"Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Re: "Godzilla 3" - Looking into the next POSSIBLE solo Godzilla outing

Post by Grievous »

Maritonic wrote:I think they're doing a pretty good job of being fresh as it is. Shin was able to show us things we've never seen before, and things we have seen from new and different angles. The anime series has shown us a lot of new concepts we haven't seen. KOTM is a different animal, but I think even judging by the trailers, it looks fresh and fun.
I agree in regards to "Shin" & the Anime series...but I wouldn't
call a Hollywood remake of Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster
"fresh" as fun as its going to be.

I think the series needs another vs. Hedorah or vs. Biollante...
something completely left-field & different.

I mean...that's just what I'd like to see...but then...I am a bit
weird.
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

If they were to make a third installment, I believe that Godzilla would have to face a new and totally original enemy, but he would not rule out the other Kaijus de Toho, as secondary in the hypothetical case that the Monsterverse was extended.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

LegendZilla wrote:I think they should introduce an offspring of Godzilla. So long as it isn’t along the lines of Minya.
has zilla' ever had an offspring?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Sonic wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I think they should introduce an offspring of Godzilla. So long as it isn’t along the lines of Minya.
Well, yeah. Minilla, Baby/Little/Junior, the Baby Zillas and Zilla Jr. for G'98, the younger Godzilla in POTM...

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Sonic wrote:
Well, yeah. Minilla, Baby/Little/Junior, the Baby Zillas and Zilla Jr. for G'98, the younger Godzilla in POTM...
The younger anime Godzilla is Godzilla Filius.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

thanks

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:The younger anime Godzilla is Godzilla Filius.
Ah, thanks! I couldn't remember the name. :)

Added in 13 minutes 51 seconds:
Sonic wrote:thanks
You're welcome! :)

I wouldn't mind seeing some version of Godzilla Jr. introduced in the MonsterVerse eventually. I've thought for years a movie based on that episode from Godzilla: The Series where Godzilla falls in love and tries to start a family, only for the other monster to be killed by the episode's big bad would work well for an updated Son of Godzilla movie. You could even combine it a bit with plot points from GvSG and/or GvD - like, have it be Destroyah as the movie's villain, Destroyah kills Godzilla's mate and kidnaps the baby to lure him into a trap, leading to our final confrontation.

I wouldn't do that for Godzilla 3, but I think it's a worthwhile idea for down the road somewhere. :)

I see a few options for Godzilla 3:

Godzilla vs. Gigan and Biollante - This was one of Mike Dougherty's suggestions, and one I think has a lot of potential. In my version, I'd do the whole "MUTOs become Gigan" thing people suggested years ago, only I'd specifically use Hokmuto from G'14. However it happens, Hokmuto's remains are revived and he becomes the cyborg Gigan - maybe intended as a superweapon, maybe as some sort of accident due to Monarch or the military messing with nanomachines or alien/forgotten ancient tech - only, he still retains all of his memories, and we make it clear he saw Godzilla kill his mate in San Francisco before he died. And so Gigan spends the movie hunting Godzilla seeking revenge, wanting to slowly torture Godzilla and setting traps for him. In the meanwhile you have the Biollante subplot, with Biollante being the big opponent at the end. I think there's a ton of dramatic potential there using both Gigan and Biollante like this.

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla - This is my personal preference, with Mechagodzilla basically being an alien silicon-based lifeform that chooses to take on the likeness of Godzilla resulting in an unstoppable robotic duplicate. Kinda like '70s Mechagodzilla, but with no masters.

I also think the post-credit scene of KOTM is actually a hint toward Godzilla 3, not Godzilla vs. Kong as most seem to think.
Spoiler:
I think the scene is actually hinting toward either Mecha-King Ghidorah, or a cloned Ghidorah, which will be created by Alan Jonah's organization in an attempt to complete what they set out to do in KOTM. Since there's nothing released about GvK - either in press releases or hinted at in KOTM's end credits - to suggest that, I suspect this is an easter egg setting up for Godzilla 3.
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

My short list of Toho monsters I'd like to see return are Gigan, Anguirus, Biollante, Destroyah, and if they gave Gorosauras a cameo, I'd be cool with that, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

Post by Final Godzilla E »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:The younger anime Godzilla is Godzilla Filius.
Ah, thanks! I couldn't remember the name. :)

Added in 13 minutes 51 seconds:
Sonic wrote:thanks
You're welcome! :)

I wouldn't mind seeing some version of Godzilla Jr. introduced in the MonsterVerse eventually. I've thought for years a movie based on that episode from Godzilla: The Series where Godzilla falls in love and tries to start a family, only for the other monster to be killed by the episode's big bad would work well for an updated Son of Godzilla movie. You could even combine it a bit with plot points from GvSG and/or GvD - like, have it be Destroyah as the movie's villain, Destroyah kills Godzilla's mate and kidnaps the baby to lure him into a trap, leading to our final confrontation.

I wouldn't do that for Godzilla 3, but I think it's a worthwhile idea for down the road somewhere. :)

I see a few options for Godzilla 3:

Godzilla vs. Gigan and Biollante - This was one of Mike Dougherty's suggestions, and one I think has a lot of potential. In my version, I'd do the whole "MUTOs become Gigan" thing people suggested years ago, only I'd specifically use Hokmuto from G'14. However it happens, Hokmuto's remains are revived and he becomes the cyborg Gigan - maybe intended as a superweapon, maybe as some sort of accident due to Monarch or the military messing with nanomachines or alien/forgotten ancient tech - only, he still retains all of his memories, and we make it clear he saw Godzilla kill his mate in San Francisco before he died. And so Gigan spends the movie hunting Godzilla seeking revenge, wanting to slowly torture Godzilla and setting traps for him. In the meanwhile you have the Biollante subplot, with Biollante being the big opponent at the end. I think there's a ton of dramatic potential there using both Gigan and Biollante like this.

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla - This is my personal preference, with Mechagodzilla basically being an alien silicon-based lifeform that chooses to take on the likeness of Godzilla resulting in an unstoppable robotic duplicate. Kinda like '70s Mechagodzilla, but with no masters.

I also think the post-credit scene of KOTM is actually a hint toward Godzilla 3, not Godzilla vs. Kong as most seem to think.
Spoiler:
I think the scene is actually hinting toward either Mecha-King Ghidorah, or a cloned Ghidorah, which will be created by Alan Jonah's organization in an attempt to complete what they set out to do in KOTM. Since there's nothing released about GvK - either in press releases or hinted at in KOTM's end credits - to suggest that, I suspect this is an easter egg setting up for Godzilla 3.
Wait! Dougherty suggested Godzilla Vs Gigan and Biollante? He really has some mind to make good movies,Will he be the director of Godzilla Vs Kong as well?

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

The twist will be that Ghidorah and the Oxygen Destroyer will be fused to create Destroyah
Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri May 24, 2019 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Final Godzilla E wrote:Wait! Dougherty suggested Godzilla Vs Gigan and Biollante? He really has some mind to make good movies,Will he be the director of Godzilla Vs Kong as well?
While suggestions about how to bring in Gigan are my own, it was Dougherty who suggested Gigan and Biollante for Godzilla 3 back in January:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Director Reveals Kaiju He Wants in Sequel

Unfortunately, he didn't direct Godzilla vs. Kong, Adam Wingard handled that one. But, since Godzilla 3 hasn't officially been announced, if KOTM does well it's very possible they'll ask Dougherty to come back for it. :)
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Fri May 24, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

Post by Final Godzilla E »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Final Godzilla E wrote:Wait! Dougherty suggested Godzilla Vs Gigan and Biollante? He really has some mind to make good movies,Will he be the director of Godzilla Vs Kong as well?
While suggestions about how to bring in Gigan are my own, it was Dougherty who suggested Gigan and Biollante for Godzilla 3 back in January:

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Director Reveals Kaiju He Wants in Sequel

Unfortunately, he didn't direct Godzilla vs. Kong, Adam Wingard handled that one. But, since Godzilla 3 hasn't officially been announced, if KOTM does well it's very possible they'll ask Dougherty to come back for it. :)
Dougherty seems like an old school fan of Godzilla,So i would trust him to do Godzilla Vs Kong,But this is just me.

I have read about your idea of Godzilla.Jr in the MonsterVerse and it is really good,I hope they do include him in the MonsterVerse but with a different personality,Like one less focused to humans.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Let's make his kid, actually his kid this time around. I want him to look like a member of his species. None of the cute stuff.

Or if you're going to make him cute, make him cute in a natural way, like a baby elephant, or a baby lizard, they're not "cute" because they look like kittens, they're cute because they look like smaller stumpier versions of the parent.

I'm on board with the Gigan/Biollante idea Dougherty has for the 3rd film. I've also been rooting for them to make a MUTO Gigan, but I'd like to see his limbs so mechanical in nature, that you hear the gears press, the chains rattle, the metal clanking, every time he takes a step. Like rusted pipes. I can see him just rising out of the water or something, water just pouring from all in between his leg mechanics. Absolutely pissed that Godzilla killed his mate and thereby ruining any chance he had of continuing their species. The traps could be things like bear traps in the middle of the city, hooks that dig into his chest, of course the classic chest blades.

Maybe during the third act, when Godzilla is getting his skreeonk whooped by Biollante, Gigan could pull a New Goblin and switch teams, taking on the bigger threat. Though if done wrong, it could be pretty cliche.

Have him die midway through the 2 v 1, then a post credits scene could consist of Monarch building a new weapon, one completely mechanical. ;)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 24, 2019 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I'd be cool to see him fight Kong in the third movie.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Final Godzilla E wrote:Dougherty seems like an old school fan of Godzilla,So i would trust him to do Godzilla Vs Kong,But this is just me.

I have read about your idea of Godzilla.Jr in the MonsterVerse and it is really good,I hope they do include him in the MonsterVerse but with a different personality,Like one less focused to humans.
Thanks! :D
_JNavs_ wrote:Let's make his kid, actually his kid this time around. I want him to look like a member of his species. None of the cute stuff.

Or if you're going to make him cute, make him cute in a natural way, like a baby elephant, or a baby lizard, they're not "cute" because they look like kittens, they're cute because they look like smaller stumpier versions of the parent.

I'm on board with the Gigan/Biollante idea Dougherty has for the 3rd film. I've also been rooting for them to make a MUTO Gigan, but I'd like to see his limbs so mechanical in nature, that you hear the gears press, the chains rattle, the metal clanking, every time he takes a step. Like rusted pipes. I can see him just rising out of the water or something, water just pouring from all in between his leg mechanics. Absolutely pissed that Godzilla killed his mate and thereby ruining any chance he had of continuing their species. The traps could be things like bear traps in the middle of the city, hooks that dig into his chest, of course the classic chest blades.

Maybe during the third act, when Godzilla is getting his skreeonk whooped by Biollante, Gigan could pull a New Goblin and switch teams, taking on the bigger threat. Though if done wrong, it could be pretty cliche.

Have him die midway through the 2 v 1, then a post credits scene could consist of Monarch building a new weapon, one completely mechanical. ;)
Oh, I love it! :D I gotta keep my expectations in check, because as much as I love this idea I don't want to disappoint myself if/when they do something else. :lol:

Another thought, which ties into KOTM:
Spoiler:
This could also be an interesting way to utilize the new female MUTO they've introduced. Like, at some point Gigan meets her and they have a moment, but she ends up rejecting him...maybe she's frightened of him because of what he's become, which leads to - ironically - Godzilla coming to her rescue, since she's one of the Titans who submitted to him at the end of KOTM. Which just deepens the hatred and resentment Gigan has for Godzilla...
Geez, I really hope they do the "Hokmuto = Gigan" thing, there's SO MUCH dramatic potential there for Gigan and Godzilla!

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

excuse my ignorance as I am fairly new to the mosterverse but is there a green or teal monster? green and teal are my favourite colours and it would be awesome if there was a monster of that colour. thanks to all.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Sonic wrote:excuse my ignorance as I am fairly new to the mosterverse but is there a green or teal monster? green and teal are my favourite colours and it would be awesome if there was a monster of that colour. thanks to all.
There's Gigan from the Showa era. Any Little Godzilla from the old movies, Manda etc.

Unless you mean the Monsterverse specifically, in which case there's only Mothra.

Added in 1 minute 16 seconds:
Pkmatrix wrote: Oh, I love it! :D I gotta keep my expectations in check, because as much as I love this idea I don't want to disappoint myself if/when they do something else. :lol:

Another thought, which ties into KOTM:
Spoiler:
This could also be an interesting way to utilize the new female MUTO they've introduced. Like, at some point Gigan meets her and they have a moment, but she ends up rejecting him...maybe she's frightened of him because of what he's become, which leads to - ironically - Godzilla coming to her rescue, since she's one of the Titans who submitted to him at the end of KOTM. Which just deepens the hatred and resentment Gigan has for Godzilla...
Geez, I really hope they do the "Hokmuto = Gigan" thing, there's SO MUCH dramatic potential there for Gigan and Godzilla!
It's funny, I was reading the G 2 Speculation thread yesterday, and I went to the first few pages from back in 2014, I noticed you were right on the money with your predictions 5 years in advance! lol. So hopefully this does end up coming into fruition.

I could definitely see a lot of dramatic potential/character building with Gigan.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 24, 2019 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Sonic wrote:excuse my ignorance as I am fairly new to the mosterverse but is there a green or teal monster? green and teal are my favourite colours and it would be awesome if there was a monster of that colour. thanks to all.
The original Gigan should be right up your alley, I imagine. :)

Gorosaurus and Gaira are also green, while I suppose Gabara is sorta teal?
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Fri May 24, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

I would absolutely love it if Gigan and Biollante were 2 of the villains in G3. It would be badass to see Gigan's origins. He's one of my favorites and he would look amazing in the Monsterverse underneath Michael Dougherty's vision. Some what i've seen, I trust Dougherty doing another Godzilla movie

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Pkmatrix wrote:
The original Gigan should be right up your alley, I imagine. :)

Gorosaurus and Gaira are also green, while I suppose Gabara is sorta teal?
awesome, thank you oh so much.

Added in 2 minutes 3 seconds:
is Gaira supposed to be a deformed Frankenstein or something?