Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Monster X »

GojiDog wrote:Ghidorah doesn't do much walking period IIRC.
Ghidorah: What is this “walk-ing” you speak of peasant?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

batzilla wrote:What songs play during the credits? The Blue Oyster Cult cover, Godzilla Main Title...anything else? Mothras Song?
The Blue Oyster Cult cover during the first batch of credits, with the news clipping montage. Then Godzilla Main Title and Mothra's Song for the rest. There MAY have been one more after that, but I don't quite remember - Mothra's song I remember very distinctly, because I kept expecting the lyrics to kick in but it was just an instrumental version. XD
Can of Conspiracy wrote:Did any of those alleged practical effects make it into the final cut?

The ADI staff is included in the end credits, but only for "Conceptual Creature Design."
Honestly, I couldn't tell? Maybe?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Actually, a question for the others who've seen the movie already: I noticed in the end credits there was a character named "Asher Jonah" - Alan's son, I suppose? Did anyone catch which of Alan's goons that was? My first thought is that it must've been the guy Nelson shoots in Antarctica, but I don't remember Alan seeming particularly upset about it so it must not have been...maybe it was the guy who tried to stop Emma at the end? I'm going to keep an eye out for this next time, as I suspect that's a character that will be more important in future movies. :)

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

I've heard that Ghidorah has regenerative powers. How does this (plus Ghidorah's armored hide/durability) handle Godzilla blue Atomic Breath? Does Ghidorah not take any damage from it?
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Pkmatrix wrote:Actually, a question for the others who've seen the movie already: I noticed in the end credits there was a character named "Asher Jonah" - Alan's son, I suppose? Did anyone catch which of Alan's goons that was? My first thought is that it must've been the guy Nelson shoots in Antarctica, but I don't remember Alan seeming particularly upset about it so it must not have been...maybe it was the guy who tried to stop Emma at the end? I'm going to keep an eye out for this next time, as I suspect that's a character that will be more important in future movies. :)
That was Asher that got shot
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:Actually, a question for the others who've seen the movie already: I noticed in the end credits there was a character named "Asher Jonah" - Alan's son, I suppose? Did anyone catch which of Alan's goons that was? My first thought is that it must've been the guy Nelson shoots in Antarctica, but I don't remember Alan seeming particularly upset about it so it must not have been...maybe it was the guy who tried to stop Emma at the end? I'm going to keep an eye out for this next time, as I suspect that's a character that will be more important in future movies. :)
That was Asher that got shot
Ah, okay! I'm going to pay closer attention to that part next time. :)

Godzillanime
Ronin

Post by Godzillanime »

Man in order to beat this Ghidorah,the Heisei Godzilla needs to atleast bombard him with Spiral Rays to the point where he cannot regenerate.
Can't wait for the moment where Godjiller fights with Gonorrhea.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Godzillanime wrote:Man in order to beat this Ghidorah,the Heisei Godzilla needs to atleast bombard him with Spiral Rays to the point where he cannot regenerate.
Maybe but nucleur pulsing him to oblivion is certainly more badass :D
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

what new was said about nature, biology and behavior of Godzilla?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

American Godzilla wrote:I've heard that Ghidorah has regenerative powers. How does this (plus Ghidorah's armored hide/durability) handle Godzilla blue Atomic Breath? Does Ghidorah not take any damage from it?
Ghidorah is durable enough to not take any damage from Godzilla's atomic breath. He gets pushed back or knocked over when he's caught off guard, but he takes no real damage.

The only time Ghidorah uses his regenerative powers is when he re-grows his head, other than that he pretty much never gets injured until Fire Godzilla comes on scene. And Fire Godzilla is so powerful that Ghidorah is literally obliterated and doesn't even get a chance to regenerate.
Last edited by Vandarker on Sat May 25, 2019 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

I didn't realise this till know but this Ghidorah is a trend breaker. While maybe not a full on trop for the character, Ghidorah's middle head getting beaten/blown off has been the point where he's pretty much beaten in a fight. From Destroy All Monsters to Final Wars.

Legendary Ghidorah is like "LOL, NOPE!"

Now that reminds me, what is the regenaration like? Is it like the gif above or these examples?

fake
Monsterland Worker

Post by fake »

Monster X wrote:I didn't realise this till know but this Ghidorah is a trend breaker. While maybe not a full on trop for the character, Ghidorah's middle head getting beaten/blown off has been the point where he's pretty much beaten in a fight. From Destroy All Monsters to Final Wars.

Legendary Ghidorah is like "LOL, NOPE!"

Now that reminds me, what is the regenaration like? Is it like the gif above or these examples?

More like the toe thing you posted. The head builds from a srump

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

Handful of bad reviews on YouTube now. Alex Madden thought the first was better
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

GhidorahLives
Ronin

Post by GhidorahLives »

Again thanks to all that have seen KOTM for answering questions.

I am trying to piece together the sequence of events that lead to 'Fire' Godzilla.

Ghidorah drags Godzilla to the upper atmosphere and then drops him. Ghidorah follows Godzilla down and then before Ghidorah can attack a weakened Godzilla Mothra intercepts shielding Godzilla from the gravity beams and is destroyed in the process. Mothra's 'life force' rains on Godzilla. Ghidorah then begins draining Godzilla of energy. Dr. Emma Russell then gets Ghidorhah to follow her using the Orca I guess allowing Godzilla more time to heal. Fire Godzilla then surprises Ghidorah from behind.

Are there physical altercations between Fire Godzilla and Ghidorah?

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Vandarker wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:I've heard that Ghidorah has regenerative powers. How does this (plus Ghidorah's armored hide/durability) handle Godzilla blue Atomic Breath? Does Ghidorah not take any damage from it?
Ghidorah is durable enough to not take any damage from Godzilla's atomic breath. He gets pushed back or knocked over when he's caught off guard, but he takes no real damage.

The only time Ghidorah uses his regenerative powers is when he re-grows his head, other than that he pretty much never gets injured until Fire Godzilla comes on scene. And Fire Godzilla is so powerful that Ghidorah is literally obliterated and doesn't even get a chance to regenerate.
Do we ever see the atomic breath hitting anything besides Ghidorah so we can get an idea of how powerful it is?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

LockBite wrote:
Vandarker wrote:

Do we ever see the atomic breath hitting anything besides Ghidorah so we can get an idea of how powerful it is?
During the Antarctica fight, Godzilla accidentally blows up what's left of the Monarch Outpost ... that's the only thing I remember

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Nice, thank you

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Jaqua92 wrote:Handful of bad reviews on YouTube now. Alex Madden thought the first was better
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

GhidorahLives wrote:Again thanks to all that have seen KOTM for answering questions.

I am trying to piece together the sequence of events that lead to 'Fire' Godzilla.

Ghidorah drags Godzilla to the upper atmosphere and then drops him. Ghidorah follows Godzilla down and then before Ghidorah can attack a weakened Godzilla Mothra intercepts shielding Godzilla from the gravity beams and is destroyed in the process. Mothra's 'life force' rains on Godzilla. Ghidorah then begins draining Godzilla of energy. Dr. Emma Russell then gets Ghidorhah to follow her using the Orca I guess allowing Godzilla more time to heal. Fire Godzilla then surprises Ghidorah from behind.

Are there physical altercations between Fire Godzilla and Ghidorah?
No

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

Vandarker wrote:

Thank you for answering :)

My goodness, this Ghidorah sounds like a powerful one! I figured it would be when I first heard that Ghidorah would be in this film as in just about every other Godzilla movie, Godzilla alone and with his Blue Atomic Breath was not match for Ghidorah (save for GMK Godzilla, but let's not go there). I figured that Ghidorah would take minor damage from the blue Atomic Breath, but NO damage! Now that's saying something.

This is why Ghidorah is my #1 non-Godzilla favorite kaiju, it's powerful enough to rival Godzilla as long as Godzilla does not receive help or power-ups. Can't wait for a PC game where I can play this version of Ghidorah and have a "rematch" against this Godzilla :)
Last edited by American Godzilla on Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.