The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Crocartes
Yojimbo

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Crocartes »

So, I keep seeing reference to a discord group for the KWC. I am however unable to find it on discord. Is it free for people to join, or do you have to get invited?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Spoiler:
Well I have already read the match, but it’s still pretty good so far thats rather fun to read through, nice to see Bemular get a win.

But I gotta ask, is there even a Skullcrawler match on hold? (Even though I have already wrote one match for it) Because this KWC month thats about the Legendary Kaijus has two Godzilla matches (both of them involving him losing for that matter.), one M.U.T.O. Match, but has yet to upload a single match for the Skullcrawler.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Spoiler:
It was obvious who was gonna win from the start given the writer. :P

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Great match by Birdman.
Spoiler:
And thus starts the glorious losing streak of Godzilla Legendary. I wonder how long this will last for.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I've got an awful feeling that I have unintentionally created the new Match 81.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match, and it's another underdog match
Spoiler:
Bemular did not win this alone, as Winter helped him, but that's all I going to say about that
Besides that, it was good.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Spoiler:
Birdman wrote:I've got an awful feeling that I have unintentionally created the new Match 81.
Nahh. 259 had the buildup, was well written and in the context of the match made sense. 81 is it's own can of worms that I don't think can be repeated. Maybe a little with MMs Monster X trilogy.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

Them Facebook comments at the bottom of the page.

Let's write more matches like these so we can mine their salt.
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Greyshot151 wrote:
Spoiler:
Birdman wrote:I've got an awful feeling that I have unintentionally created the new Match 81.
Nahh. 259 had the buildup, was well written and in the context of the match made sense. 81 is it's own can of worms that I don't think can be repeated. Maybe a little with MMs Monster X trilogy.
Spoiler:
Are we even allowed to write sequels to that trilogy where Monster X actually wins? Not saying that I have plans for it, but I am curious if anyone is willing to do so. :lol:
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote: Are we even allowed to write sequels to that trilogy where Monster X actually wins? Not saying that I have plans for it, but I am curious if anyone is willing to do so. :lol:
The trilogy ended with 175--a match where he won. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

sheesh those guy at the bottom, i hate to see their reaction to monster x vs gabara :lol:

nice and solid
Spoiler:
and to be fair, legendary does need to start losing more, zilla needs some more loses too.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Are we even allowed to write sequels to that trilogy where Monster X actually wins? Not saying that I have plans for it, but I am curious if anyone is willing to do so. :lol:
The trilogy ended with 175--a match where he won. ;)
I know, but like a continuation thats its own thing, like Gorosaurus Vs Varan.

Added in 1 minute 1 second:
tyrantgoji wrote:sheesh those guy at the bottom, i hate to see their reaction to monster x vs gabara :lol:

nice and solid
Spoiler:
and to be fair, legendary does need to start losing more, zilla needs some more loses too.
Spoiler:
Not only that, but Monster X, Gigan, Megalon, Baragon need allot more wins.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Spoiler:
Legendary gets no respect I tell ya what!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Spoiler:
I just noticed that there are facebook comments on the matches now. I don't see them on Mobile so I never noticed until people mentioned them on the forum. Seeing all the salt this match is getting, I really want to kill off Legendary Godzilla in the most Humiliating manner I can think of now, just to see what kind of feedback I get in return.
_______

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

Nagoda wrote:
Spoiler:
I just noticed that there are facebook comments on the matches now. I don't see them on Mobile so I never noticed until people mentioned them on the forum. Seeing all the salt this match is getting, I really want to kill off Legendary Godzilla in the most Humiliating manner I can think of now, just to see what kind of feedback I get in return.
Spoiler:
I hope that this is just a joke. I haven't read the comments yet, but I'm sure they're a riot lol.

That said, I dont think we should go out of our ways to disrespect monsters and make them lose humiliatingly. A shock ending like what we had here seems fine and in the spirit of KWC, but pulling things like X vs Gabara, or even X vs Godzilla, Rodan and Anguirus seem a to spoil a good thing in my opinion.

I'm off to witness the salt!!!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Crocartes wrote:
Nagoda wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I hope that this is just a joke. I haven't read the comments yet, but I'm sure they're a riot lol.

That said, I dont think we should go out of our ways to disrespect monsters and make them lose humiliatingly. A shock ending like what we had here seems fine and in the spirit of KWC, but pulling things like X vs Gabara, or even X vs Godzilla, Rodan and Anguirus seem a to spoil a good thing in my opinion.

I'm off to witness the salt!!!
Spoiler:
Yeah I’m mostly joking with that. I’m still going to kill him off, but it will be after a great fight of some sorts. Him and some other large monsters on the roster. I’m the sort of writer that will go out of my way to write a match just to make a creative kill of some kind. Still, I do thrive on salty and flaming reviews.
_______

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

Nagoda wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah I’m mostly joking with that. I’m still going to kill him off, but it will be after a great fight of some sorts. Him and some other large monsters on the roster. I’m the sort of writer that will go out of my way to write a match just to make a creative kill of some kind. Still, I do thrive on salty and flaming reviews.
Spoiler:
See, that's a fair thing though! Not to ruin anything myself, but a big match I'm working on will see LegeGoji lose as well, but not without a hell of a fight.

Its baffling that some people seem to expect their faces to go undefeated.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

What if I wrote a match with Baragon and Legendary Goji teaming up and Baragon knocked Legendary Goji out, making him the default winner.

Genius I tell ya what.

Edit:
Alright, real talk. I wanna do a match with this scenario now, but I wanna know what human characters I can use. Can I only use stuff from Toho media, are marvel characters fine because Marvel Godzilla existed, can I use any character from any media to finally make Godzilla of Thrones?!
Last edited by Moth on Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Nathus214 wrote:What if I wrote a match with Baragon and Legendary Goji teaming up and Baragon knocked Legendary Goji out, making him the default winner.

Genius I tell ya what.

Edit:
Alright, real talk. I wanna do a match with this scenario now, but I wanna know what human characters I can use. Can I only use stuff from Toho media, are marvel characters fine because Marvel Godzilla existed, can I use any character from any media to finally make Godzilla of Thrones?!
Historical or Toho related characters are fine to use in a match. Custom characters are also fine if no Toho character fits the mold. Outside fictional characters are fine to reference, but can not be used in a KWC. A character in a match can reference Thor as a fictional comic book character or reference the movie, but Thor can't show up in a match. We'd rather avoid Disney lawyers or any lawyers if you don't mind :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Since I'm really dumb let me try to grasp all these words.
-I can use Miki in a match completely fine
-I can reference Marvel characters as if they're fictional due to Disney lawyers being more rabid than Toho ones.
-I can reference stuff like Mario but he cannot be used.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: