Is the Monsterverse going to remain "grounded"?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Re: Is the Monsterverse going to remain "grounded"?

Post by Omegamorph »

If you watch KOTM you'll very well know they threw 'grounded' out of the window very early on
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

I'm sure GvK will be grounded again, like the first two MonsterVese films

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Olzh26 wrote:I'm sure GvK will be grounded again, like the first two MonsterVese films
Not sure, as Dougherty and Shields were on board. They did their edits, and it may or may not translate into the film well.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote:
Olzh26 wrote:I'm sure GvK will be grounded again, like the first two MonsterVese films
Not sure, as Dougherty and Shields were on board. They did their edits, and it may or may not translate into the film well.
He probably just added characters from his movie to the script.

I think that GvK will be more like G2014 and KSI because Wingard often communicates with Edwards and Roberts (and dogherty didn’t talk too much with them, so the "King of the monsters" came out so strange). you probably think - "what does it matter?". So - this has already worked in practice. Roberts during the development of KSI very often spoke with Edwards, so his film was very similar to G2014. so i think gvk will be more grounded
Last edited by Olzh26 on Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.