"Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Post by Pkmatrix »

Sonic wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:
Sonic wrote:excuse my ignorance as I am fairly new to the mosterverse but is there a green or teal monster? green and teal are my favourite colours and it would be awesome if there was a monster of that colour. thanks to all.
The original Gigan should be right up your alley, I imagine. :)

Gorosaurus and Gaira are also green, while I suppose Gabara is sorta teal?
awesome, thank you oh so much.

Added in 2 minutes 3 seconds:
is Gaira supposed to be a deformed Frankenstein or something?
Basically, yes.

Toho's Frankenstein has incredible regenerative powers (in Frankenstein Conquers the World, the heart of Frankenstein's monster is transported from Nazi Germany to Japan in 1945, where it is exposed to radiation when the atom bomb is dropped on Hiroshima), where by the 1960s it has regrown into a teenage boy (who, naturally, keeps growing and becomes a giant). War of the Gargantuas is sort of a sequel (it clearly is intended to be, but they changed a bunch of the details between the two films) where in the aftermath of FCTW one of Frankenstein's limbs is washed out to sea and grows into a second creature, the malevolent man-eating Gaira, while the original creature recovers and becomes the benevolent and friendly Sanda.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

thank you for the info!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Original and new monsters and realism yo! Nothing but original and new monsters and realism! After all that's what you guys would rather want no!?
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 24, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Original and new monsters and realism yo! Nothing but original and new monsters and realism! After all that's what you guys would rather want no!?
It's kinda weird how often you make comments like this, dude. :|
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Still don't like the idea of Gigan being a revived MUTO, I just feel like it takes something away from Gigan. Also because the male muto was very animalistic and plain in nature, while in contrast Gigan's always had a colorful evil vibe to him.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Smuggers wrote:It's kinda weird how often you make comments like this, dude. :|
Aren't those the things that you guys want though? I'm just tagging along. :?

For real though its just to call out on folks that argues that's what it should stay as and then argue with folks who'd want the other thing otherwise like Toho monsters and moving from realism.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 24, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Smuggers wrote:It's kinda weird how often you make comments like this, dude. :|
Aren't those the things that you guys want though? I'm just tagging along. :?
Not when they’re coming from you lol.

All you do is post the same shit over and over, we go over this every week it seems. Might as well just have the whole board put you on mute since it doesn’t seem you’re ever going to post anything of relevance that you haven’t already said a billion-trillion times. We’ve already heard all you ever have to say it seems :lol:
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri May 24, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Aren't those the things that you guys want though? I'm just tagging along. :?

For real though its just to call out on folks that argues that's what it should stay as and then argue with folks who'd want the other thing otherwise like Toho monsters and moving from realism.
So many of those comments were made before people knew much about KotM, man. When the Monsterverse was comprised solely of a scaly bear beating on some bugs and a giant monkey swatting helicopters, people were tempering their expectations and expecting more of the status quo.

You already made a perfectly reasonable post in this thread, I'm just confused as to why you came and called out people on a discussion that wasn't even happening. Where are all these "REALISM AND NEW MONSTERS ONLY!!!" comments? I haven't seen anything like that in ages, and even then they weren't really that extreme. :?
Last edited by Smuggers on Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Smuggers wrote:So many of those comments were made before people knew much about KotM, man. When the Monsterverse was comprised solely of a scaly bear beating on some bugs and a giant monkey swatting helicopters, people were tempering their expectations and expecting more of the status quo.

You already made a perfectly reasonable post in this thread, I'm just confused as to why you came and called out people on a discussion that wasn't even happening. Where are all these "REALISM AND NEW MONSTERS ONLY!!!" comments? I haven't seen anything like that in ages, and even then they weren't really that extreme. :?
Try arguing that with Ryguy and Sensei who says it can't go over the top crazy like Gamera...-_-

That said though I truly hope what you say are right because if the MonsterVerse is to continue I'd like it to begin moving from the realism and go into more alien and mystical routes.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:[Try arguing that with Ryguy and Sensei who says it can't go over the top crazy like Gamera...
I haven’t seen either in a while, actually
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Still don't like the idea of Gigan being a revived MUTO, I just feel like it takes something away from Gigan. Also because the male muto was very animalistic and plain in nature, while in contrast Gigan's always had a colorful evil vibe to him.
Well, my thinking is that this would be the most meaningful way to get Gigan to want to fight Godzilla. Every other time it wasn't really because Gigan wanted to or needed to, it was because he was ordered to by whichever alien invader he was currently working for. Plus, it gives him an actual backstory - something he's never really had. Yeah, the MUTO was more animalistic in his personality, but we can explain away his new personality and new more colorful behavior to being a result of both whatever process led to his creation combined with his personal grudge against Godzilla. :)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I don't know if I said it in this thread but one way I'd love to see Gigan introduced is seemingly this new and original monster that comes from space only to be defeated and killed by Godzilla then gets revived as a cyborg.

Be a pretty nice twist wouldn't you guys think? :)

Cloverfield48
Samurai

Post by Cloverfield48 »

All what i just want from Monsterverse is:
1. Godzilla's son. Like Heisei please. Maybe add more personality and love to Human. This arc needs to be in 2 or 3 films.
2. Godzilla as villian/antagonist, who chooses to absorb all nuclear energy and wipe out Humanity. May be this is must be Final film. Of course we need motivation for this, so builup needs to be in previous film. And to this moment, people who watches all films must be sure what Godzilla is impossible to be beaten. So GvK he wins, and next movies too. And in Final part he destroys humanity in some kind of apocalyptic, or even post apocalyptic environment. Yeah, of course he will be stopped by his son:)

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I want to see this.

The 'Adam skeleton' turns out to be Godzilla's younger brother. He gets revived as Kiryu but flies off. It turns out that Gigan killed him and the MUTO's were scavenging his body. Godzilla fights Gigan and some other monster, Megalon or Biollante and Kiryu joins in. It would basically be a modern day version of Godzilla vs. Gigan. Eventually, the brothers defeat and kill Gigan while Biollante retreats.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I like the idea of Godzilla becoming the villain. Maybe through out the film you get Godzilla vs his son, who do we root for? Godzilla the villain? Or Godzilla's son the hero?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat May 25, 2019 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

These ideas are literal trash, what the hell :lol:

And some of you actually think what you’re saying sounds “cool”.

Sheesh.
Facts don't care about your feelings

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Ben Shapiro wrote:These ideas are literal trash, what the hell :lol:

And some of you actually think what you’re saying sounds “cool”.

Sheesh.
They're ideas on an old thread on an old forum lol, they're not meant to be grandiose, they're literally throw it at the wall and see what sticks scenarios.

The Gigan idea is solid though. So maybe cool it with the arrogance and list some ideas instead of cosplaying Ben Shapiro on a Godzilla forum and telling other people their ideas are trash?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat May 25, 2019 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

You don’t have to be a chef to recognize bad food.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

You do if you want the right to criticize it lol.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote:You do if you want the right to criticize it lol.
So now nobody can review anything unless they’re an expert in the field. You heard it here first.