Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JGAR
Futurian

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by JGAR »

Sayaka definitely is legit
Yooo 8-)

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Oh shiit
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

https://youtu.be/tYWJDZdLORA

Gather up the projectile missiles, bois
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed May 22, 2019 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Now let’s see if he’s legit about MechaGodzilla at least planned to be in GvK.
Long Live The King

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Hokmuto wrote:Now let’s see if he’s legit about MechaGodzilla at least planned to be in GvK.
There's honestly no reason to doubt him at this point

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

90 meters seems perfect

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

I'm absolutely fine with this. Godzilla hunches anyway
Last edited by Rodan95 on Wed May 22, 2019 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thunderbird
Monsterland Worker

Post by Thunderbird »

Gojira18 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Destoroyah. Give more of a meaning to the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM.
Destroyah all the way.

It's called Monsterverse, not Mechaverse. There's nothing set up in GKOTM that foreshadows Mecha G, but there's plenty to herald the Big D. I'll bet Geeds decapitated head is genetically tinkered with to create a supermonster. And as already mentioned, the OD weapon's appearance in 2019 perfectly sets up Destroyah's arrival in 2020. Way more interesting than another mecha scenario since we've already seen that in Pacific Rim. Also, I love how Destroyah gets on so many nerves in the fandom. Once the GA learns that an endgame monster will be featured in GvsK, even they will know the stakes will be higher and that hype could rival GKOTM's. One look at Legendary's Destroyah design would instantly sell tickets.

Anyway, if it ends up being Mechagodzilla, that's fine but I'll be considerably less hyped for GvsK if that's the case.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

What if there's another superpredator Titan that used to hunt both Godzillas and Kongs?

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

They already did that with the MUTO Prime, rather they not do it again. Plus with MechaGodzilla and whatever Jonah plans to do with Ghidorah’s head, they seem sufficient in villains.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

ultrazilla wrote:I like this size of Kong, dude should be able to hang with the big boys at the very least.
https://abload.de/img/d2u2oyhx4aenxkzckk10.jpg
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they had Godzilla grow even further to an even 400 feet (121.92 meters), with Kong an even 300 feet (91.44 meters).

That's pretty much the same height difference as with these:

Kong being 75% of Godzilla's height/roughly at Godzilla's shoulder-to-collarbone area is perfect.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Wed May 22, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:What if there's another superpredator Titan that used to hunt both Godzillas and Kongs?
Now this is an idea I can get behind. Maybe it can be some sort of large heavily armored monster like Unkalos and Akantor from monster hunter. Something that is a complete juggernaut compared to the two.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

TyrantGojira wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:What if there's another superpredator Titan that used to hunt both Godzillas and Kongs?
Now this is an idea I can get behind. Maybe it can be some sort of large heavily armored monster like Unkalos and Akantor from monster hunter. Something that is a complete juggernaut compared to the two.
I think they will do that, except it’ll be a hybrid; at least that’s what everything indicates thus far.

Added in 52 minutes 44 seconds:
I guess MBB will have a very prominent role in GvK. Sh describes her character as “becoming a woman” and “brave”. Probably does something really major.
Long Live The King

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Having now seen KOTM, I'm going to be very skeptical of any "leak" that features Rodan in any prominent way. The way the film ends and the info provided in the film's credits makes me think he'll have no more than a cameo at best in GvK.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Gerdzerl wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:I like this size of Kong, dude should be able to hang with the big boys at the very least.
https://abload.de/img/d2u2oyhx4aenxkzckk10.jpg
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they had Godzilla grow even further to an even 400 feet (121.92 meters), with Kong an even 300 feet (91.44 meters).

That's pretty much the same height difference as with these:

Kong being 75% of Godzilla's height/roughly at Godzilla's shoulder-to-collarbone area is perfect.
I guess they really wanted to round off the decimals in meters thus not giving us full 400 feet or 300 feet, the difference is really marginal tho.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

In KOTM Skull Island seems to but outta balance as Titans seem to be heading there and Kong and Skull Island is show and mentioned frequently stock footage for Kong though
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

I don't want Godzilla or King Kong to be overshadowed by any other monsters or mech. I just want it o be about them and them only like in the first film.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I don't want Godzilla or King Kong to be overshadowed by any other monsters or mech. I just want it o be about them and them only like in the first film.
They set up Kong as a rival alpha to Godzilla
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Shhh! The Octopus wrote:I don't want Godzilla or King Kong to be overshadowed by any other monsters or mech. I just want it o be about them and them only like in the first film.
We'll need to have more of a discussion about it after more people see it, but aside from the post-credit scene - which could literally mean anything, and may not even be related to GvK - there's really not much indication of there being any other monsters really involved. The end credits set up why Godzilla and Kong are going to fight, and suggest the plot is going to revolve around exploring the Hollow Earth. IMO, the end credits also imply that Rodan and Mothra probably won't play much if any role, at most we might get cameos from them I think. If there really is going to be a third monster for the two to team up against, there was no obvious hint as to who that would be unless you count the post-credit scene (which, IMO, is actually hinting toward what happens next AFTER GvK).

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Pkmatrix wrote:
We'll need to have more of a discussion about it after more people see it, but aside from the post-credit scene - which could literally mean anything, and may not even be related to GvK - there's really not much indication of there being any other monsters really involved. The end credits set up why Godzilla and Kong are going to fight, and suggest the plot is going to revolve around exploring the Hollow Earth. IMO, the end credits also imply that Rodan and Mothra probably won't play much if any role, at most we might get cameos from them I think. If there really is going to be a third monster for the two to team up against, there was no obvious hint as to who that would be unless you count the post-credit scene (which, IMO, is actually hinting toward what happens next AFTER GvK).

So does it hint in the credits that Mothra left behind another egg? I know Rodan ends up making it out in the end.