SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Do you want to see the classic SpaceGodzilla brought into the Monsterverse Universe?

Poll ended at Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Yes, I want to see SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse!
49%
No.
51%

Total votes: 35

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse?

Post by Vakanai »

MothraRocks wrote:Might be possible, but honestly I hope they don’t introduce him. Yeah you could go with the explanation of the black hole and G-cells, and throw in some extra pseudo science stuff, but I just feel like he would kinda be too out there for this universe. Plus, on a personal level, I find him rather boring.

He’s a clone! Of Godzilla! From space! With crystals!”
You and I have very different ideas of what boring is (admittedly the movie itself was kinda boring, but the space clone angle is hella fun).
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Personally I hope we don't see any "Godzilla clone" kaiju from Legendary or Toho any time soon. I wanna see something new and all the Mecha/SpaceGodzillas aren't that.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

NSZ wrote:
My Corns Hurt wrote:He's the best designed monster
He's a DeviantArt OC.
Nice work quoting only the first half of my post.

GuardianGhido
JXSDF Technician

Post by GuardianGhido »

Ivo-goji wrote:Personally I hope we don't see any "Godzilla clone" kaiju from Legendary or Toho any time soon. I wanna see something new and all the Mecha/SpaceGodzillas aren't that.
Mechagodzilla is iconic so hoping we'll see that eventually. But yeah SpaceGodzilla is too Godzilla-ish looking a villain IMO. More original designs are preferable. Crystalak wsa a cooler looking Crystal based monster that didn't look like palette swapped Godzilla with a few different features.
Last edited by GuardianGhido on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirektorSplennic wrote:Mr Goji, eabaker, and LSD are like the (un)Holy Trinity of Kaiju Kino.