Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey guys, now that most of you have already seen Godzilla King of the Monsters, regardless of whether or not you were satisfied with the final product (I thankfully did enjoy it for the most part),so now it's time to move on with your concerns for the Monsterverse's next entry, that being Godzilla Vs Kong. In my honest opinion, the fact that Adam Wingard, who as we all know directed the now-infamous Netflix adaptation of Death Note, does not bode well combined with the overall reception KOTM has.

What aspects of the actual film itself could potentially ruin it? I imagine the characters making incredibly stupid decisions along with gaping plot holes.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunFelix320
Ronin

Re: Your fears for Godzilla Vs Kong

Post by SunFelix320 »

LegendZilla wrote: now-infamous Netflix adaptation of Death Note
It wasn't that bad though. Direction and cast were mostly fine. It's writing that sucked. Also, wasn't it moderately sucessful? I'm cautiously optimistic about Wingard. He's never done monster action before, maybe that's his hidden talent.
LegendZilla wrote: I imagine the characters making incredibly stupid decisions along with gaping plot holes.
We're past that point.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I’m worried that Adam Wingard will be unable to hold the camera steady.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

That it'll suck.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

i'm sure the most lingering one on people's mind right now is that it's not gonna do well and the MV will be over if that happens

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Rodan King of skies
Ronin

Post by Rodan King of skies »

Rodan is fatally hurt in Godzilla vs Kong
Rodan future matewebmaster in exile in Postavymonsterverse!
https://66.media.tumblr.com/30416f8ad53 ... o1_500.gif
eight times the arrival of Rodan in Postavy.cz
SaraTron II. alive and exile
Lara Croft dead
Hokmuto alive and exile
MegaRatchet dead
Femuto dead
Blue2018 dead
Deidranna dead
Rodan alive a exile
in Postavymonsterverse

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I'm worried that they'll drop the Showa style of plot and kaiju personification.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

If it is very similar to KOTM, I’ll actually be fine with it; but I sort of think it’ll be way better, as both Godzilla and aKong have been properly established as well as the universe they exist in. Contrary to popular belief, I did in fact enjoy KOTM, the only issue is that it teetered on being a trashfire for me. As long as it’s about the same as KOTM things should be fine, though obviously I want it way better
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

I posted about this in another thread but i have a feeling that IF Godzilla was going to win in the script for GvK...they are going to do reshoots to make Kong win based on how badly KOTM performed in comparison to Skull island, since it shows audiences are apparently apathetic to Godzilla but seem to like Kong.

Devilsadvocat631
Ronin

Post by Devilsadvocat631 »

My only fear is that it will get 40% on rotten Tomatoes and audience reject it like they did KoTM. (I saw nothing wrong with KOTM, I loved every second )

I don't want monsterverse to end, I'm happy we are getting Godzilla vs Kong, but yeah, thank God we are still getting it and KOTM has no impact on that.

Film wise fear? If they make Kong win.
Last edited by Devilsadvocat631 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

That it will suffer the same fate KOTM did and spell the end of the Monsteverse. But I suppose would at least be bittersweet if we got a movie just as mind blowingly awesome at the expense of future movies. (Bitter leaning cuz I wanted a solo Mothra movie)
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Pretty simple: doesn’t do good in the box office
Long Live The King

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

That it's shit.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Unlike KotM which proved to be actually good I'm actually relatively concerned about this movie given Adam Wingard's movies like Death Note and Blair Witch has me worried. Like seriously? Of all the potential directors Legendary could have chosen they pick this guy and couldn't had gotten a better director like Matt Reeves?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

LegendZilla wrote:What aspects of the actual film itself could potentially ruin it? I imagine the characters making incredibly stupid decisions along with gaping plot holes.

That, and a comedy relief character as cringe-inducing as Bradley Whitford's.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Don't give a shit if it bombs like KOTM, I just want a good movie out of it
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

jrock
GPN Volunteer

Post by jrock »

I just don't want Mecha-Godzilla or Mecha King Ghidorah in it. Just give me a plain and simple Godzilla and Kong and other Kaiju as fodder for them. They could throw Gorosourus in this so easy. Would love to see him and Kong fight.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

My fear is that we have too many Star Trek-style explain-away meetings that explain plot developments instead of letting the plot (and characters) develop organically. I hope that the strong cast is given ample material to work with, and we have something critics and fans can agree on.
Last edited by vibramrunner on Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

That Godzilla and/or Kong will die.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

The critics have chosen a side and it's the opposite of how the movie ends.
Just give me MechaG, Destroyah, Rodan and a whole bunch of new titans from kotm battling the living hell out of each other with the ultimate tag team G&K winning all said and done, I'll die happy.