin, or at least a monster who's not one of his own but still terrestrial. (similar to Zilla Jr and Komodithrax)
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla is a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus
Mecha just said that...
Great minds think alike?

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

Gerdzerl wrote:I’d be all for it, though, as the others said, I’d prefer it to be another member of Godzilla’s species. I don’t think it’d need to be a female though, I’d be just as okay with Godzilla being gay. (Yes, gay animals exist.)
#WOKEZILLA 2022

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LegendZilla wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Yeah I’m with goji on this one, I’m not into a movie where Godzilla starts dating. That one Diet Dr. Pepper ad was enough to scratch that itch.
No, but it's not a matter of how it happens. I'm not at all interested in a story that involves Godzilla "finding love."
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Terasawa wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
No, but it's not a matter of how it happens. I'm not at all interested in a story that involves Godzilla "finding love."
To clarify I am referring to a more naturalistic and animal-like manner of courtship.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Terasawa wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Oh so true. I just cringe at the thought of this in a film. I have no desire to see it play out on the screen.

Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote: To clarify I am referring to a more naturalistic and animal-like manner of courtship.
Still. I mean what would be gained from seeing it? Do you want to see him light up his scutes to attract a mate then him biting down on another Gojiras neck and humping it?