Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Looks like we have another acquisition upon us

https://variety.com/2019/film/global/st ... 203216889/

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

The whole thing about NASA planning to let astronauts stay on the moon for long periods of time starting 2024 is pretty neat.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I don't know if this would go here but, earlier today Arnold Schwarzenegger got drop kicked at a South African Arnold event.

Good ol Conan the Barbarian, the T-800, the Commando himself was like a brick wall when that punk pulled his stunt. Arnold came out A-okay and thought a fan had pushed him, he later continued the event and told his fans online to turn their focus towards the talent at the Arnold Comp instead of the person trying to gain fame.

Class Act and a Legend all around.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat May 18, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

_JNavs_ wrote:I don't know if this would go here but, earlier today Arnold Schwarzenegger got drop kicked at a South African Arnold event.

Good ol Conan the Barbarian, the T-800, the Commando himself was like a brick wall when that punk pulled his stunt. Arnold came out A-okay and thought a fan had pushed him, he later continued the event and told his fans online to turn their focus towards the talent at the Arnold Comp instead of the person trying to gain fame.

Class Act and a Legend all around.
I love how he didn't even know he was kickboxed in the back until he saw the video! :lol:
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Donnie Dumb Dumb strikes again: will raise taxes 25% on game consoles with new tariffs.

These "taxation is theft!!!111!" GOPers have no leg to walk on now, LOL. :lol: Enjoy paying $600 for PS5/Xbox Scarlett.
Last edited by KManX89 on Fri May 24, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

KManX89 wrote:Donnie Dumb Dumb strikes again: will raise taxes 25% on game consoles with new tariffs.

These "taxation is theft!!!111!" GOPers have no leg to walk on now, LOL. :lol: Enjoy paying $600 for PS5/Xbox Scarlett.
Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics the GamerGate community will pull trying to defend him over this.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:Donnie Dumb Dumb strikes again: will raise taxes 25% on game consoles with new tariffs.

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics the GamerGate community will pull trying to defend him over this.
IKR? Watch them suddenly be ALL FOR raising taxes, it's gonna be hilarious to see.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sat May 25, 2019 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Kiryu
JXSDF Technician

Post by Darth Kiryu »

Bombs destroy apartment buildings in the new and exciting Sweden...

For anyone doubting, it was reported widely by all of Sweden's largest news outlets as well.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Trump Administration Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to resign.

So she's quitting her job of not holding White House press briefings...to spend more time not holding White House press briefings? Huh, I guess stick to what you know. Good riddance.
He/him/his

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I know that tensions between Iran and the United States have always been difficult at best; and as an American I find much of Iranian rhetoric disagreeable. As an anti-nuke guy, I do take nuclear agreements seriously, and find Trumps withdrawal, the the bullshit non commitment that the Iranian government have followed to be absolute bullshit.

However, I am currently completely outraged and beside myself at the prospect of another middle eastern war and pointless war. Especially when both sides are clearly being erroneous assholes. I firmly believe that honest people don’t want war, and it’s sickening to see this level of garbage.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I know that tensions between Iran and the United States have always been difficult at best; and as an American I find much of Iranian rhetoric disagreeable. As an anti-nuke guy, I do take nuclear agreements seriously, and find Trumps withdrawal, the the bullshit non commitment that the Iranian government have followed to be absolute bullshit.
Iran would have violated the agreement anyway. Remember Clinton and North Korea?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I know that tensions between Iran and the United States have always been difficult at best; and as an American I find much of Iranian rhetoric disagreeable. As an anti-nuke guy, I do take nuclear agreements seriously, and find Trumps withdrawal, the the bullshit non commitment that the Iranian government have followed to be absolute bullshit.
Iran would have violated the agreement anyway. Remember Clinton and North Korea?
Possibly, but going to war on a maybe, when European powers where saying Iran was FULLY complying is kind of insane. Also, I completely agree we don't need to go on another pointless war, but unlike many may believe, Iran wouldn't fall super easily. Based on their history, size, and other factors, a war with them would be FAR more costly in human lives than Iraq or Afghanistan.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

According to reports (and now confirmed by the man himself) President Trump had okayed limited strikes on IRGC radar and SAM sites but called it off at literally the last second
Greyshot151 wrote:Possibly, but going to war on a maybe, when European powers where saying Iran was FULLY complying is kind of insane. Also, I completely agree we don't need to go on another pointless war, but unlike many may believe, Iran wouldn't fall super easily. Based on their history, size, and other factors, a war with them would be FAR more costly in human lives than Iraq or Afghanistan.
In terms of casualties it would be more akin to Vietnam
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Greyshot151 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Possibly, but going to war on a maybe, when European powers where saying Iran was FULLY complying is kind of insane. Also, I completely agree we don't need to go on another pointless war, but unlike many may believe, Iran wouldn't fall super easily. Based on their history, size, and other factors, a war with them would be FAR more costly in human lives than Iraq or Afghanistan.

Except that this wouldn't be the only reason. Iran is largely responsible for what's going in Yemen, helped the insurgency in Iraq before ISIS came around, has been and still is funding Hezbollah in Lebanon, and attacking all those oil tankers. We have more then enough reasons to declare war on them when they already have provoke multiple actions that would be considered a declaration of war.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I think the notion of pulling out of the treaty was- as I heard the criticisms at the time of its creation- that it was a bad treaty. Sure, Iran was complying... because it lifted a ton of the sanctions against them, while imposing conditions that would slightly slow but in no way halt their nuclear progress. If they're patient, they'll still get everything they would've had with no treaty, and in the meantime, they also get a lifting of the economic sanctions designed to low them down in other ways and prevent them from engaging in some of the other aforementioned nefarious activities they're funding. In short; a chump's deal for us- one that gives away too much and gets too little in return, and didn't really solve the problem of a nuclear Iran, just barely delays it while freeing up their capital to do plenty of other evil elsewhere.

Again, that was my understanding; I'm no politician and haven't investigated the details for myself.

If that is indeed the case, then yes, pulling out of it and re-imposing sanctions that could be more effective would be a good idea- but only in preparation for a different, more successful solution. That's what we need; if the treaty was indeed a bad idea, then we need a better one to replace it. A solution other than an ineffective deal or a war that can accomplish the goals that either would seek to. Something that would be a solution.

I just don't know that anybody has that idea yet; and barring that, war may be seen as the only solution to permanently derail a nuclear Iran in a way that the treaty didn't.

My hope and prayer will be that someone can come up with that third option, and fast.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

Zarm wrote:I think the notion of pulling out of the treaty was- as I heard the criticisms at the time of its creation- that it was a bad treaty. Sure, Iran was complying... because it lifted a ton of the sanctions against them, while imposing conditions that would slightly slow but in no way halt their nuclear progress. If they're patient, they'll still get everything they would've had with no treaty, and in the meantime, they also get a lifting of the economic sanctions designed to low them down in other ways and prevent them from engaging in some of the other aforementioned nefarious activities they're funding. In short; a chump's deal for us- one that gives away too much and gets too little in return, and didn't really solve the problem of a nuclear Iran, just barely delays it while freeing up their capital to do plenty of other evil elsewhere.

Again, that was my understanding; I'm no politician and haven't investigated the details for myself.

If that is indeed the case, then yes, pulling out of it and re-imposing sanctions that could be more effective would be a good idea- but only in preparation for a different, more successful solution. That's what we need; if the treaty was indeed a bad idea, then we need a better one to replace it. A solution other than an ineffective deal or a war that can accomplish the goals that either would seek to. Something that would be a solution.

I just don't know that anybody has that idea yet; and barring that, war may be seen as the only solution to permanently derail a nuclear Iran in a way that the treaty didn't.

My hope and prayer will be that someone can come up with that third option, and fast.

Yes, that was basically it with the treaty. As for war, like it or not, but given all of Iran's actions starting with helping the insurgency in Iraq up to now via attacking the oil tankers and shooting down the one drone, war may be inevitable. The only question is, will Iran do something really reckless enough for us to declare it or do have to use a pre-emptive strike like Israel did against it's foes in the Six Day War back in 1967.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all issue joint statement AGAINST Trump's China tariffs that will cause console and other electronics prices to skyrocket.

If ever there was a time and place for all 3 major platform holders to set aside their differences and join forces (besides crossplay), Donnie Dumb Dumb's terrible tariffs that'll hurt their and other's business would seem to be that.

Unless you're okay with paying $600 for next-gen consoles, which Trump supporters apparently are. Yes, there actually ARE Trumpanzees defending this shit on other forums, never thought I'd see the day where conservatives would be all FOR raising taxes. :lol:

I seriously hope this comes back to bite Donnie Dumb Dumb in the ass and kills his reelection bid. Like I needed any more reason to hate Trump.
Last edited by KManX89 on Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:

Hey I'm all for it. They more the video game industry is hurting, the better.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.