SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Do you want to see the classic SpaceGodzilla brought into the Monsterverse Universe?

Poll ended at Tue May 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Yes, I want to see SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse!
49%
No.
51%

Total votes: 35

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse?

Post by American Godzilla »

I was just pondering, when looking at classic kaijus from the heisei era, should SpaceGodzilla be converted/brought into the Monsterverse? After you vote, explain why or why not (if you please). If I use myself as an example...

I think SpaceGodzilla should be brought into Monsterverse as he is one of my favorite non-Godzilla kaijus in the Godzilla universe. Technically it is a Godzilla, just a new breed of Godzilla that can travel in space (so it could spread terror on more than one planet)! The original SpaceGodzilla was a powerhouse vs the 90s Godzilla (as he needed help and fire the Red Atomic Breath just to rival it). Converting SpaceGodzilla to Monsterverse standards would mean an even more powerful space nightmare!

Plus it would be fun to see classic kaijus converted into Monsterverse in general... as long as they were done properly (though if the upcoming 'King of the Monsters' is any indication for Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah I think we are in good hands).

What do you think?
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: SpaceGodzilla in Monsterverse?

Post by _JNavs_ »

The closest to SpaceGodzilla you'd get in the Monsterverse is likely Biollante.

There's no bigger themes to SpaceG beyond "Godzilla but from space". Monsterverse Godzilla is a primordial prehistoric species, from before the Permian era, so his species likely wouldn't T-pose their way into the deep eons of the milky way and expand into an intergalactic Galactus like being lol.

However, that being said, his DNA is certainly around in spades. The MUTOs, Ghidorah, even Rodan and Mothra I'm assuming, got hits off on him that resulted in his blood being leaked. Collect a sample here and there, Monarch scientists do what Monarch scientists do (maybe in Africa or something with vast jungles), maybe they toss out the samples thinking they're useless, then nearby plant life ends up absorbing Godzillas DNA. Resulting in a predatory plant-like beast with a slight grotesque appearance similar to Godzilla. Boom Biollante, the Titan known to have her themes rooted in (no pun intended) environmental caution.

Have her pull a Poison Ivy, where she absorbs Kaiju until they're drained of all bodily fluids, powering her up with every dead kaiju.

The promo material for the film could be a really wicked green color, similar to the color-coded promo material for KOTM, K:SI and G14
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue May 21, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Spoiler:
given how Ghidorah lifts him out of the atmosphere, his DNA is probably floating in space
I’d love to see him though
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

I voted no because I think SpaceGodzilla is a pretty bland monster. His design is derivative and his role of "scary space monster" is done by better by other monsters, including in the Monsterverse itself.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

I think it’s guaranteed we will see a Godzilla clone-hybrid later in the Monsterverse if it continues, but not sure about specifically SpaceGodzilla; the name is quite silly too. I imagine them doing more in the lines of “if Orga was able to fully absorb Godzilla’s DNA and become a clone” type deal.

Nonetheless, yes, I would like to see him
Last edited by Hokmuto on Tue May 21, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long Live The King

SteveMartinLives
Yojimbo

Post by SteveMartinLives »

I voted yes because I'd take pretty much anything. Excited to see the Legendary take on the dorats in KOTM!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hokmuto wrote:I think it’s guaranteed we will see a Godzilla clone-hybrid later in the Monsterverse if it continues, but not sure about specifically SpaceGodzilla; the name is quite silly too. I imagine them doing more in the lines of “if Orga was able to fully absorb Godzilla’s DNA and become a clone” type deal.

Nonetheless, yes, I would like to see him
I don't know if it'd be anti-climactic, but I'd be cool with a 2nd Godzilla entirely. Since we now know he was part of an entire species.

Maybe even instead of finding the usual little Godzilla like he does in every era, he finds a group of his own kind, and gets to live with his family in peace on Monster Island (Skull Island renamed). Of course this would have to be like the finale of the MV, unless they want to start the next film with his family being killed, It'd be like the exact opposite of G54, where he starts off with his family and they all end up getting killed by the Nuclear testing.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue May 21, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

I found a very interesting (and certainly a more alien take) of SpaceGodzilla drawn by the talented user known as Fred the DinosaurMan. Link to where I found the image is here https://storgram.com/post/BuxV38Tlyh_ the image itself is below. The head, and those six eyes, are my favorite aspect to this fan design. Those six eyes on the head reminds me of Cthulhu... can you imagine a Lovecraftian-like SpaceGodzilla?

I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

B-But guys...The realism...

Original and new monsters...

:cry:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue May 21, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:B-But guys...The realism...

Original and new monsters...

:cry:
You know this is just hypothetical right? Just because someone wants one thing doesn't mean someone else can't want a different thing. :lol:
Last edited by Smuggers on Tue May 21, 2019 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I think SpaceGodzilla should stay in the heisei series

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

KingKaiju wrote:I think SpaceGodzilla should stay in the heisei series
This 100%

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

Absolutely. He's the best designed monster with the worst movie and absolutely deserves a second chance.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

No. Just no

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

If they find a proper way of incorporating him later on I won't mind, but honestly there are more interesting and logical first choices than an obese, crystalized Super Godzilla rocking an "Earth, wind and fire" cosplay :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri May 24, 2019 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

American Godzilla wrote:I found a very interesting (and certainly a more alien take) of SpaceGodzilla drawn by the talented user known as Fred the DinosaurMan. Link to where I found the image is here https://storgram.com/post/BuxV38Tlyh_ the image itself is below. The head, and those six eyes, are my favorite aspect to this fan design. Those six eyes on the head reminds me of Cthulhu... can you imagine a Lovecraftian-like SpaceGodzilla?

Man I am with you 100%! That design is super cool, a bit too bulky and the legs look a bit too high off the ground, but huge fan of the arms, reverse-bent legs, and especially the eyes! I think we should see easter eggs and build up to this guy, but he should show up in the future and not any time soon. We should see him before Destroyah though.
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I'm a 90s kid, and I just loved the look and concept of this guy when I first saw him as a kid, so I would love for him to get a second chance. Not sure how he'd work here, but if the team at Legendary has an idea on how to bring him in I am all for it.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

My Corns Hurt wrote:He's the best designed monster
He's a DeviantArt OC.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

NSZ wrote:
He's a DeviantArt OC.
Hey now, that’s what the kids like nowadays
Facts don't care about your feelings

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

NSZ wrote:
He's a DeviantArt OC.
Your point? He's a spacey clone of Godzilla, he has to look like Godzilla but different, kind of limits options. I think Toho did an excellent job of that. Although if he's ever brought back I hope they make him seem a bit more alien. Extra eyes, maybe another set of scrawny vestigial arms, tentacles on his back, something. But for the premise and the limitations of having to make a practical suit, Toho did alright. I think the people who think he's some deviantart oc were against the idea of a space twin of Godzilla to begin with and probably wouldn't have been happy no matter the design Toho produced. At least that's always been the sentiment I got.

Of course of the three original character of that era, he was my favorite. The spiritual crap in Biollante always put me off that movie (never mind the creature reminds me of Audrey II too much...), and Destroyah just didn't connect to me as strongly as a kid as "a space Godzilla!"
Keep in mind my favorite Godzilla antagonist was MechaGodzilla. If ten year old me had been in charge of the franchise we'd have had like another two or three Godzilla clones besides. Not even including my childhood idea of Godzilla-Man, a man who infused with Godzilla cells now has all the powers of Godzilla! And has Godzilla spikes poking out the back of his slick leather jacket. Anyways, it's a concept (SpaceGodzilla) that appeals to kids I think, so definitely the sort of thing we need more of to get a future generation of fans.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.