The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

Post by Hokmuto »

Next villains FOR SURE (not saying they will be in GvK, but just in general in the Monsterverse):
-Mechagodzilla
-Ghidorah/Ghidorah hybrid

Destroyah is a bit more iffy.

Anyhow, I don't think Ghidorah is returning in GvK for....reasons.
Long Live The King

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

C'mon guys. The villain will obviously be Tywin Lannister piloting Mecha King Ghidorah :P

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Mechagodzilla is a strong possibility but I’m leaning towards some Titan hybrid
Facts don't care about your feelings

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

I can see it being a big battle royale. Godzilla, Kong, Mothra 2, Rodan, Mechagodzilla, Bizarro Ghidorah.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

I think the new Muto is an intermediate form between the usual Muto and Prime

Bentley
G-Force Personnel

Post by Bentley »

My money is on Biollante. The eco terrorists trying to find a way to build a kaiju that will enhance the planet's recovery would make sense in universe. I'd be up for the twist of having a second villain on it like Space Godzilla (make him a Ghidorah/Godzilla hybrid). Then you hint Destoroyah for a future entry.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The thought occurred to me: what if instead of using Godzilla cells to make Biollante, they use Ghidorah’s? I mean they have the head. It also occurred to me how big of a deal they make during the end credits how big of a deal the monsters can be used for pharmaceutical and terraforming purposes; not unlike what happened with Biollante.

It’s also possible with the hunting monsters idea, they may be leading into an incursion on Skull island, provoking Kong and giving him good reason to become a villain.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Since Legendary has thrown the realism angle out the door and are going balls to the wall with an alien origin for Ghidorah and ancient civilizations older than Egypt and Rome (hinting at Atlantis?) that worships the Titans, I hope they go for Gamera now. I would LOVE to see Legendary’s take on the Guardian of the Universe. Not necessarily to be a villain, but to see Gamera clash with Godzilla, Rodan or Kong would be epic.
Last edited by Legendary Gojira on Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

Did yall not see the movie? The whole plan was Emmas to begin with. And Chatles Dance already confirmed he is not in Kong

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Legendary Gojira wrote:Since Legendary has thrown the realism angle out the door and are going balls to the wall with an alien origin for Ghidorah and ancient civilizations older than Egypt and Rome (hinting at Atlantis?) that worships the Titans, I hope they go for Gamera now. I would LOVE to see Legendary’s take on the Guardian of the Universe. Not necessarily to be a villain, but to see Gamera clash with Godzilla, Rodan or Kong would be epic.
Still more grounded than most Godzilla things. :lol:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shadowfyre wrote:Did yall not see the movie? The whole plan was Emmas to begin with. And Chatles Dance already confirmed he is not in Kong
It was Emma’s plan to begin with but Jonah was clearly pushing it along. One thing I noticed is that it is clear that things did not go according to plan. Ghidorah remains the central villain. I am also disappointed because Chatles Dance was one of the best parts of that film. He has a legitimately intimidating face and presence. I wish he would come back, because my wild head cannon is that he may be a showa era alien invader.
Legendary Gojira wrote:Since Legendary has thrown the realism angle out the door and are going balls to the wall with an alien origin for Ghidorah and ancient civilizations older than Egypt and Rome (hinting at Atlantis?) that worships the Titans, I hope they go for Gamera now. I would LOVE to see Legendary’s take on the Guardian of the Universe. Not necessarily to be a villain, but to see Gamera clash with Godzilla, Rodan or Kong would be epic.
I don’t think that Legendary has completely thrown realism out the window. This is like a bridge into it. The Argo, while ridiculously big, is just that; a bigger VTOL. The bases, while riduclous, are actual possibilities (assuming money is infinite). All of this also does make sense in a semi five year gap. The best analogy I can make, is to Godzilla vs Biollante. There are clear technological crazy advances, but it hasn’t gone full blown Mechagodzilla yet. It also introduced the IDEA of aliens, and other crazy shit, with the introduction of Ghidorah being an alien, vaguely.

It’s like how GTTHM introduced the idea of space monsters and aliens through possessions, before IATOM had ufos and space travel.

I honestly couldn’t care less about Gamera. It’s just a Godzilla knockoff, and with the exception of maybe the Heisei trilogy the majority of the films are trash.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

I hope that the Ledgandary will make kaiju more diverse in terms of their origin. I am very glad that Ghidorah turned out to be a alien and not just another ancient supervid who eats radiation. We will wait for the appearance of mutants, hybrids, anomalies, robots and others, in a realistic and reasonable performance, in the style of Legendary
Last edited by Olzh26 on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

I don’t think Ghidorah will return or be utilized in GvK, mostly because it seems Charles Dance is not in it. I think the end credits scene of KOTM was more meant to lead into Godzilla 3, whether it’s Mecha Ghidorah, a powered up regenerated Ghidorah, or something new. Sadly we may never know due to negative box office and critical reception for KOTM. Even if we get a sequel they might abandon that plot point. Hopefully box office numbers go up.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

I mean isn't it obvious here?

Mecha G seems all but confirmed for GvK like I predicted years ago.

GvK - Mecha G
Next movie (DAM-type film perhaps?): Mecha KG, after Jonah's people steals the tech.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

BARAGONBREH wrote:I mean isn't it obvious here?

GvK - Mecha G
Next movie (DAM-type film perhaps?): Mecha KG, after Jonah's people steals the tech.
Now that I've seen the text from the credits pointed out with a screencap, I agree about Mechagodzilla. I also agree they're saving whatever's going on with Jonah and Ghidorah for whatever is planned for following GvK.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Pkmatrix wrote:

GvK - Mecha G
Now that I've seen the text from the credits pointed out with a screencap, I agree about Mechagodzilla. I also agree they're saving whatever's going on with Jonah and Ghidorah for whatever is planned for following GvK.
I think that "for now" quote by Dr. Chen was foreshadowing Godzilla's eventual turn due to feeling betrayed by the humans for developing an identical rival mechanical beast to take his "crown" as Alpha from him. Leading to either Godzilla and Kong duking it out as the Big Boss, or both of them have to take on Mechagodzilla during the third act similar to Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla with Caesar being replaced with Kong.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:

GvK - Mecha G
I think that "for now" quote by Dr. Chen was foreshadowing Godzilla's eventual turn due to feeling betrayed by the humans for developing an identical rival mechanical beast to take his "crown" as Alpha from him. Leading to either Godzilla and Kong duking it out as the Big Boss, or both of them have to take on Mechagodzilla during the third act similar to Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla with Caesar being replaced with Kong.
Yeah, I've seen this theory, but I have to dissent, because:

a. I highly doubt they're going to use Mecha G as a prelude to what we already know for sure is coming.
b. I doubt Godzilla is going to "feel betrayed" by Mecha G and turn on humans. More likely, he has already turned on them after the mess they created in KOTM. Or, more realistically, he hasn't "turned" so much as reclaimed dominion over the earth since the bowing scene, leading humans to panic and build Mecha G (God it felt stupid writing that). It's this that will lead to the inevitable team up against Mecha G.
c. This series isn't going to have Godzilla become a true antagonist. If it did, it would be the last we saw of him - and if this is the last we're going to see of him, then we need to figure out what they're going to do with that Ghidorah head, because that's going to come before Godzilla bows out.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The villain might be the Netflix algorithm if Warner decides to dump it on to streaming
Last edited by Mr_Goji_and_Watch on Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The villain might be the Netflix algorithm if Warner decides to dump it on to streaming
LMFAO. Could you imagine what would happen to this board if this actually happens?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:The villain might be the Netflix algorithm if Warner decides to dump it on to streaming
Unnecessary comment, don't try to stir the pot.

Ignoring the financial reality of that, I'm sure Toho's contract around the Godzilla license specifically stipulates theatrical releases to maintain the rights.
Last edited by Arbok on Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!