Godzilla Card Game

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Godzilla Card Game

Post by Mr. Yellow »

Bandai is bringing out the giant monsters in the expandable Godzilla Card Game, featuring the company’s new Chrono Clash system, which will release in September.

The Godzilla Card Game will feature many of the most popular giant monsters from the classic movies, including Godzilla himself, of course, as well as Mothra, Rodan, King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, Jet-Jaguar, and more, as imagined in the original movies. The monsters are, naturally enough, poised to do battle for supremacy.
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/433 ... um=twitter

Last edited by Mr. Yellow on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Godzilla Card Game

Post by GigaBowserG »

Looks super cool. Haven't been a big card game person since middle/high school, but this sounds pretty fun. The card art... It looks like some were pulled from the Battle Spirits game. Recognized the SpaceGodzilla one immediately.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Exciting to see Bandai put out stuff like this for a global audience.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Just saw this. I hope we see other Mothras since not a fan of Heisei Mothra. Happy to see Jet Jaguar though!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Just saw this. I hope we see other Mothras since not a fan of Heisei Mothra. Happy to see Jet Jaguar though!
Showa Mothra's on the box art, so I think it's safe to assume she's in there. Strangely, the cover doesn't show Millennium monsters, but at least the trailer introduced Rodan 2004.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Bandai’s Godzilla TGC

Post by TyrantGojira »

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/7FDOjYFe45w[/YouTube]

Can’t say I’ve seen this coming. So, thoughts, hopes, fears?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Looking forward to this! :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Nice. I wonder how obscure they’ll go. Here’s hoping for a giant condor expansion.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, if that new mobile game can have a ton of obscure ones... Surely this one can too.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MM Raids Again wrote:Well, if that new mobile game can have a ton of obscure ones... Surely this one can too.
Yeah but that mobile game is trash and needed to have enough monsters to fill out an endless pay cycle.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Well, if that new mobile game can have a ton of obscure ones... Surely this one can too.
Yeah but that mobile game is trash and needed to have enough monsters to fill out an endless pay cycle.
True enough.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?