Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla ² General Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by LockBite »

Dv-218 wrote:
LockBite wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
I mean, tbh, they never state where the city is exactly located in the movie if the reactions are accurate. And even then, it's honestly a pretty minor detail. Godzilla is a giant creature- for all we know, the entire body of water that consists of all of earth's oceans might be considered his home.
The time it would take him to swim from the Pacific to Boston - even in a figurative straight line under the continents - would rob the film of dramatic weight and urgency. Obviously that’s not what they’re going for. It’s the Atlantic he’s holed up in after the Mexico battle.

The real question is, WHY is he hanging out in the Pacific to the point where he’s synonymous with the region, if his home base is really in the Atlantic? They’re trying to have their cake and eat it too, but they’d be better off either making Godzilla a western creature, or having the final battle take place in Seattle or something. As it stands, it feels pretty contrived. :|
I legit fail to understand what do you find contrived about this. How in the fresh hell is his resting place and indicator of what culture he's associated with? He's a giant 400ft tall sea reptile, he just swims where he wants lol. The entire system of oceans is his domain.
It’s not just where he was. It’s who surrounded him at one point. The Atlanteans are synonymous with Western mythology.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Does anyone remember when people put their computer clocks forward in time and saw new images in Monarch Sciences before they were uploaded? Has anyone tried that now?

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Does anyone remember when people put their computer clocks forward in time and saw new images in Monarch Sciences before they were uploaded? Has anyone tried that now?
I tried that last week or something and nothing special.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Vandarker wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Does anyone remember when people put their computer clocks forward in time and saw new images in Monarch Sciences before they were uploaded? Has anyone tried that now?
I tried that last week or something and nothing special.
I mean, it's closer to the release now so they should be loading the images.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

LockBite wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
LockBite wrote: Why the heck is his home in the Atlantic if he’s supposed to be synonymous with the Pacific? So they can be like “Ooh ah, it’s Atlantis!”? So they can have the final battle be in Boston? It’s awkward and counterintuitive. Hopefully the movie tells me something that I haven’t been told already and I learn why this incongruity is there.
I mean, tbh, they never state where the city is exactly located in the movie if the reactions are accurate. And even then, it's honestly a pretty minor detail. Godzilla is a giant creature- for all we know, the entire body of water that consists of all of earth's oceans might be considered his home.
The time it would take him to swim from the Pacific to Boston - even in a figurative straight line under the continents - would rob the film of dramatic weight and urgency. Obviously that’s not what they’re going for. It’s the Atlantic he’s holed up in after the Mexico battle.

The real question is, WHY is he hanging out in the Pacific to the point where he’s synonymous with the region, if his home base is really in the Atlantic? They’re trying to have their cake and eat it too, but they’d be better off either making Godzilla a western creature, or having the final battle take place in Seattle or something. As it stands, it feels pretty contrived. :|
You dont think your nitpickin just a little?

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Dv-218 wrote:Ngl, "Battle of Boston" might join the ranks of my favorite tracks ever put in a Godzilla movie. The sense of power, emotion, instruments and badass chanting...it just hits all of the right notes. Listened to it 4 times already, can't stop lol.
Same! I just wish the epicness of the first 1:15 repeated itself. still mind blowing. I feel like crying... I might just cry when I watch it on max in 4 days.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

OK, so I avoided the spoiler thread before seeing the movie, so I knew very little going into the film.

I didn't know the bowing scene was something people were worried about, but let me say, its awesome. I loved it, and it was the perfect thing to close on.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Holy crap, that was amazing.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
Holy crap, that was amazing.
hype level 3000

Viento Norte
Yojimbo

Post by Viento Norte »

"Just relax Rodan!" :lol:

KaijuShill17
Monsterland Worker

Post by KaijuShill17 »

Dang, that was awesome! I love that they used the same song that played when Godzilla got his Lifetime Achievement Award back in the '90s.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Lets get more gifs of that!

EternalMothra
Samurai

Post by EternalMothra »

Viento Norte wrote:"Just relax Rodan!" :lol:

Mothra b****-slapping Rodan is a truly glorious moment. Love it!

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

DAMN that is an AMAZING tv spot!!
Everything I see of Godzilla just reinforces the fact that this is the best Godzilla has ever been (to me, of course...)
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Fri May 24, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

So I've seen people scaling the Titans in power level, something like this.

Ghidorah 10
Godzilla 9 (12 fire Godzilla)

Rodan 8
Mothra 6

Mutos 5/6

So, where does 2014 Godzilla fall into here? The Mutos gave Godzilla a fight. I'd think that Godzilla would be a 7/8 if the Mutos are 5/6? Is there a canonical explanation as to why Godzilla is more powerful at baseline here?

Could it be that 2014 Godzilla just woke up etc? Based off the scaling, it seems KotM Rodan could handle 2014 Godzilla
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

EternalMothra
Samurai

Post by EternalMothra »

Jaqua92 wrote:So I've seen people scaling the Titans in power level, something like this.

Ghidorah 10

Rodan 8
Mothra 6

Mutos 5/6

So, where does 2014 Godzilla fall into here? The Mutos gave Godzilla a fight. I'd think that Godzilla would be a 7/8 if the Mutos are 5/6? Is there a canonical explanation as to why Godzilla is more powerful at baseline here?

Could it be that 2014 Godzilla just woke up etc? Based off the scaling, it seems KotM Rodan could handle 2014 Godzilla
Considering Mothra actually overpowers Rodan at a certain point, wouldn't we consider them even? lol

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Jaqua92 wrote:So I've seen people scaling the Titans in power level, something like this.

Ghidorah 10

Rodan 8
Mothra 6

Mutos 5/6

Godzilla 2014 would be a 7 Rodan probably could defeat him
The more radiation Godzilla absorbs the stronger he get
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

He’ll just explode though and who knows if it’d destroy every piece.
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri May 24, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Haha wow. I haven’t been on this thread for a while so not sure if it was already said, but someone posted the end credits scene on YT.
Long Live The King