GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Look I have been and always will be a far bigger Godzilla fan than a Kong fan but all this Kong bashing is really getting out of hand with some people. Their previous fight was 57 years ago and Godzilla was clearly the villain. People really need to get over that. Kong will do exactly as well against Godzilla as the writers want him to. Thankfully those people are few and far between here on TK.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Re: GODZILLA VS. KONG (2020) General Discussion Thread (No Leaks, Unofficial Photos/Vids, etc.)

Post by The Octopus »

Check out this political cartoon in yesterday's Toronto Sun newspaper. Its not Godzilla (the dragon is a stand in for China) but its got a King Kong vs Godzilla vibe.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

This is going to be interesting.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Oh fuck everything, can other companies learn to just stay the fuck away from our GvK film date???!?!
Image Image

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Ah sh*t here we go again....
Long Live The King

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I think he meant that Invisible Man will get crushed by GvK considering how The Mummy went

EDIT: nah, not quite what he said. I will agree with the comment analysis that Invisible Man is a much less imposing competitor than Bond or Fast and Furious
Last edited by G2000 on Mon May 20, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

G2000 wrote:
I think he meant that Invisible Man will get crushed by GvK considering how The Mummy went
That's not what he's saying at all....

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Moogabunga wrote:
G2000 wrote:
That's not what he's saying at all....
Hence the edit

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Invisible man is nothing to Godzilla vs King Kong.

imo.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

_JNavs_ wrote:Invisible man is nothing to Godzilla vs King Kong.
Has filming started on Invisible Man yet? Like the above tweet pointed out, that’s only ten months away; it sounds like it will be a small-budget, low-key sort of deal. It’s a genre film yeah, but it’s not a big blockbuster type film.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Yeah Invisible Man is not even gonna be competition given how Tom Cruise's The Mummy and the approach on the Dark Cinematic Universe attempted. If anyone thinks otherwise lol. :lol:

Also in b4 "It stars Johnny Depp so it'll draw people in".

Yeah well tell that to David Harbour in Hellboy who is rather popular among people due to Stranger Things.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Anybody make a "Invisible Man will be invisible to Godzilla Vs Kong" joke yet?

ahhh shiit hopefully I don't jinx nothing :lol:
Last edited by KingKong2005 on Mon May 20, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Does anybody outside of a couple of film buffs and sci-fi nerds even care about that property?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Even if Depp was on board, he's not who he was a decade ago. He hasn't released a hit in a while (that I know of), I enjoyed Transcendence but I don't think it did that well financially.

Plus like mentioned above, it isn't a big property by any means. It was a film from back in the day (albeit a good one, just not one that can compete with something like Godzilla vs Kong)
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

This isn't in the Dark Universe, it's a low budget standalone horror movie from Blumhouse and I'm pretty confident that it's not gonna be competition for GvK very much at all.
why did i have to be the chosen one?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

KillCrites wrote:This isn't in the Dark Universe, it's a low budget standalone horror movie from Blumhouse and I'm pretty confident that it's not gonna be competition for GvK very much at all.
Ah so production was changed since then?

If that's the case. I can definitely agree much more given the same case will go for Ma which will likely bomb since some idiot thought it was a good idea to sandwich it between Godzilla 2 and Rocket Man. :lol:

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
KillCrites wrote:This isn't in the Dark Universe, it's a low budget standalone horror movie from Blumhouse and I'm pretty confident that it's not gonna be competition for GvK very much at all.
Ah so production was changed since then?

If that's the case. I can definitely agree much more given the same case will go for Ma which will likely bomb since some idiot thought it was a good idea to sandwich it between Godzilla 2 and Rocket Man. :lol:
Yeah, the Universal Monsters shared universe idea has been totally dropped and now they're just doing standalone movies under Blumhouse. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... se-1180161
why did i have to be the chosen one?

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

_JNavs_ wrote:Even if Depp was on board, he's not who he was a decade ago. He hasn't released a hit in a while (that I know of), I enjoyed Transcendence but I don't think it did that well financially.
Not true at all. He's definitely released a few hits over the past few years... Just ask Amber Heard.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

KingKaiju wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Even if Depp was on board, he's not who he was a decade ago. He hasn't released a hit in a while (that I know of), I enjoyed Transcendence but I don't think it did that well financially.
Not true at all. He's definitely released a few hits over the past few years... Just ask Amber Heard.
Nice.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.