Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

scandisk_ wrote:Hi guys, newbie here.

A question for Vandarker: How does Godzilla scale next to Ghidorah? 'Cause from the concept arts and SHMA figures, Ghidorah really towered over Godzilla, but in the movie they're kinda comparable size-wise/body mass.

Thank you!
Ghidorah's a little taller but not by much
And they're pretty even in strength was a slight edge towards Ghidorah on land and Godzilla in the ocean
Last edited by Godzilla2000Zero on Fri May 24, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

A question for Vandarker: How does Godzilla scale next to Ghidorah? 'Cause from the concept arts and SHMA figures, Ghidorah really towered over Godzilla, but in the movie they're kinda comparable size-wise/body mass.

Thank you!
And they're pretty even in strength was a slight edge towards Ghidorah on land and Godzilla in the ocean
Ghidorah has an edge over Godzilla with his rapid healing ability.

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Hahah much appreciated guys! Sounds amazing,

Also can’t believe I just watched the end credits scene lol.

I’ve been away from this site for a bit. Can I ask how you guys were able to watch it so early?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

A question for Vandarker: How does Godzilla scale next to Ghidorah? 'Cause from the concept arts and SHMA figures, Ghidorah really towered over Godzilla (like it's not even close), but in the trailers they're kinda comparable size-wise/body mass.

Thank you!
He doesn't tower over Godzilla. Ghidorah is bigger but not much of a drastic size difference. But when he strikes a pose he looks much bigger cause he's taller and has those humongous wings.

Added in 40 seconds:
Troyal1 wrote:Hahah much appreciated guys! Sounds amazing,

I’ve been away from this site for a bit. Can I ask how you guys were able to watch it so early?
There were two preview screenings in my country, once in regular format, once in 4D screen X.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

It was an AMC Stubs Premiere Free Screening I found it online
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

scandisk_
Ronin

Post by scandisk_ »

Appreciate the quick replies, guys.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

Thank you!
Would you care to elaborate? Would you explain the Godzilla Mexico battle, how does he fight in the water?

How much of rodan do we see in Washington DC
Facts don't care about your feelings

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

Thank you!
Would you care to elaborate? Would you explain the Godzilla Mexico battle, how does he fight in the water?

King Ghidorah chases after the Argo but before he can get them Godzilla jumps out of the ocean and tackles Ghidorah kinda brief but Godzilla does bite of one the necks before the Oxygen. Destroyer hits
Pretty much what you saw in the Comic Con trailer it's very brief shame though

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Does Godzilla use his atomic breath in Mexico?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Ben Shapiro wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

Thank you!

Pretty much how a crocodile would snatch its prey and try to hold it down underwater. In this case Godzilla is the crocodile and Ghidorah is the prey, and the fight itself, brief as it is, is mostly thrashing, struggling and water splashing. Ghidorah tries to escape from Godzilla's clutches and he snaps at the fleeing Argo, but Godzilla is able to suppress him. At one point Godzilla bites down on Ghidorah's neck and uses both hands to tear one of his heads off.

Ghidorah's movements are slightly restricted underwater while Godzilla is faster. On the land it's the opposite. Ghidorah is much faster than Godzilla which allows him to evade Godzilla's attacks and get more hits on him. In the Boston battle the two are pretty even.

We only see Rodan briefly attacking the air force led by the Argo when they try to attack Ghidorah.

Added in 48 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Does Godzilla use his atomic breath in Mexico?
No, at least from what we can see onscreen. The fight is largely underwater and physical struggling.
Last edited by Vandarker on Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

No but altogether in the movie twice in Antarctica and 6 other times I believe

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:

It was an AMC Stubs Premiere Free Screening I found it online
Same!

Troyal1
Interpol Agent

Post by Troyal1 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Does it make the humming sound when he powers up?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So what is Ghidorah's posture in the movie when not flying? Is he upright, or hunched over? No wing walking?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

batzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by batzilla »

What songs play during the credits? The Blue Oyster Cult cover, Godzilla Main Title...anything else? Mothras Song?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So what is Ghidorah's posture in the movie when not flying? Is he upright, or hunched over? No wing walking?
Upright on two legs when he's facing Godzilla or striking a pose, on his fours when he's resting or facing smaller opponents. He does use his wings to support himself from time to time but he isn't a complete quadruped like Smaug. Godzilla2000Zero saw it other wise but my impression was that he isn't a natural wing "walker".
batzilla wrote:What songs play during the credits? The Blue Oyster Cult cover, Godzilla Main Title...anything else? Mothras Song?
Only the Blue Oyster Cult song and the Godzilla march.

Added in 39 seconds:
Troyal1 wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
He always makes the humming sound.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Ghidorah doesn't do much walking period IIRC.

He's always either flying or standing menacingly. Aside from the charge at Godzilla seen in the trailers, I don't recall much forward movement from Ghidorah.

Also, I believe Mothra's theme was in the end credits.
Last edited by GojiDog on Fri May 24, 2019 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

You know, I think I've noticed a pattern with the development of practically all of the new monsters.

Take Scylla for example: "what if we make a monster that looks like a giant ammonite, but with legs?"
Methuselah: "what if we make a monster that looks like a mountain, but with legs?"
Behemoth: "what if we make a monster that looks like a mammoth, but it has gorilla legs?"
MUTO: "what if we make a monster that looks like a staple-remover, but with legs?"
Skull Crawler: "what if we make a monster that looks like a monitor, but with only two legs?"

I think it's most noticeable with Scylla. I'm seriously wondering what the design team was thinking when they decided to created a leggy ammonite titan. It's not bad at all, I love his/her design, it's just kinda...odd.

Everybody gangsta 'till the ammonite starts walkin'.
Last edited by KaijuShill17 on Fri May 24, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Troyal1 wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Yeah it's the same effect from 2014

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Post by Can of Conspiracy »

Did any of those alleged practical effects make it into the final cut?

The ADI staff is included in the end credits, but only for "Conceptual Creature Design."
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.