The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Re: The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

Post by Olzh26 »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:I mean isn't it obvious here?

Mecha G seems all but confirmed for GvK like I predicted years ago.

GvK - Mecha G
Next movie (DAM-type film perhaps?): Mecha KG, after Jonah's people steals the tech.
Now that I've seen the text from the credits pointed out with a screencap, I agree about Mechagodzilla. I also agree they're saving whatever's going on with Jonah and Ghidorah for whatever is planned for following GvK.
I think that "for now" quote by Dr. Chen was foreshadowing Godzilla's eventual turn due to feeling betrayed by the humans for developing an identical rival mechanical beast to take his "crown" as Alpha from him. Leading to either Godzilla and Kong duking it out as the Big Boss, or both of them have to take on Mechagodzilla during the third act similar to Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla with Caesar being replaced with Kong.
let him just think of humanity as a threat, because of the use of the oxygen destroyer
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

Why is everyone saying Mecha G is all but confirmed for the next movie?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Xagzan wrote:Why is everyone saying Mecha G is all but confirmed for the next movie?
Someone who apparently worked for some part of Legendary a while back leaked some artwork regarding about monsters that no one knew about in GKOTM. They said that MG would appear, and I guess we will just take their word.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Xagzan wrote:Why is everyone saying Mecha G is all but confirmed for the next movie?
Someone who apparently worked for some part of Legendary a while back leaked some artwork regarding about monsters that no one knew about in GKOTM. They said that MG would appear, and I guess we will just take their word.
Nah, well that's part of it, but it was referenced in the credits scene of KOTM.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Nah, well that's part of it, but it was referenced in the credits scene of KOTM.
Which? I missed that.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Someone who apparently worked for some part of Legendary a while back leaked some artwork regarding about monsters that no one knew about in GKOTM. They said that MG would appear, and I guess we will just take their word.
Which? I missed that.
There was a newspaper clipping that spoke of "Monarch Operatives are building a Metal Behemoth on Skull Island, and have tried making organic Titans"
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

While I'm hoping they go with making some version of Biollante, it's probably not.

My best guess is they will experiment in combining kaiju DNA (Ghidorah and the Muto head, possibly others) and create some new looking kaiju and call it Monster X, as some kinda play on the whole Monster Zero thing. And either that will be the big bad or Ghidorah's cells will prove too powerful and take control. Then we get another version of Ghidorah, such as Grand King or Keiser.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

GreenScar wrote:While I'm hoping they go with making some version of Biollante, it's probably not.

My best guess is they will experiment in combining kaiju DNA (Ghidorah and the Muto head, possibly others) and create some new looking kaiju and call it Monster X, as some kinda play on the whole Monster Zero thing. And either that will be the big bad or Ghidorah's cells will prove too powerful and take control. Then we get another version of Ghidorah, such as Grand King or Keiser.
That would be cool. As long as it falls under the umbrella of Ghidorah who they already have the rights to and they don’t change him too radically it could work.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Some screencaps of the news articles during the end credits have hit the Internet, and people have noticed that in the article talking about Monarch boosting forces around Skull Island and the island becoming geologically unstable, there's a quick mention of a rumors of a "metal behemoth" being built in a secret facility on the island. This seems to be the clearest hint toward Mechagodzilla.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

In regards to Metal Behemoth Thing, no one is going to awknowledge that there’s a creature called Behemoth in the film? It might literally mean they’re making a Mecha Behemoth. While I doubt it would play any significant eole in anything, it’s worth noting that they could have a MechaBehemoth first before MechaGodzilla.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:In regards to Metal Behemoth Thing, no one is going to awknowledge that there’s a creature called Behemoth in the film? It might literally mean they’re making a Mecha Behemoth. While I doubt it would play any significant eole in anything, it’s worth noting that they could have a MechaBehemoth first before MechaGodzilla.
Metal behemoth is just what people have been calling it and is based on people trying to remember what it said,. The actual text says "mechanzied giant".
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

WB had the rights to Mechagodzilla in Ready Player One. It's not too farfetched to have him in the Monsterverse based on rights but storywise I'm not sure how it would work.

Nerd1978
Samurai

Post by Nerd1978 »

The term used is mechanized giant, I believe.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah I have the screen cap, my bad it is Mechanized Giant

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

I would like to see Biollante in the future.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Don't know how they will have a team up movie without it garnering some hate (talking about GvK).
Last edited by Hokmuto on Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

There was the Muto head in the Monarch base, maybe there are some other spare parts laying around for Gigan..only..plot twist! He's a good guy? The Monsterverse Mechagodzilla, since building an entire mech seems a bit too out there...but patching a cyborg together perhaps not? Especially with Ghidorah regen somehow in the mix. Of course he'll go wild and be the bad guy at the end, maybe Charles Dance throws a wrench into things.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Relair wrote:There was the Muto head in the Monarch base, maybe there are some other spare parts laying around for Gigan..only..plot twist! He's a good guy? The Monsterverse Mechagodzilla, since building an entire mech seems a bit too out there...but patching a cyborg together perhaps not? Especially with Ghidorah regen somehow in the mix. Of course he'll go wild and be the bad guy at the end, maybe Charles Dance throws a wrench into things.
Charles Dance isn't in KOTM.
Long Live The King

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hokmuto wrote:
Relair wrote:There was the Muto head in the Monarch base, maybe there are some other spare parts laying around for Gigan..only..plot twist! He's a good guy? The Monsterverse Mechagodzilla, since building an entire mech seems a bit too out there...but patching a cyborg together perhaps not? Especially with Ghidorah regen somehow in the mix. Of course he'll go wild and be the bad guy at the end, maybe Charles Dance throws a wrench into things.
That we know of ;) .

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
That we know of ;) .
Well he himself said in an interview he wasn't in it. Think it's basically confirmed at this point.
Long Live The King