DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
1
4%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
3
13%
Suicide Squad
0
No votes
Wonder Woman
8
35%
Justice League
0
No votes
Aquaman
4
17%
Shazam!
7
30%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Nah, fam. Injustice convinced me that at some point, we GOTTA get Englund as live-action Scarecrow.


I mean, nothing says Scarecrow has to be young.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11987
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby miguelnuva » Wed May 22, 2019 11:45 pm

I will give Robert his fair chance as Batman but please tell people to shut up about Kristen Strewart at Catwoman or Taylor Launter as Joker.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9729
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun May 26, 2019 10:36 pm

So you guys heard about the Joker movie?

Spoiler:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/joker-reportedly-controversial-batman-twist/

A twist that Joker is Batman's half-brother.


Like...Wut? I...I can't skreeonking even at all...
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Gojira2K
Futurian
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby Gojira2K » Sun May 26, 2019 11:19 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So you guys heard about the Joker movie?

Spoiler:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/joker-reportedly-controversial-batman-twist/

A twist that Joker is Batman's half-brother.


Like...Wut? I...I can't skreeonking even at all...

You know, I was already very much on the fence with this movie. Now I'm thinking this might be a definite pass.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?


Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5668
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 pm

That's literally the most insignificant plot twist I think I've ever read lol.

So? Joker and Batman are two sides of the same coin. Joker obviously hates the Trump like Thomas Wayne and loves his mother dearly.

Put 2 and 2 together, and you come up with that twist. No issues, no plot inconvenience.

Where's the problem?

Added in 1 minute 55 seconds:
Gojira2K wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So you guys heard about the Joker movie?

Spoiler:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/joker-reportedly-controversial-batman-twist/

A twist that Joker is Batman's half-brother.


Like...Wut? I...I can't skreeonking even at all...

You know, I was already very much on the fence with this movie. Now I'm thinking this might be a definite pass.

It's literally looking like an award winning arthouse styled character study, closest thing we've had to TDK in years. Yet that wee twist makes it a definite pass lol?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer
Posts: 9729
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sun May 26, 2019 11:37 pm

Who the skreeonk even thought that was a good idea?

Man and I thought whitewashing Johnny Blaze in Fant4stic and making him and Susan adoptive siblings was bad LMAO!

User avatar
Gojira2K
Futurian
Posts: 1535
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby Gojira2K » Sun May 26, 2019 11:50 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:That's literally the most insignificant plot twist I think I've ever read lol.

So? Joker and Batman are two sides of the same coin. Joker obviously hates the Trump like Thomas Wayne and loves his mother dearly.

Put 2 and 2 together, and you come up with that twist. No issues, no plot inconvenience.

Where's the problem?

Added in 1 minute 55 seconds:
Gojira2K wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:So you guys heard about the Joker movie?

Spoiler:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/joker-reportedly-controversial-batman-twist/

A twist that Joker is Batman's half-brother.


Like...Wut? I...I can't skreeonking even at all...

You know, I was already very much on the fence with this movie. Now I'm thinking this might be a definite pass.

It's literally looking like an award winning arthouse styled character study, closest thing we've had to TDK in years. Yet that wee twist makes it a definite pass lol?

More like it just kind of pushed it over the edge. I'm not really into "arthouse styled character studies" as you've put it that much. Just not something I usually enjoy. Who knows, maybe this will surprise me, but for now I'm not really looking forward to it.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?


Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there

TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:

Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

User avatar
KManX89
G-Grasper
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby KManX89 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:21 am

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Who the skreeonk even thought that was a good idea?

Man and I thought whitewashing Johnny Blaze in Fant4stic and making him and Susan adoptive siblings was bad LMAO!


You mean blackwashing, LOL.

But yeah, that's a whole new level of stupid. This is right up there with Fox trying to turn Dr. Doom into an internet hacker named Victor Domashev, which they thankfully ditched, but still royally skreeonked him up, anyway, turning him into a trash-bag wearing Imhotep wannabe.

Hell, this is comparable to Sony wanting to make an Aunt May movie in terms of epic fail. That's how bad it is.

miguelnuva wrote:I will give Robert his fair chance as Batman but please tell people to shut up about Kristen Strewart at Catwoman or Taylor Launter as Joker.


Don't let the Twilight movies fool you: Pattinson has actually been rather good in other movies he was in.

Plus I believe WB's earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to casting. Everybody was saying Gal Gadot would be a trainwreck as Wonder Woman because of how bad she was in the F&F movies, and look how that turned out. Likewise, everybody was up-in-arms about Ben Affleck as Batman when it was first announced, and now he's widely-regarded as the best actor in the DCEU and one of, if not the best Batman.
Last edited by KManX89 on Mon May 27, 2019 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:08 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Who the skreeonk even thought that was a good idea?

Man and I thought whitewashing Johnny Blaze in Fant4stic and making him and Susan adoptive siblings was bad LMAO!



three things.

1. Whitewashing is when a character of color is turned white in an adaptation.
2. Exactly what is bad about them being adoptive siblings? They're still siblings. Anyhow, it's the least of the film's issues
3. Johnny Storm is the Human Torch. Johnny Blaze is Ghost Rider.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue May 28, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:33 pm

Doesnt seem like a big deal to me, honestly.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5668
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby _JNavs_ » Tue May 28, 2019 1:34 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Doesnt seem like a big deal to me, honestly.

This lol, it's not even a bad concept in theory. I figured it out from the trailers alone.

An illegitimate child of a billionaire? Like a forgotten Prince? Maybe even... A Clown Prince of Crime?


It's all poetic to me tbh.
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4921
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby Zarm » Tue May 28, 2019 2:11 pm

It worked extremely well for the James Bond franchise.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer
Posts: 9473
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:57 am
Location: The Planet Trade HQ
Contact:

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Tue May 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Honestly I'm surprised they haven't tried that with Joker already.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983
Image
Image

User avatar
The One and Only
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3078
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: Jamestown, PA

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby The One and Only » Tue May 28, 2019 5:24 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Honestly I'm surprised they haven't tried that with Joker already.

Before the event, Infinite Crisis, the Batman books was putting it out there that Bruce and Bane might've been siblings through Thomas Wayne. Who had at one time been in Bane's home country of Santa Prisca. The two had buried the hatchet at that point in the mag. But genetic tests proved Bruce and Bane weren't related. Although I did think there might've been some familial connection between Batman and the Joker in the events of The Darkseid War, when Batman got plugged into Metatron's Mobius Chair, and asked it who was the Joker. The answer kind freaked him out, and it wasn't until the end of the War the answer was something completely different, but no less startling. There are three Jokers out there. :freak:

Anywho, here's the trailer for DC Universe's SWAMP THING series coming out May 31 on the DC Universe streaming platform.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

User avatar
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4921
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm
Location: USA, East Coast
Contact:

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby Zarm » Tue May 28, 2019 5:41 pm

Yeah, I remember that. Have they ever resolved or provided more info on that whole three Jokers thing?
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:


Winner of the last-ever(?) TK Fantasy Match tournament.

#ProLife

The Zone Fighter campaign is funded and complete, with translations in progress! PM me if you want to be part of the Facebook updates group.

Maranatha!

User avatar
The One and Only
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3078
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: Jamestown, PA

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby The One and Only » Tue May 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Zarm wrote:Yeah, I remember that. Have they ever resolved or provided more info on that whole three Jokers thing?

Not yet. A mini-series is on the way covering the dangling story thread entitled, Three Jokers by Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok.
https://www.newsarama.com/29457-dcu-rebirth-fallout-investigating-the-jokers-new-status-quo-spoilers.html
Image
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

User avatar
_JNavs_
Kwaidan
Posts: 5668
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:59 pm
Location: ニューヨーク

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby _JNavs_ » Fri May 31, 2019 7:10 pm

So Pattinson is officially Batman! New rumor is that Reeves is planning a Bat trilogy.

Here's some cool fanart
Image
Image
Image
Sith Apprentice.

User avatar
Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5038
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby Godzilla165 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:15 am

What I really want to see most out of this new Batman is his detective skills. We’ve seen how good of a fighter he is plenty of times, but haven’t really delved into the other end of what makes Batman so potent. I want to be able to sit there and watch him figure a case out piece by piece, whilst I’m trying to do the same thing in my mind. I feel as though, if done right, that could be a very, very interesting and suspenseful scenario.

I’ve seen the physical power and prowess, now give me that raw genius level intellect and let me see the, “World’s Greatest Detective”, in action.
Image


Image

#BotM

User avatar
JAGzilla
Kwaidan
Posts: 6911
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby JAGzilla » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:05 am

^ This. I like action as much as anybody, but Marvel has that very thoroughly covered. Let's see Batman go full CSI and have to outwit the villain. I don't know much about the Riddler, but he seems like a logical choice of villain for this type of story.

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:52 am

Godzilla165 wrote:What I really want to see most out of this new Batman is his detective skills. We’ve seen how good of a fighter he is plenty of times, but haven’t really delved into the other end of what makes Batman so potent. I want to be able to sit there and watch him figure a case out piece by piece, whilst I’m trying to do the same thing in my mind. I feel as though, if done right, that could be a very, very interesting and suspenseful scenario.

I’ve seen the physical power and prowess, now give me that raw genius level intellect and let me see the, “World’s Greatest Detective”, in action.

I believe Matt Reeves said he wanted his film to explore Batman's detective skills.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.


Return to “Media Center”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest