Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by gottatalktothefake »

gridiron_kaiju wrote:Wait...people actually take YouTube reviews seriously?
Didn't you hear? Some schmuck on youtube not liking it means it's going to do HORRIBLY on RT
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I guess some of us are using a different youtube system because I genuinely cannot find negative KOTM reviews atm.
Well then, here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I_rId_7X6w

To not waste your time, they say the movie 'sucks ass' and ramble why it sucks (their reasoning is that the story is -------- and the characters are so mediocre), yet they gave the movie 2.5/5 and 3/5 respectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtnnQeUqXrE

This one is in Spanish so you may not understand it. The gist of it though is "We're here to see Godzilla! Godzilla is in the title after all! Not enough Godzilla!", but the acting from Serizawa and MBB were good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSY9YhLl4yk

Pretty mixed. Says the action is incredible, but the plot was very dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbRUnBDGrNM

Was very hyped, but got disappointed. Plot is really dumb

There is another which I have linked already a ton of pages back.
So I took a look at each review, they seem to all somehow have a similar mindset. They walked in expecting nonstop action with either 0 human elements, or double the human elements or somehow both.

The first pair were atrocious and really shouldn't be reviewing films, especially since they said Escape Room was a solid good movie lmao.

The one in Spanish is a bit better, but they're literally begging for a literal 60 minutes of Godzilla in a 2 hour movie, that just doesn't make sense, humans exist, this isn't some animated film.

The pretty mixed guy really doesn't watch Goji flicks and compared the film to Uprising, with people in the comments who've actually seen the film telling him he's off his rocker.

The last one completely rid of the like/dislike and loved Aladdin so I think he's questionable in how much we can trust his opinion.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 24, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Fuck. These 4 YouTube reviews have me worried. I mean these guys really know what they are talking about. We could really be fucked. I am going to take some time to myself for a bit. Maybe go for a walk. Off a pier
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GodzillaFan1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan1996 »

Gonna see Godzilla: King of The Monsters tomorrow for US Military personnel, I promise to watch it again on the 31st in imax and as many times as I can. I'm intoxicated, so I love you all and I will not spoil the movie for anyone on this site. Have a wonderful night!!!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzilla21 wrote:skreeonk. These 4 YouTube reviews have me worried. I mean these guys really know what they are talking about. We could really be skreeonked. I am going to take some time to myself for a bit. Maybe go for a walk. Off a pier
I'm already on a canoe in the middle of the Atlantic with bricks attached to my heels waiting for these youtube reviews to reveal that nice 6% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Godzilla21 wrote:skreeonk. These 4 YouTube reviews have me worried. I mean these guys really know what they are talking about. We could really be skreeonked. I am going to take some time to myself for a bit. Maybe go for a walk. Off a pier
Gyaos.....is that you?

Added in 25 seconds:
Also, this man Gyaos is on the Box Office Theory forums now starting a shitstorm. Haha
Long Live The King

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

>People are still freaking out over 5 negative reviews
>When we have literally 10x the amount of positive ones
Gyaos pls
GodzillaFan1996 wrote:Gonna see Godzilla: King of The Monsters tomorrow for US Military personnel, I promise to watch it again on the 31st in imax and as many times as I can. I'm intoxicated, so I love you all and I will not spoil the movie for anyone on this site. Have a wonderful night!!!
I've never seen you on here, but I love you too random person
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Fri May 24, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gyaos vs Legendzilla for the top spot

Added in 38 seconds:
GodzillaFan1996 wrote:Gonna see Godzilla: King of The Monsters tomorrow for US Military personnel, I promise to watch it again on the 31st in imax and as many times as I can. I'm intoxicated, so I love you all and I will not spoil the movie for anyone on this site. Have a wonderful night!!!
Love you too dude! Make sure you bring the whole unit!!

Added in 2 minutes 16 seconds:
Hokmuto wrote:
Gyaos.....is that you?

Added in 25 seconds:
Also, this man Gyaos is on the Box Office Theory forums now starting a shitstorm. Haha
Where lol? Any specific thread?

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Hokmuto wrote:
Gyaos.....is that you?

Added in 25 seconds:
He’s getting laughed at

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: Also, this man Gyaos is on the Box Office Theory forums now starting a shitstorm. Haha
Speaking of which, he got threadbanned. Lmao. Anyhow, here: https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topi ... /#comments
Long Live The King

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

I was worried at first, I thought there were scores of negative reviews being uncovered, but nah, 4

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:I was worried at first, I thought there were scores of negative reviews being uncovered, but nah, 4
Score and seven years ago
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: Also, this man Gyaos is on the Box Office Theory forums now starting a shitstorm. Haha
Speaking of which, he got threadbanned. Lmao. Anyhow, here: https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topi ... /#comments
Wow, there is some hatred in all of his comments
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

No need to start cross-board shit

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Hokmuto wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
lol. Glad to see him called out for the troll he is
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gyaos
Samurai

Post by Gyaos »

Fire Capers
@Fire_Capers
·
May 24
Saw #GodzillaMovie and it's not good at all. The final battle is great but the story and acting could not be worse. The post-credit scene isn't any fun and doesn't really set up Godzilla vs Kong. Huge disappointment.

GodzillaFan1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan1996 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Gyaos vs Legendzilla for the top spot

Added in 38 seconds:
Love you too dude! Make sure you bring the whole unit!!

Added in 2 minutes 16 seconds:
Hokmuto wrote:
Gyaos.....is that you?

Added in 25 seconds:
Trying to, the theater is a first come first serve event at 1230 so I have to be quick, you would not believe how many people in the Military are Godzilla Fans. I plan on heading over to the theater at like 1000, maybe even earlier.

Ps: I already purchased tickets at the local AMC theater for another early screening on the 30th at 1915, then 31st at 2130, and so on and so forth, it will be the first movie that I have seen multiple theater screenings for. I've been a Godzilla fan since I was 4 years old, Godzilla is my hero, along side my dad who introduced me to Godzilla with Godzilla vs Hedorah (90's Sci Fi channel recording), Godzilla vs King Kong, Godzilla Vs. Megalon, Godzilla Vs. Biollante, and Terror of MechaGodzilla (TNT's GodzillaBash '94 Recording) during Halloween of 2000 along side my brothers.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

We'll see if the tides change after tonight's screening, but given the sheer volume of positive reactions to mixed and negative reactions (86% are positive by the way, I've been keeping track) I doubt it at this point.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gyaos wrote:Fire Capers
@Fire_Capers
·
May 24
Saw #GodzillaMovie and it's not good at all. The final battle is great but the story and acting could not be worse. The post-credit scene isn't any fun and doesn't really set up Godzilla vs Kong. Huge disappointment.
This film is not getting fresh on RT, press F to pay respects. :roll:

Added in 53 seconds:
gottatalktothefake wrote:We'll see if the tides change after tonight's screening, but given the sheer volume of positive reactions to mixed and negative reactions (86% are positive by the way, I've been keeping track) I doubt it at this point.
I've kinda been keeping track a bit, but I'm sure you have the actual numbers, 86% definitely sounds accurate so far.

Better than G14 and K:SI with some weak elements that could be improved upon.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 24, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Obviously we’re biased as Godzilla fans but I really don’t see why this film would be hated all that much

It’s not going to be the best movie ever and some people are going to hate it no matter what but it’s a big and loud and explosive blockbuster movie and those are typical well-liked