Best Scene in KOTM

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What was the best scene in Godzilla: King of The Monsters?

Intro (2014 flashback)
No votes
Larval Mothra Awakens
No votes
Godzilla's Intimdation Display
No votes
Ghidorah's Resurgence
1%
Godzilla vs. Ghidorah 1
4%
Humanity is the Infection speech
1%
Rodan Rising/Fight with the jets
19%
Godzilla vs. Ghidorah 2 (Oxygen Destroyer)
No votes
Long Live The King 1 (Titans awaken)
3%
Imago Mothra awakens
6%
The Hollow Earth
No votes
Serizawa's Sacrifice
21%
Godzilla revived
1%
Godzilla vs Ghidorah 3/Rodan vs. Mothra
16%
Russel family reunited
No votes
Burning Godzilla vs. Ghidorah
16%
Long Live the King 2
10%
Other (please explain in comments)
1%

Total votes: 70

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: Best Scene in KOTM

Post by Hokmuto »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: The corporation?? I guess we'll never see Gamera again then. They don't need one license when they have entire subsidiaries getting them money.
Wait, why don’t you think we’ll see Gamera again?
Idk tbh, I figure a big corporation with multiple smaller companies probably doesn't need a film license that is (maybe?) considered niche to stay afloat.
Eh, I’m not an expert in this at all, but I think Kadokawa was just given the rights by Daiei. It’s not like Daiei was a company that was under the umbrella of Kadokawa. I could be mistaken though.

If Kong was able to be in the Monsterverse given his convoluted rights history, I think Gamera has a chance in that regard
Long Live The King

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: Wait, why don’t you think we’ll see Gamera again?
Idk tbh, I figure a big corporation with multiple smaller companies probably doesn't need a film license that is (maybe?) considered niche to stay afloat.
Eh, I’m not an expert in this at all, but I think Kadokawa was just given the rights by Daiei. It’s not like Daiei was a company that was under the umbrella of Kadokawa. I could be mistaken though.

If Kong was able to be in the Monsterverse given his convoluted rights history, I think Gamera has a chance in that regard
That'd be great. At that point the Monsterverse would be nigh unstoppable :lol: .

New Gamera trilogy/Kong trilogy/Godzilla being the Tony Stark of the Monsterverse.... Ooooo it'd be great.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

There were so many amazing moments, it's hard to pick one. I'd say the ending with Godzilla standing tall while the rest all grovel was about as epic as it gets. The Mothra sacrifice scene was a close second, her crawling on him like "it's ok buddy, I gotchu" was so adorable, then she goes out in a heroic blaze of glory as usual.

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

My favorite isn't a poll choice, but it was the sequence where Mothra webs Ghidorah's heads to the building and while trying to detach itself, he sees Godzilla's reflection in the building, turns around and gets tackled right through the building. That was an amazing scene!
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Serizawa's sacrifice. Oh My God-zilla Serizawa's sacrifice. For all the critics who complaina bout the lack of human elements, did they completely forget about this scene or did they go all CinemaSins and only notice the technical flaws? This scene actually made me cry with a combination of music that sounded like Gojira Under The Sea from 1954, a great character, Godzilla looking at Serizawa like he looked at the human dude in Godzilla vs King Ghidorah and the Japanese Goodbye Old Friend.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Dust Errant
Samurai

Post by Dust Errant »

I voted for Rodan's Rising scene. I admit to being totally biased. Just thing the scene was overall very well done for the most part, was very happy to see Rodan do his thing up until Ghidorah trounces on him.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The credits montage with that Blue Oyster Cult cover was pretty decent
I dug that. Very cool.

I went with Godzilla vs Ghidorah 1, though. I loved their battle in the Antarctic.

Added in 51 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote:The crowning sequence at the end is one of the most well deserved, earned, respectable moments in the ENTIRE franchise.

It WILL be iconic in Godzilla's history, as we can now say going forward that Godzilla has been officially, on film, been crowned his infamous namesake as The King of the Monsters.

It wasn't "fast paced, shoddy camera angled" it was a perfectly balanced moment, that will live on. That perfect Godzilla roar with all the Kaiju beneath him is burned into my brain forever.
I dug this, too.

Jeff-Goldblum2
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum2 »

Burning Godzilla hey.

Now you tell me around Godzilla 2014 release or before that Burning Godzilla would show up in an American Godzilla film I would dismiss as one of those joke comments like Jet Jaguar starring in one or something.

But here we are.

Also I noticed Humanity Infection has zero votes. I'm glad no one is falling for that scene. I love environmentalism as much as the next green minded person but the idea that humans are a disease to the Earth because of the mistakes of corporate greed is a bit of an overly negative view.

Godzillander
Yojimbo

Post by Godzillander »

Jeff-Goldblum2 wrote:I love environmentalism as much as the next green minded person but the idea that humans are a disease to the Earth because of the mistakes of corporate greed is a bit of an overly negative view.

Same here. I think that was the whole point of the scene since everyone else points out how flawed her reasoning is.
Last edited by Godzillander on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I think this is Godzilla's world. We just live in it."
:godzilla:

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Serizawa's sacrifice gets my vote, but there were several contenders for my favorite scene.

I think some of the most suspenseful moments in the film for me were Rodan chasing the Argo and Ghidorah lifting Godzilla.
The shots of Rodan casually destroying the jets & chasing the Argo were awesome, and King Ghidorah lifting Goji high into the air before dropping him was eerie and impressive.

Mothra using her stinger on Rodan was also a small highlight for me.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!