Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by king_ghidorah »

It’s no where near THAT annoying.

Destroyer would be my pick as it would seem to fit into this universe and give Kong and Godzilla something suitably strong enough to team up against.

MG would be cool too though. Just not sure how they could make that work

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Stefanos of Levanon wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Destoroyah. Give more of a meaning to the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM.
The fan demand of Destroyah in the Monsterverse is like Bagan in a Godzilla film, very annoying.
What if... Bagan IN the Monsterverse!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Definitely Mechagodzilla. One of my favorites and arguably the biggest name and most well known besides Godzilla and Mothra, and easily powerful enough to warrant Godzilla and Kong having to team up.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Yeah, MG definitely seems like the most obvious choice to include, being a part of the "big 5" and all. If they find a good way of explaining and incorporating him i'm personally all for it.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

That leak sounds trash. I would t believe it

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

American Godzilla wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh
It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.
It's impossible because Mothra turns into pure energy and Godzilla absorbs everything. Absolutely nothing left behind.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

If there is not another Toho Kaiju besides the main four in GVK, I am going to be very disappointed.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So, question. Do we know of WB and Legendary even have the rights to Mecha Godzilla? Is that information we can find?
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Tue May 21, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So, question. Do we know of WB and Legendary even have the rights to Mecha Godzilla? Is that information we can find?
Ready Player One.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So, question. Do we know of WB and Legendary even have the rights to Mecha Godzilla? Is that information we can find?
Well, MechaG did appear in Ready Player One.

The debate is whether the contract drawn up was a "one use" situation or not. On one hand, you could make the argument that WB wouldn't bother getting the rights to use him for one film only; on the other hand, however, all the other non-WB IP's that appeared in that film were quite obviously "one use" only.

Both sides are kinda at a stalemate.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

I would like to remind people of one possible outcome if KOTM and GVK do well enough for both Legendary and Toho's interests. It might become apart of Toho's World of Godzilla push and could become part of that project as their film side of things. So Toho would be more directly involved with the monsterverse. As such any copyright discussion is moot.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

NSZ wrote:
Well, MechaG did appear in Ready Player One.

The debate is whether the contract drawn up was a "one use" situation or not. On one hand, you could make the argument that WB wouldn't bother getting the rights to use him for one film only; on the other hand, however, all the other non-WB IP's that appeared in that film were quite obviously "one use" only.

Both sides are kinda at a stalemate.
I totally forgot RPO was a thing. In regards to one use with the license...I doubt they would use it for one film. Especially since they have a standing Godzilla franchise, with one more movie.

Not saying it outright confirms Mecha Godzilla but...the odds feel significant.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

I asked Vandarker about the cave painting in KotM that shows Godzilla and Kong about to fight in the post-credits. I asked how big Kong was compared to Godzilla.

He said:
"Kong is very big in the cave painting, he's almost eye-to-eye with Godzilla. I'd say he was a hundred meters tall, if Godzilla was 108 meters tall back then"

This is very interesting about the size difference. Yeah it's a painting, But maybe it actually IS how big they are compare to each other in the actual movie :)

If they're actually close to each other's height, its definitely a fair fight.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Rodan95 wrote:I asked Vandarker about the cave painting in KotM that shows Godzilla and Kong about to fight in the post-credits. I asked how big Kong was compared to Godzilla.

He said:
"Kong is very big in the cave painting, he's almost eye-to-eye with Godzilla. I'd say he was a hundred meters tall, if Godzilla was 108 meters tall back then"

This is very interesting about the size difference. Yeah it's a painting, But maybe it actually IS how big they are compare to each other in the actual movie :)

If they're actually close to each other's height, its definitely a fair fight.
I’m just going to go ahead and play devil’s advocate and point out that the cave paintings (at least going by the ones we saw in K:SI) are definitely not quite “to scale”
That being said I expect them to be somewhat similar in size, all memes aside
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ghidorah was nearly Godzilla's height in the cave paintings as well. That tells me either the Iwi can predict the future or Godzilla has killed a Kong before.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Does he have a beard?

Is his fur still brown or is it black now?

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

I like this size of Kong, dude should be able to hang with the big boys at the very least.

Shadowfyre
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shadowfyre »

SAYAKA wrote:KONG's height has been confirmed. It will grow to 90 meters, Contrast the height of Godzilla 120 meters.

His head is smaller than that of Skull Island.He's very strong and looks like he can compete with Godzilla.
Im ok with him being super strong but I dont think he should be stro ger per se but with thumbs and whatnot he should be able to apply his strength better

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Wasn’t this the second poster Sayaka described?
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Tyrant28 wrote:Image

Wasn’t this the second poster Sayaka described?
SAYAKA wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:
SAYAKA wrote: It's still a long way from gvk, but there are two new Kotm posters coming out. One is blue, the Godzilla vs Ghidorah theme, and the other is red, a picture of four monsters. I don't know when they will be officially released.
A red one huh? Can you describe a bit more about this red one? Just asking so that we can truly prove your legitimacy once and for all.
Ghidorah entangled godzilla, and then mothra and Rodan were at the top and bottom of the picture, respectively. This poster may be used in the Japanese or Chinese market.
Huh.