Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I came back from seeing it again. Better the second time. I look forward to picking it up on Blu-Ray when it comes out and await Godzilla vs. Kong. If that must be the final film in the MonsterVerse then so be it. At least it would of had a good run and sometimes its for the better because as they would say quality over quantity. ;)

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:I came back from seeing it again. Better the second time. I look forward to picking it up on Blu-Ray when it comes out and await Godzilla vs. Kong. If that must be the final film in the MonsterVerse then so be it. At least it would of had a good run and sometimes its for the better because as they would say quality over quantity. ;)
You can preorder KOTM rn on Amazon lol, I already pre-ordered the 4K version.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Smuggers wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:and then proceed to say something ridiculous like, “Godzilla movies have never had food stories”
About time Godzilla tackled a more modern issue like obesity, would be appropriate considering he's been down that road himself.
Imagine all the cries that legendary is made of a bunch of SJW’s if they decided to tackle obesity. Jesus, I’m good to avoid that.

Added in 52 seconds:
Solaris667 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:I initially thought that too, because I saw some pretty ridiculous reviews. But the fact that these dudes jump on anyone who doesn’t agree that this is somehow the perfect movie, and then proceed to say something ridiculous like, “Godzilla movies have never had food stories,” just makes me roll my eyes, and wonder if any of these folks have actually sat down and watched these films.
Oh yeah the ones acting like a Godzilla story can't be as good as Citizen Kane is eye roll worthy, I agree. But I am glad people are willing to defend the film itself.
Godzilla has shown, time and time again, that you can tell amazing stories with giant creatures.
So what we ought to do is ask that Legendary do better.
100%. It wasn’t bad enough to distract me from the spectacle of the fights, but it was still pretty lackluster.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:Found a pretty wicked Fan Poster

Good god! Link and name?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Found a pretty wicked Fan Poster

Good god! Link and name?
Ikr! https://twitter.com/LazareGvimradze/sta ... 6841916416
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Any mention of an Oxygen Destroyer or use of it in these flicks is gonna pale in comparison to the original, as it's inherently stripped of it's thematic importance without the original characters and story. I have no hopes it's gonna amount to much besides "hey remember fiddy fo! the oxygen destroyer?! serizawa?! the only weapon that can kill a kayjoo!!"

In other words, this is fucking stupid if it has anything to do with the flicks and the universe shtick.
Knew it
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Any mention of an Oxygen Destroyer or use of it in these flicks is gonna pale in comparison to the original, as it's inherently stripped of it's thematic importance without the original characters and story. I have no hopes it's gonna amount to much besides "hey remember fiddy fo! the oxygen destroyer?! serizawa?! the only weapon that can kill a kayjoo!!"

In other words, this is skreeonking stupid if it has anything to do with the flicks and the universe shtick.
Knew it
Based, with good reason to be.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I wasn't completely wrong about all of the kaiju surviving the movie.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

This thread has gone through lots: whether that is jokes, irrational comments, doom and gloom, optimism, hype, countdowns etc. RIP thread.
Long Live The King

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Hokmuto wrote:This thread has gone through lots: whether that is jokes, irrational comments, doom and gloom, optimism, hype, countdowns etc. RIP thread.
And TK can do it over and over again since more Godzilla films are to come in the near future. One of nature's most beautiful cycles

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think now’s the time to kiss this thread goodbye.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Long live this thread
Long Live The King

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

We should preserve this thread like the MUTO head.

Wouldn't it be cool in a Godzilla game to have the achievements screen be Monarch bases/storehouses like Castle Bravo base where spoils of victories or other unique items are kept as Achievements? For example MUTO's head for killing the MUTO duo, A broken Mothra egg for unlocking Mothra etc.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Hokmuto wrote:Long live this thread
We had good times and bad times but mostly bad and cringe inducing to 1000X.........but I........hate to see it go.

Goodbye old friend..........(pulls out shot gun)

:cry: ......

PEW!!!!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

goji89 wrote:
We had good times and bad times but mostly bad and cringe inducing to 1000X.........but I........hate to see it go.

PEW!!!!
If you were a mod (this needs to happen) you could lock it up!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
goji89 wrote:

PEW!!!!
If you were a mod (this needs to happen) you could lock it up!
Yeah TK needs someone like me

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

LegendZilla wrote:I think now’s the time to kiss this thread goodbye.
C'mon big guy, fight it.
Image Image

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

GuardianGhido wrote:We should preserve this thread like the MUTO head.
It's easy when you're a poet and you know it. :)
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.