Godzilla: Aftershock Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla: Aftershock Spoiler Thread

Post by Olzh26 »

Tyrant28 wrote:They don’t say the Mutos themselves causes Mass Extinction events, just the the “two chambers correspond the mass extinctions of earth’s history”. Which could mean either they played apart of some mass extinctions or The Muto Prime was just active around those times. Honestly it could just be the writers incorrectly using the word mass extinction considering they immediately talk about how the Mutos causes the dark ages right after.
And about Emma's assumption about the muto cycle. Was this in the comic?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Olzh26 wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:They don’t say the Mutos themselves causes Mass Extinction events, just the the “two chambers correspond the mass extinctions of earth’s history”. Which could mean either they played apart of some mass extinctions or The Muto Prime was just active around those times. Honestly it could just be the writers incorrectly using the word mass extinction considering they immediately talk about how the Mutos causes the dark ages right after.
And about Emma's assumption about the muto cycle. Was this in the comic?
Yes the theory of the Muto Prime being the final stage of a Female Mutos and that the Mutos overrun their environment before eventually turning on each other and leaving a single individual behind was mention by Emma in the comic.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Fri May 17, 2019 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Any mammoth in this?

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Sonic wrote:Any mammoth in this?
Oh no.....
Long Live The King

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Hokmuto wrote:
Oh no.....
Let's not bait the guy or stir anything because the guy likes his mammoth, mmk?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

Maritonic wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
Oh no.....
Let's not bait the guy or stir anything because the guy likes his mammoth, mmk?
thank you... it's nice to be ridiculed for my love of mammoths.

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Sonic just troll their questions only about the mammoth

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Olzh26 wrote:Sonic just troll their questions only about the mammoth
Or, how about no trolling at all? Maybe? Just have civil conversations, let people like what they like? I dunno. I guess that's just too alien a concept to people.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

What’s your problem dude? Like seriously I have hurt or ridiculed not one person. Let people like what they like...

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

Sonic wrote:
What’s your problem dude? Like seriously I have hurt or ridiculed not one person. Let people like what they like...
ok, I'm sorry

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

So from my humble understanding Jinshin-Mushi is a more advanced version of a female muto and appears to use sonic based abilities to cause earthquakes and has a sonic roar attack.

Well on the life cycle end of things this means that we have two options:

1) Female Muto reproduce asexually and the Male serves as a scout/hunter/aerial support until they can advance to their mature state. This is the theory I used to subscribe to and am leaning towards again now.

2) The female mates with he male but is able to make use of his sperm for the rest of her life. Not impossible but less likely.

I like Jinshin-Mushi and it's powers but... dose it still have it's EMP ability? These sonic abilities just feel a little odd and not quit what you'd expect a natural progression of this species powers to be. It kind of feels like they did to the Muto what they are likely going to have to do to Kong, an out of left field power boost/ability gain so they even stand a chance against the power scale King of the Monsters is rising the franchise to.
Last edited by Monster X on Sun May 19, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Got mine from Barnes and Noble and cancelled my Amazon order. This was alright. It kind of feels like about what you'd see as a two hour movie or so. Still I kept expecting Jonah Alan to come back one more time but he's sort of out of the story. I figured they were setting up Atherton as the traitor but turn out to be good, yeah he's not so bad. But I thought maybe Tarkan was going to be secretly working with Alan or something.

I really like see more of Monarch along with Brooks appearing briefly. I like Muto Prime and love that the enemy nature between the Mutos and Godzillas is more pronounced. I like how in some shots from the front Prime's face kind of looks human, creepy. I am a little confused though how exactly the sound thing ended up helping defeat Prime anyway.

Only real complaint I have is some of the monster panels are hard to tell what's going on. Like the panel where Godzilla starts to fight Prime the final time is he like butting into him from the side or was that a tail swipe? The sonic attack was cool as well as Godzilla basically doing a thermal pulse I guess? I do like how his breathe attack is utilized a little less like in 2014 but I wish he shot it one more time.

Yeah pretty fun little piece before the movie. I liked it more than Awakening for sure. Mind you all I did like the Shinomaru in that one.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

daveblackeye15 wrote: I am a little confused though how exactly the sound thing ended up helping defeat Prime anyway.
The sound made MUTO Prime think that its eggs were already inside Godzilla, making it leave and giving her opponent the opportunity to strike.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah i re-read bits of it. Now what did not help was I thought that Jinshin had planted eggs into Godzilla in France. Hence them commenting after the third battle that Godzilla looked bad and that he would not survive another encounter, nah it was just that Jinshin was super strong. So I thought 'wait...doesn't Godzilla still have two eggs in him? Did that thermal pulse destroy those too or the sound did?'

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

daveblackeye15 wrote:Yeah i re-read bits of it. Now what did not help was I thought that Jinshin had planted eggs into Godzilla in France. Hence them commenting after the third battle that Godzilla looked bad and that he would not survive another encounter, nah it was just that Jinshin was super strong. So I thought 'wait...doesn't Godzilla still have two eggs in him? Did that thermal pulse destroy those too or the sound did?'
From what I know, Jinshin Mushi doesn't plant eggs in Godzilla.
She almost does, but Godzilla injures her before she can.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Muto PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! :P
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

My copy came today. Very enjoyable read. Love the cameo by the Death Jakal, guess they did bring some specimens back from Skull Island. Was surprised by how they explained how Godzilla's plates changed between movies, was expecting them to go with mutation but no, an injury and he's regrowing them. Liking that Adam or should I say Dagon or Raijin got some more development other than "hey here's a dead Godzilla" in G 2014. At least I'm assuming it's supposed to be the same one as the skeleton they found, since Godzilla is an entire species. Like that MUTO Prime has a teal colored blood. We now know Aaron was rescued from Skull Island.

Also loved that Godzilla used his own injury to beat the MUTO Prime, using his leaking reactor as a sort of psudo Nuclear Pulse, that was a different take on a classic move. Only have 3 complaints and they're pretty minor.

1. King Ghidorah's cameo: It's cool and all but this takes place in 2014. He's icy prison shouldn't be found till 2016. Unless that's a cave painting then there's nothing wrong and it's just 2 complaints.

2. Godzilla only uses his Atomic Breath once, and it's off panel. Hey I'm not saying he should spam the thing but the Muto's are to Godzilla's species what Skullcralwers are to the Kongs.

3. MUTO Prime's profile does not mention it's Sonic Roar.
Kaiju-King42 wrote:Image

Muto PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! :P
:lol:

Added in 41 minutes 5 seconds:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:So how does Muto Prime get defeated?
After the Muto Prime breaks Godzilla’s spines with a sonic roar, Godzilla pulls a maneuver where he gets her on his back and basically does thing Burning Godzilla did with energy spewing out his back. That attack launches her into the sky and cripples her when she lands, leaving Godzilla to finish her off by stomping her head in.

Yeah the Muto Prime’s face is weird human, even has teeth like that of a human. Feel like when they were designing it they really didn’t understand the design process of the G14’s Mutos.
Christ this Godzilla really comes up with inventive kills doesn't he.
FINISH HER!!

FATALITY

Added in 18 minutes 35 seconds:
NSZ wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:I have a hard time believing the earth even in its earliest stages could support an entire species like Godzilla never mind the new Titans, KG, Rodan, Mothra, and the MUTOs.
If you can suspend your disbelief over them not collapsing under their own weight, being able to fire beams, generate/activate EMP fields, and survive in conditions that even tardigrades would perish in, you can suspend your disbelief over something as simple as this. C'mon.
You know, we used to not think about this shit as kids when watching Godzilla movies. We just watched the movies and had fun.

Added in 1 minute 10 seconds:
Dv-218 wrote:Not to mention, Ghidorah's mere ability of generating storms that completely fuck up the earth's atmosphere are a pretty clear indicator he might not be of earthly origin.
Makes me wonder what his world is like. If creating storms is a trait for his whole species and not just the individual we see in the movie than that planet is a nightmare to live on.

Added in 12 minutes 29 seconds:
Monster X wrote:
I like Jinshin-Mushi and it's powers but... dose it still have it's EMP ability? These sonic abilities just feel a little odd and not quit what you'd expect a natural progression of this species powers to be. It kind of feels like they did to the Muto what they are likely going to have to do to Kong, an out of left field power boost/ability gain so they even stand a chance against the power scale King of the Monsters is rising the franchise to.
Monarch Sciences says King Ghidorah has a storm on Skull Island so if they do give him a power maybe's he'll inherit King Ghidorah's lightning?

In the past I would have been cool with Kong getting his lighting powers back as a nod to the Toho Kong. Now though, I actually prefer Kong not get any powers as I feel that him being able to fight and possibly beat Godzilla would be more impressive than it already is as it'd essentially be like a normal person beating someone with super powers. But if they have to give him powers getting Ghidorah's lightning from his storm would make some sense as a mutation instead of just "oh this Kong grew up to have lightning powers because we said so".

Still hope he is just a badass noraml for GvsK (as normal as a giant monster can be).
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

When is it supposed to be on Comixology?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SG-17 wrote:When is it supposed to be on Comixology?
No clue, sorry. I know the pain, I'm waiting for someone to scan MUTO Prime's Profile online so I can do a MONARCH Files video on it cause I don't have a scanner and don't know how to do that shit.

Added in 51 seconds:
Gothicserpent wrote:Having it so that Femmuto was always going to eat Hokmuto makes me sad.
Yeah I'm not a fan of that either, although she said it was just a hypothesis she has, she doesn't know for sure.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I really liked this book alot but like awakening I question just how cannon to the films it is. Essentially the events of the book are never mentioned in the film from what I've seen.