The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A lot of people are leaning into the idea that the head of KG, will be used to create Destroyah. While I think that’s possible, and I would love to see that happen, another thought occurred to me;

Aliens!

That’s right, the main eco dude is a Black Hole Alien/Futurian. I mean, he’s randomly super evil, and heartless. It is possible he is an alien. It’s heavily alluded to in this film that Ghidorah himself is an alien, and of course he wanted to wake Ghidorah up. If this was GTTHM, the next film, either GVK, or Godzilla 3, will have a heavy IOTAM vibe.

The whole subtext of the film, reminded heavily of how a lot of showa aliens realized humans were ruining the earth and wanted to take it over, with the monsters, before it was completely gone.

The head of Ghidorah at the end, also reminded me of MKG. It could be that they’ll try to clone Ghidorah and make MKG, or something similar. With MKG, you could also throw in some other bullshit, like Mechagodzilla and MechaniKong, that Godzilla and Kong team up with. It’s absolutely over the top; but come on, KOTM was balls to the walls insane.

To be clear, I think it could turn out to be Destroyah, but I don’t see how MKG isn’t just as likely. I think likewise, it’s possible that they are aliens, but MKG is out of the question.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Re: The Villians of the Next Film (massive spoilers)

Post by Spuro »

I still prefer the insane Bagan theory myself. The puzzle pieces are there! :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:I still prefer the insane Bagan theory myself. The puzzle pieces are there! :P
Hey holy cow I didn’t think of that. As insane as that is, it feels really possible as presumably there would also be Godzilla DNA down there.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

I'm convinced the villains of the next film will be either a government conspiracy or a rogue military faction with a radical plan to exterminate the Titans. I strongly suspect the villains of this film will either play no role or take a back seat to that, and that it'll be these villains plans to destroy the Titans that will lead to the bigger bad of GvK to be either created or unleashed.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Yeah. It's hard not to jump to Mecha-King Ghiodrah when you see the head just sitting there, but it doesn't seem like the route they would take. Would they have to buy the rights to use MKG or is he just lumped under Ghidorah?

That being said, MKG would be balls the walls and I'm here for it. Go crazy I say. I doubt they would just clone Ghidorah and have to fight him again. They would have to make him mecha or have something go wrong in the cloning/regeneration process. I know some people are saying Destoroyah which would certainly be a new take on the character. My mind drifted to Death Ghidorah or Keizer but that would never happen.

So yeah I have no idea what they're gonna do with Ghidorah.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I'm just speculating here, but I think that Jonah Allan's group will do something to replace Ghidorah and continue his work. Is that some kind of clone, or Mecha Ghidorah, or using his DNA to create something worse? I don't know, but I think his goal will be to try and get the monsters to go back on their rampage and probably conspire to get Godzilla and Kong to kill each other since they would get in the way of those plans.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

bessantj
Ronin

Post by bessantj »

I hadn't heard about the severed head being used to make Destroyah, that sounds quite good. Though you automatically think Mecha-King Ghiodrah I don't think we'd have that because we've already had Godzilla v Ghiodrah and they probably won't do that twice in a row.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

bessantj wrote:I hadn't heard about the severed head being used to make Destroyah, that sounds quite good. Though you automatically think Mecha-King Ghiodrah I don't think we'd have that because we've already had Godzilla v Ghiodrah and they probably won't do that twice in a row.
Perhaps, though my (rather unpopular, I admit) theory is that the scene is actually hinting towards Godzilla 3, not GvK.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^^Its possible it could be it’s own seperate hint at future films other then Godzilla vs. Kong.

One thing I do appreciate this though is how vague it is. Like even though it’s clearly Ghidorah’s Head, it could also just be Destroyah.

I don’t think they’ll just do Ghidorah again, but don’t forget how a few times in the showa series Ghidorah just reappears. I’d argue that MKG is different enough to be interesting. Also, unlike Destroyah, we wouldn’t need as much time developing it. People who saw this film would get more or less what MKG would be and it would make the film less clustered.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:^^^Its possible it could be it’s own seperate hint at future films other then Godzilla vs. Kong.

One thing I do appreciate this though is how vague it is. Like even though it’s clearly Ghidorah’s Head, it could also just be Destroyah.

I don’t think they’ll just do Ghidorah again, but don’t forget how a few times in the showa series Ghidorah just reappears. I’d argue that MKG is different enough to be interesting. Also, unlike Destroyah, we wouldn’t need as much time developing it. People who saw this film would get more or less what MKG would be and it would make the film less clustered.
Yep!

Like, I could easily see the post-credit scene of GvK being the follow-up to this scene showing Jonah and his group either growing a new Ghidorah or building MKG or something.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

They got Ghidorah's head, and mentioned earlier in in the film that the Titan DNA could be altered. Ghidorah cells + Godzilla cells... BAM! BAGAN!!!! Tanaka rooooollin in his grave!

bessantj
Ronin

Post by bessantj »

Pkmatrix wrote:
bessantj wrote:I hadn't heard about the severed head being used to make Destroyah, that sounds quite good. Though you automatically think Mecha-King Ghiodrah I don't think we'd have that because we've already had Godzilla v Ghiodrah and they probably won't do that twice in a row.
Perhaps, though my (rather unpopular, I admit) theory is that the scene is actually hinting towards Godzilla 3, not GvK.
Yeah, that sounds plausible though they still have plenty of monsters to cycle through. Mecha Godzilla has got to be coming up sometime.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

I honestly don't want Destroyah. I just don't think of him as highly as some other kaiju. Nothing against him, I just see him neither as a particularly powerful kaiju (although he does LOOKS LIKE THE GODDAMN DEVIL! and it's badass) nor a really great ultimate nemesis for Godzilla. I really wouldn't be opposed if they bring him in, but if, if they ever decide to do it, I hope that you go straight off of Godzilla vs. Destroyah's and have him some kind of creature that somehow survived the oxygen destroyer and was mutated by it.

All jokes aside, a Bagan appearance would honestly be great if they played their cards right. (What was your theory for how it could go, Kaiju-King? If you were serious about an idea and not just playing the Bagan joke ;-) ). It maybe too early for a MechaKing Ghiroah, but I could certainly see that down the road too and would love it.

As for the humans, I get the feeling that they will be less important in the following chapter(s?) too, though I hope I'm wrong. I really liked them and could easily see them becoming a force in the own right. Between controlling/aggravating kaiju, bringing in more humans sympathetic to their cause, and maybe even a few rough nations. They would be great.

And damn it, get us some Kaiju Cults! It's one of best ideas Pacific Rim had and almost nothing has been done with the idea by anyone before or after. Between ancient civilizations that worshiped them and their shear size and power, there would 100% be thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of people that would begin worshiping them as gods. The best part? They can play along with (and by extension, against) any and all sides! They're could be more benign and good cults (Mothra being an obvious choice) and death cult ones that feel that the kaiju can and should bring about total annihilation and everything in between.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

KingKaiju wrote:They got Ghidorah's head, and mentioned earlier in in the film that the Titan DNA could be altered. Ghidorah cells + Godzilla cells... BAM! BAGAN!!!! Tanaka rooooollin in his grave!
Don’t forget during the end credits it shows a bunch of cells and other genetic material. They wouldn’t even have to call it Bagan even, but it would be a good idea to have their own original big bad new monster.

Added in 1 minute 30 seconds:
In regards to MG, I feel like depending on if the next film is just GVK, or if they have plans for a next Godzilla film then it could go either way. Mg could literally be a Godzilla cyborg boy, or a Fake Godzilla, or just with the aliens in addition to MKG.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

What about Biollante? G's saliva is probably still present.. I mean, he bit off his damn head, maybe there's even a tooth stuck in there?! Biollante, like this new Ghidorah, has restorative capabilities. Those plant tentacles kind of remind me of Ghidorah heads a little too, no?

That said, if I were a betting man (I'm not), it's MKG all the way. We're balls to the wall full Showa now anyway!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vibramrunner wrote:What about Biollante? G's saliva is probably still present.. I mean, he bit off his damn head, maybe there's even a tooth stuck in there?! Biollante, like this new Ghidorah, has restorative capabilities. Those plant tentacles kind of remind me of Ghidorah heads a little too, no?

That said, if I were a betting man (I'm not), it's MKG all the way. We're balls to the wall full Showa now anyway!
I didn’t even think of the salavia/teeth. Bagan is more likely, same for Biollante. Don’t forget they’re eco terrorists and a lot of imagery/what was going on was similar to Godzilla vs Biollante!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Bagan, Mechagodzilla, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Destoroyah, Hedorah, Biollante or an original monster are the only ones I can think of.

Heck imagine Mecha-King Ghidorah, Godzilla and Kong squaring off against Destoroyah? :D

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Bagan, Mechagodzilla, Mecha-King Ghidorah, Destoroyah, Hedorah, Biollante or an original monster are the only ones I can think of.

Heck imagine Mecha-King Ghidorah, Godzilla and Kong squaring off against Destoroyah? :D
It just occurred to me MKG has that big grappling arm. It would be an easy and dumb way to transport Godzilla/Kong to any of the other monsters.

I would hope then that Destroyah actually gets to kill or destroy some other monsters. Destroyah was always cool, especially in the supplementary material, but unfortunately he never really got to kill much.

Also what’s cool is that while Ghidorah was hunted to be an alien, he wasn’t a balls to the wall insane monster, but leads into it.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
vibramrunner wrote:What about Biollante? G's saliva is probably still present.. I mean, he bit off his damn head, maybe there's even a tooth stuck in there?! Biollante, like this new Ghidorah, has restorative capabilities. Those plant tentacles kind of remind me of Ghidorah heads a little too, no?

I didn’t even think of the salavia/teeth. Bagan is more likely, same for Biollante. Don’t forget they’re eco terrorists and a lot of imagery/what was going on was similar to Godzilla vs Biollante!
That's true. The shootout at the beginning of Biollante reminded me a little of the Antarctica ambush as well.

And, since Biollante is in play... I guess that means Space Godzilla is in play too?!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vibramrunner wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

That's true. The shootout at the beginning of Biollante reminded me a little of the Antarctica ambush as well.

And, since Biollante is in play... I guess that means Space Godzilla is in play too?!
Hey man, Godzilla’s DNA is always up for grabs, and we got a soft confirmation of aliens meddling with Kaiju DNA. I think MKG and Destroyah are way more likely, but I do appreciate the possibilities.