Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
Godzillian
Kwaidan

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Godzillian » Mon May 20, 2019 1:42 pm

The leaks are all wrong, Godzilla and Kong will fight an army of MUTOS led to Mothra

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 pm

That design sounds really ass.
Facts don't care about your feelings

American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Hokmuto wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Can you give a link to this particular rumor?

Sure thing... I found it here https://www.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... kong_plot/ Just click on the black regions to reveal the rumored plot. You have to scroll through the comments to find even more details revealed from the leaker.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Hokmuto » Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 pm

“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh
Long Live The King

American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh

It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.
Last edited by American Godzilla on Mon May 20, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Postby Ben Shapiro » Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm

American Godzilla wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh

It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.

But other people have, Godzilla absorbs all of her.
Facts don't care about your feelings

American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:

But other people have, Godzilla absorbs all of her.

Another idea on getting "Mothra DNA" was when Monarch has a facility near/around Mothra's eggs. In theory they could have obtained DNA from the egg before it hatched.

Gothicserpent
Futurian

Postby Gothicserpent » Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Is there any basis to these leaks
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Ok, the rest of the leak sounds bullocks but atleast somewhat with merit since it takes known info into account. Hell, even the hybrid kaiju the fake leakers love so far is handled in a more believable manner here. But a skreeonking "Rocky" style rematch during the credits? Lmao you had one job. Them trolls don't even try anymore.

Pkmatrix
EDF Soldier

Postby Pkmatrix » Mon May 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Gothicserpent wrote:Is there any basis to these leaks

No. None whatsoever.

Hokmuto
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Hokmuto » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm

I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Last edited by Hokmuto on Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

Gojira18
G-Grasper

Postby Gojira18 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?

Destoroyah. Give more of a meaning to the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM.

Stefanos of Levanon
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Stefanos of Levanon » Tue May 21, 2019 1:22 am

Gojira18 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?

The fan demand of Destroyah in the Monsterverse is like Bagan in a Godzilla film, very annoying.

king_ghidorah
Interpol Agent

Postby king_ghidorah » Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 am

It’s no where near THAT annoying.

Destroyer would be my pick as it would seem to fit into this universe and give Kong and Godzilla something suitably strong enough to team up against.

MG would be cool too though. Just not sure how they could make that work

Nathus214
Interpol Agent

Postby Nathus214 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:06 am

Stefanos of Levanon wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:

The fan demand of Destroyah in the Monsterverse is like Bagan in a Godzilla film, very annoying.

What if... Bagan IN the Monsterverse!
Chris55 wrote:Godzilla: Green bikini edition

Ben Shapiro wrote:Just got back from Endgame, the audience all fell to their knees during Godzilla’s trailer. The weeping and applauding grew so loud towards the end- it was almost deafening. The trailer was so good in fact, nearly everyone rose from their seats as soon as it was over and just left!

Talk about a reaction.

JesstrK
Interpol Agent

Postby JesstrK » Tue May 21, 2019 8:48 am

Definitely Mechagodzilla. One of my favorites and arguably the biggest name and most well known besides Godzilla and Mothra, and easily powerful enough to warrant Godzilla and Kong having to team up.

Dv-218
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Dv-218 » Tue May 21, 2019 8:51 am

Yeah, MG definitely seems like the most obvious choice to include, being a part of the "big 5" and all. If they find a good way of explaining and incorporating him i'm personally all for it.

Shadowfyre
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Shadowfyre » Tue May 21, 2019 9:09 am

That leak sounds trash. I would t believe it

Vandarker
Interpol Agent

Postby Vandarker » Tue May 21, 2019 10:35 am

American Godzilla wrote:

It's impossible because Mothra turns into pure energy and Godzilla absorbs everything. Absolutely nothing left behind.

Anguirus
G-Grasper

Postby Anguirus » Tue May 21, 2019 12:52 pm

If there is not another Toho Kaiju besides the main four in GVK, I am going to be very disappointed.

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”