Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
User avatar
Pkmatrix
Futurian
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 am

Sonic wrote:do we think either kong or zilla will die in this film?


No, I very much doubt it. They haven't even done a Kong 2 yet! Why would you kill off one of your headliners in only his second appearance? And Godzilla's even LESS likely, I think, since he's the bigger headliner of the two.

Sonic
Interpol Agent
Posts: 440
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Sonic » Fri May 17, 2019 10:29 am

great! in one of the fake "leaks" kong apparently dies...

User avatar
American Godzilla
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:28 pm

I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Image
Last edited by American Godzilla on Mon May 20, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
Smuggers
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2321
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:29 pm
Location: 連邦王国

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Smuggers » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm

So the NECA Godzilla but with a Muto head, Mothra wings and a Nergigante tale? I don't think it will look anything like that, or resemble any of the known kaiju much for that matter.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Ben Shapiro » Mon May 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Lol, the leak says they use Mothra’s DNA? How, thought she burnt up and Godzilla sucked her ash.

Oh, what am I saying, that leak sounds hella legit
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
American Godzilla
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:41 pm

Smuggers wrote:So the NECA Godzilla but with a Muto head, Mothra wings and a Nergigante tale? I don't think it will look anything like that, or resemble any of the known kaiju much for that matter.


Actually, as far as I remember, the rumor was that Destroyer (again supposedly) has a MUTO-like head with Ghidorah horns, a mix of Mothra/MUTO wings, overall Godzilla body, with Ghidorah's tail end. I am not sure if this rumor is even true, let alone will it look like this. I can see the appeal of making a new kiaju (even if it is inspired by the classic Destroyah) as the creators could give it whatever look and powers/origins they want.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2509
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Mon May 20, 2019 1:42 pm

American Godzilla wrote:I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Image

Can you give a link to this particular rumor?
Long Live The King

User avatar
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 5789
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Godzillian » Mon May 20, 2019 1:42 pm

The leaks are all wrong, Godzilla and Kong will fight an army of MUTOS led to Mothra
Image

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Ben Shapiro » Mon May 20, 2019 1:44 pm

That design sounds really ass.
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
American Godzilla
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Hokmuto wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:I have heard a few of such leaks, most are bad fanfictions... but one actually has some promise. Rumor is that both Godzilla (who can go into his 'burning' state) and the 2019 Kong at first face each other before facing the terrifying man-made monster called "The Destroyer". The Destroyer is a genetic hybrid of: the MUTOS, 2014 Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Mothra. It was genetically made to hunt down and kill Titans, especially Godzilla. Based on these "alleged" descriptions someone drew what he or she thought 'Destroyer' might look like. Not sure if this is true or not, but the kaiju fan-drawing seems cool!

Image

Can you give a link to this particular rumor?

Sure thing... I found it here https://www.reddit.com/r/Monsterverse/c ... kong_plot/ Just click on the black regions to reveal the rumored plot. You have to scroll through the comments to find even more details revealed from the leaker.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2509
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 pm

“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh
Long Live The King

User avatar
American Godzilla
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh


It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.
Last edited by American Godzilla on Mon May 20, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:34 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Ben Shapiro » Mon May 20, 2019 1:55 pm

American Godzilla wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh


It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.

But other people have, Godzilla absorbs all of her.
Facts don't care about your feelings

User avatar
American Godzilla
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 249
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby American Godzilla » Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Ben Shapiro wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:“Mothra's DNA was collected from her corpse after her death in KotM.” Yeah.....nahh


It's, again theoretically, possible as we do not know how much of Mothra's body was recoverable after KotM. Probably because we haven't seen the film yet.

But other people have, Godzilla absorbs all of her.



Another idea on getting "Mothra DNA" was when Monarch has a facility near/around Mothra's eggs. In theory they could have obtained DNA from the egg before it hatched.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1732
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Gothicserpent » Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Is there any basis to these leaks
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

User avatar
Dv-218
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Dv-218 » Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Ok, the rest of the leak sounds bullocks but atleast somewhat with merit since it takes known info into account. Hell, even the hybrid kaiju the fake leakers love so far is handled in a more believable manner here. But a skreeonking "Rocky" style rematch during the credits? Lmao you had one job. Them trolls don't even try anymore.

User avatar
Pkmatrix
Futurian
Posts: 3124
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Pkmatrix » Mon May 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Gothicserpent wrote:Is there any basis to these leaks


No. None whatsoever.

User avatar
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2509
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Hokmuto » Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 pm

I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?
Last edited by Hokmuto on Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

User avatar
Gojira18
G-Grasper
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Gojira18 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:25 pm

Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?

Destoroyah. Give more of a meaning to the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM.

User avatar
Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 7:10 am

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Postby Stefanos of Levanon » Tue May 21, 2019 1:22 am

Gojira18 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:I’ve been thinking about this, but I’m quite undecided. Given the unknown future of the Monsterverse, would you guys prefer Mechagodzilla or Destroyah (that includes something like a Ghido-Destroyah hybrid) for Godzilla vs Kong?

Destoroyah. Give more of a meaning to the Oxygen Destroyer in KOTM.

The fan demand of Destroyah in the Monsterverse is like Bagan in a Godzilla film, very annoying.


Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests