Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:Hey all, I know the movie's out now but please put spoilers in the tags or just discuss the movie in the spoiler thread so people who haven't seen it yet don't get spoiled.
I know I said this to another mod, but you guys should give warnings for that instead of a slap on the wrist.
Eh, if this happened a few days ago I’d be inclined to agree. Anyone who actively goes to a thread at this point runs the risk of being spoiled now anyways, and knows what they’re getting into.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

My review is up, for those interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28633&p=1657122#p1657122

TL;DR: Nope, not a good movie, even though it had every chance to be. I'm very saddened and disappointed by what I saw today.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Fri May 31, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Deja vu
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

BARAGONBREH wrote:My review is up, for those interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28633&p=1657122#p1657122

TL;DR: Nope, not a good movie, even though it had every chance to be. I'm very saddened and disappointed by what I saw today.
I'm surprised you managed to not mention the fight between Godzilla and Ghidorah in the ocean with all that talk about camerawork. It was nigh-incomprehensible and stood out to me as the worst-shot scene in the film.

How did you feel about the use of Mothra and Rodan?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Smuggers wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:My review is up, for those interested: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28633&p=1657122#p1657122

I'm surprised you managed to not mention the fight between Godzilla and Ghidorah in the ocean with all that talk about camerawork. It was nigh-incomprehensible and stood out to me as the worst-shot scene in the film.

I could only bear to say so much, and I also didn't want to give away too many details of things; I even used spoiler tags where it probably wasn't necessary, just because I'm such a nice guy.

Rodan was quite cool. Again, he was unfortunately outdone by ridiculous camerawork.

Mothra was amazing, my favorite monster to see. Too bad we barely got to see any of her. It felt like a complete waste to only allow her real action time to consist of a brief supporting role in the final battle. It almost felt more like a cameo.
Last edited by BARAGONBREH on Fri May 31, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Wow, I'm utterly shocked./s
Last edited by SG-17 on Fri May 31, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

BARAGONBREH wrote:
Smuggers wrote:

I could only bear to say so much, and I also didn't want to give away too many details of things; I even used spoiler tags where it probably wasn't necessary, just because I'm such a nice guy.

Rodan was quite cool. Again, he was unfortunately outdone by ridiculous camerawork.

Mothra was amazing, my favorite monster to see. Too bad we barely got to see any of her. It felt like a complete waste to only allow her real action time to consist of a brief supporting role in the final battle. It almost felt more like a cameo.
Agreed about the Ghidorah vs Godzilla undersea thing.

Rodan was cool, same for Mothra. I think it’s fine having Mothra only having the time she did; it’s not like this is like Hedorah reappearing and then being only there for a short time. We will get more Mothra action in the future.

I think an important thing to do, is think of this film like Godzilla vs MG. Godzilla and ghidorah are the focus, with Rodan and Mothra being there like Angurius and Ceaser. They’re definitely a part of the movie, and like Ceaser Mothra definitely gets a lot of development and time but yeah. I’m actually really happy with how much of the larva we get to see; I was worried it would be far less and an afterthought
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

MothraRocks wrote:At the theatre now with brother and friends! Super excited, just getting some food and drink and then headed in! Guys I’m so skreeonking pumped right now, I’ll leave a review when I get out! :mrgreen:

Have a great time, I saw it yesterday... I will be seeing it again Saturday and Maybe Sunday.. I loved it! Hope you and your fiends do too!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

honestly despite my disappointment it makes me happy that you guys like it
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cinemassacre has the KOTM review up if anyone is interested.

scmtkings4
Samurai

Post by scmtkings4 »

Guys guys...spoilers man wth lol

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

This thread is on its last legs.

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

Gonna see it on any time from Thursday to Sunday!!! I'm so hyped!!!!
Last edited by Godzilla2020 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Just got back from seeing it. Absolutely no where as bad as the critics are making it out to be! I had an absolute blast the whole time it was playing. The only minor gripes I have are a few of the characters being weak as well as the story, but in the spirit of a Showa Godzilla film, there's no problem with this......

4/5
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

scmtkings4
Samurai

Post by scmtkings4 »

Just watched this myself

I'd probably give it a 7.5-8/10. Solid but I didn't have as much fun as I thought I would.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

goji89 wrote:Cinemassacre has the KOTM review up if anyone is interested.
[admin: edited for content]

Arbok: No need to insult people.
Last edited by Arbok on Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

godzilla98rules wrote:Just got back from seeing it. Absolutely no where as bad as the critics are making it out to be! I had an absolute blast the whole time it was playing. The only minor gripes I have are a few of the characters being weak as well as the story, but in the spirit of a Showa Godzilla film, there's no problem with this......

4/5
There's nothing wrong with liking it but it did not feel like a Showa Godzilla film in my opinion. Felt more like a Heisei or Millennium film.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by _JNavs_ »

Felt like the perfect blend of all three to me.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: There's nothing wrong with liking it but it did not feel like a Showa Godzilla film in my opinion. Felt more like a Heisei or Millennium film.
Yeah, outside of surface level elements like a heroic Godzilla it's simply not there.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.