Mortal Kombat General 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Mortal Kombat General 2.0

Post by _JNavs_ »

2004Zilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:Wow, that's skreeonking lame you can only play as the ninjas as Shang Tsung. Leaks were true after all, so I think this means Ash is pretty much confirmed. Pretty lame Kombat Pack other than Shang and Spawn. Sindel and Nightwolf are lame as poop and I really don't want to play as a character that's already in Injustice.
So I agree that it's whack you can only play as the ninjas as Shang Tsung, i also agree that this Kombat Pack is pretty lame. I mean, Sindel and Nightwolf? Who cares? It's not like they're mains, or A list characters, the ninjas were! Like you said, Spawn and Shang are dope additions, but imo Joker is also a pretty dope addition, since he's my favorite psychotic villain, and blends right into the MKVerse. This will be the first time we'll be able to brutally murder a "Superhero" in a fighting game!

Terminator is cool I guess? As cool as Ashley Williams is, I don't care for him like I do Jason, Michael, Alien or Predator.

MKX was probably their best Kombat pack tbh.
The more I think about it the more I realize the guests are the best part of these Kombat Packs. Spawn, Ash, Terminator, hell, even Joker despite being in Injustice are all cool characters that I like, but the fact that the actual MK characters we're getting are unbeliveably lame puts a taint on it. Sindel? Nightwolf? Sheeva? Who the skreeonk at NRS (I know, it's Ed Boob) thought these were "highly beloved fan favorites" when we're missing actual cool characters like Kenshi and the ninjas?
It's like he forgot where he came from lol, the ninjas ARE Mortal Kombat. I'm starting to think MK9 was the best MK roster and the best gameplay wise (4 player KOTH fights were lit when I had the boys over). Kenshi was a beast too, I used to main him, Noob and Scorpion.

Who actually mains Sheeva, Nightwolf and Sindel??? Is it the blue Furry SonicFox guy's mains?

I agree the guests are probably the best ones in the pack.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

_JNavs_ wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: So I agree that it's whack you can only play as the ninjas as Shang Tsung, i also agree that this Kombat Pack is pretty lame. I mean, Sindel and Nightwolf? Who cares? It's not like they're mains, or A list characters, the ninjas were! Like you said, Spawn and Shang are dope additions, but imo Joker is also a pretty dope addition, since he's my favorite psychotic villain, and blends right into the MKVerse. This will be the first time we'll be able to brutally murder a "Superhero" in a fighting game!

Terminator is cool I guess? As cool as Ashley Williams is, I don't care for him like I do Jason, Michael, Alien or Predator.

MKX was probably their best Kombat pack tbh.
The more I think about it the more I realize the guests are the best part of these Kombat Packs. Spawn, Ash, Terminator, hell, even Joker despite being in Injustice are all cool characters that I like, but the fact that the actual MK characters we're getting are unbeliveably lame puts a taint on it. Sindel? Nightwolf? Sheeva? Who the skreeonk at NRS (I know, it's Ed Boob) thought these were "highly beloved fan favorites" when we're missing actual cool characters like Kenshi and the ninjas?
It's like he forgot where he came from lol, the ninjas ARE Mortal Kombat. I'm starting to think MK9 was the best MK roster and the best gameplay wise (4 player KOTH fights were lit when I had the boys over). Kenshi was a beast too, I used to main him, Noob and Scorpion.

Who actually mains Sheeva, Nightwolf and Sindel??? Is it the blue Furry SonicFox guy's mains?

Fucking Nightwolf, man.

NIGHTWOLF IS A DLC CHARACTER

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

2004Zilla wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
2004Zilla wrote: The more I think about it the more I realize the guests are the best part of these Kombat Packs. Spawn, Ash, Terminator, hell, even Joker despite being in Injustice are all cool characters that I like, but the fact that the actual MK characters we're getting are unbeliveably lame puts a taint on it. Sindel? Nightwolf? Sheeva? Who the skreeonk at NRS (I know, it's Ed Boob) thought these were "highly beloved fan favorites" when we're missing actual cool characters like Kenshi and the ninjas?

skreeonking Nightwolf, man.

NIGHTWOLF IS A DLC CHARACTER
WHY NIGHTWOLF! LIKE, not Smoke, not Reptile, not Ermac, not Kenshi, not Motaro, not Kitaro....

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Hope they can actually keep Spawn's cape instead of of getting rid of it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:Hope they can actually keep Spawn's cape instead of of getting rid of it.
Cape mechanics are pretty hard to accomplish in a fighting game apparently, especially one like Spawns.

So I'd guess not but it's possible.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

The chainsaw sounds at the end of the trailer is an obvious hint at Ash.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Hope they can actually keep Spawn's cape instead of of getting rid of it.
Cape mechanics are pretty hard to accomplish in a fighting game apparently, especially one like Spawns.

Yes but NRS loves being cinematic and likes comics, it's possible they put off Spawn till they knew technology was good enough.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Living Corpse wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:

Yes but NRS loves being cinematic and likes comics, it's possible they put off Spawn till they knew technology was good enough.
It'd be wicked since he'd probably be a mix of Noob and Scorpion (my 2 mains). The cape is a necessity though

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Given that video game technology today is better and the existence of DLC. They'll have no issue pulling off the cape thing.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

*DLC INBOUND

SO YA LIKE SPAWN HUH?

WELL YOU'LL LOVE HIS NEW CAPE ADD ON

FOR ONLY $9.95

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

>.>

I'm glad Nightwolf is back... Like him WAY more than the generic archer from MKX. And I'm thinking the dialogue between him and Erron Black will be golden.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

So some of you point out how the ninjas are deconfirmed due to Shang Tsung's moveset. Keep in mind Scorpion and Sub-Zero is part of it as well so that shows it means nothing. So there's still a chance for those like Reptile, Rain, Smoke and Ermac.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

_JNavs_ wrote: Who actually mains Sheeva, Nightwolf
Hi there. Favorite characters in the series for me personally (along with Havik from Deception and Tremor in MKX), love the designs and movesets they've had. So yeah I'm pretty stoked about this kombat pack on Nightwolf alone; Shang, Spawn, and Ash are icing on the cake.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Komenja wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Who actually mains Sheeva, Nightwolf
Hi there. Favorite characters in the series for me personally (along with Havik from Deception and Tremor in MKX), love the designs and movesets they've had. So yeah I'm pretty stoked about this kombat pack on Nightwolf alone; Shang, Spawn, and Ash are icing on the cake.
You like Sheeva more than Kitaro and Goro? Interesting...

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Totally. I've had more fun playing Sheeva in MK9 than any other character in any other game in the series. As a character she's a competent and self-less leader for the Shokan, much better in the role than Goro was in the old timeline. Also have you seen the leaked dialogue for MK11? She's the Queen of Shokan and sass.
Spoiler:
Shao Kahn: "You will be my first female champion."
Sheeva: "Some honor, to be your champion."
Shao Kahn: "You meant to say 'Thank you, Emperor'."

Shao Kahn: "I thought you were smarter than Goro."
Sheeva: "I am, which is why I won't follow you."
Shao Kahn: "You force my hand, Sheeva."

Sheeva: "Earthrealmers are so weak and fragile."
Kung Lao: "Im as tough as any Outworlder, even you."
Sheeva: "See how easily your ego is bruised?"

Sheeva: "One day, you will be a general?"
Sonya: "That's what everyone tells me."
Sheeva: "I pity Earthrealm."

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Pretty meh on the Kombat Pack content. Shang Tsung looks great, love the idea of using the palette swap ninjas for moves and I like the idea of Spawn but have to see him in action first.

Sindel and Nightwolf are not very good choices to me. As far as "missing characters from the last two games" go, they're at the bottom of the want list.

Ash and Terminator I'm indifferent about.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote:Pretty meh on the Kombat Pack content. Shang Tsung looks great, love the idea of using the palette swap ninjas for moves and I like the idea of Spawn but have to see him in action first.

Sindel and Nightwolf are not very good choices to me. As far as "missing characters from the last two games" go, they're at the bottom of the want list.

Ash and Terminator I'm indifferent about.
Who would be in your ideal Kombat Pack minus guests?

I'd probably go for Smoke, Motaro, Shang Tsung, Cyrax and Reptile

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Keeping it to the same amount of characters, Shang Tsung, Spawn, Smoke and Li Mei for Kombat Pack 1.

BigGrayGecko
Yojimbo

Post by BigGrayGecko »

Is it just me or the sound of magic Jade uses during her intro is somewhat similar to the cackle of Rodan?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Dream DLC with same amount of characters? Shang Tsung, Reptile, Mileena with Terminator, Ash and Pennywise as DLC. Sorry ya'll, just never been a big "SPAWN FOR MK" fan. Would rather him in Injustice 3 to be honest. Seeing him interact with DC's Etrigan and another Hellboy DLC or base roster...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?