Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2023)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: 1/27/19)

Post by BlankAccount »

American Godzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:Something I am still waiting to be added to this game are the following (and in order of priority)...
First Legendzilla, now you. Don't even skreeonking start.
I did NOT mean to start anything. I was trying to list concerns in the gameplay as I see areas that could (one day) be improved so that the fights were more accurate.

Because of your comment, I removed my statements. In addition, so that I do not upset you anymore, I will no longer comment in this area of the forum. In fact, this was my first time in YEARS it feels like that I have commented on the forum (life kept me busy, that's why I've been gone for a while). If this is how I am going to be treated and if I could not make (I thought) were harmless suggestions that why am I in this forum?

I am sorry I have upset you and for my hurtful/bad comments. Goodbye :(
We (Alex and I) have gotten several people in the past demanding we do this or that. It's gotten so bad I've disabled comments on my YT channel, and Alex pretty much looks at reply less.

I am sorry I scared you off and I am sorry I assumed you were one of those guys.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:First Legendzilla, now you. Don't even skreeonking start.
American Godzilla wrote:I am sorry I have upset you and for my hurtful/bad comments. Goodbye :(
Jesus, LC, you didn't have to be such a dick.
Don't pretend you never wanted to smack guys like Legendzilla for bumping this topic with posts in nature of "I think ALex should this for for Easter, no my bad guys, this time it'll be Mother's Day, no my bad guys, I know it'll be 4th of July this time.
MikeSTZillak wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:First Legendzilla, now you. Don't even skreeonking start.
American Godzilla wrote:I am sorry I have upset you and for my hurtful/bad comments. Goodbye :(
Jesus, LC, you didn't have to be such a dick.
Seriously.
And fuck you. You're one to talk. I see you and others gang up on me when you think a pic I posted in Funny Pics isn't funny. Know what I do when I don't think a pic is funny? Move on.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

It's one thing to be understandably angry and irritated at constant requests and people not paying attention to demands, but that's no reason to lash out and be a dick. All that does is scare people away and paint you and others involved in a less than flattering light. Patience is a virtue, and so too is the old saying "treat others how you want to be treated."

Now, verbal warning only for this. Perhaps ask for the OP to have edited in " Please do not request things" and make it highly visible for others to see. That way, if someone else tries crawling in and makes requests, you can just report the person and have a moderator or admin tell them to stop. This kind of venomous retort is no good, and will result in warnings, and so too will future requests that ignore the "please do not make requests" from others.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Gojira9310
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira9310 »

So, is anyone else having trouble with Squat+Special moves? I just played a few hours ago after fixing my laptop to finally try out 4th form Shin, and I can't seem to get his "Changes Laser Breath to Atomic Breath" ability to work at all. Is it just my keyboard being stubborn or a legitimate glitch?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Gojira9310 wrote:So, is anyone else having trouble with Squat+Special moves? I just played a few hours ago after fixing my laptop to finally try out 4th form Shin, and I can't seem to get his "Changes Laser Breath to Atomic Breath" ability to work at all. Is it just my keyboard being stubborn or a legitimate glitch?
I've had troubles with Heisei Godzilla's Spiral breath and Kong's electricity.

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

Post by Final Godzilla E »

Gojira9310 wrote:So, is anyone else having trouble with Squat+Special moves? I just played a few hours ago after fixing my laptop to finally try out 4th form Shin, and I can't seem to get his "Changes Laser Breath to Atomic Breath" ability to work at all. Is it just my keyboard being stubborn or a legitimate glitch?
Hold the special Button (S) then hold the squat button,After some time the beam will become fire,You can only do this in the SuperCharged mode,Obviously,So basically:
Stay holding S then press the squat button,Stay pressing both for a time and the magic happens.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

Something I don't understand, and at times find annoying, is why can one monster's simple bite/claw attacks constantly interrupt another kaiju's moves?

This could be a coding thing as I have noticed that if I play a weak kaiju like Zilla, I can interrupt stronger kaijus (such as 2014 Godzilla or Shin Gojira's final form) as they are trying to fire their breath weapons. If I time it right, Shin Gojira never gets to shoot and he goes down!

Of course I have seen the same thing when I play against the Mothra Larva or the Moguera (in its two separate forms, not combined). Both have weak punch/kick attacks, but their continuous attacks interrupts my moves soo many times that even when I play big-level kaijus it is a NIGHTMARE to face them.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

American Godzilla wrote:Something I don't understand, and at times find annoying, is why can one monster's simple bite/claw attacks constantly interrupt another kaiju's moves?

This could be a coding thing as I have noticed that if I play a weak kaiju like Zilla, I can interrupt stronger kaijus (such as 2014 Godzilla or Shin Gojira's final form) as they are trying to fire their breath weapons. If I time it right, Shin Gojira never gets to shoot and he goes down!

Of course I have seen the same thing when I play against the Mothra Larva or the Moguera (in its two separate forms, not combined). Both have weak punch/kick attacks, but their continuous attacks interrupts my moves soo many times that even when I play big-level kaijus it is a NIGHTMARE to face them.
I just think its missing many of the basic mechanics of a proper fighting game ala street fighter, mortal kombat, marvel vs capcom etc, the The mechanics are very simplified in this game,its a simple button mash fighter, nothing wrong with that I guess, as long as you enjoy it. But I dont think the mechanics are changing anytime soon, its been this style of play since the very first release.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Should the kaijus that had armor and/or regeneration (in their original movies/cartoons/etc) be utilized in GDBR or not?

On the one hand, I would love it as the in-game fights would be that much more accurate. Right now I can kill the 2014 Godzilla with GDBR's Zilla! In real life this would not happen.

On the other hand, this would be tough as it is hard to really gauge durability for a lot of these kaijus so encoding this to be 'realistic' might not be possible... plus that would mean that some of your favorite kaijus might not be able to take down another anymore thanks to its armor/regen. I mean figuring out what point value the breath weapons or claw damage should be is easy as they are used in the movies a lot so we have a fair idea to their strength compared to other kaijus. Durability is a whole other ball game! Take the 2014/2019 Godzilla, his durability is crazy high! And that is just armor alone!
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

Flying kaijus need a nerf too,I can literally defeat all kaijus from arcade mode in insane mode with Battra only holding Z,Plus they are hard to hit,Stronger than most other kaijus and can stunlock any kaiju in the game,They really need a nerf,I will not talk about kaijus which attacks are undodgable or unblockable like Ebirah or Kamacuras because Alex stated they are going to be updated.

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

American Godzilla wrote:Should the kaijus that had armor and/or regeneration (in their original movies/cartoons/etc) be utilized in GDBR or not?

On the one hand, I would love it as the in-game fights would be that much more accurate. Right now I can kill the 2014 Godzilla with GDBR's Zilla! In real life this would not happen.

On the other hand, this would be tough as it is hard to really gauge durability for a lot of these kaijus so encoding this to be 'realistic' might not be possible... plus that would mean that some of your favorite kaijus might not be able to take down another anymore thanks to its armor/regen. I mean figuring out what point value the breath weapons or claw damage should be is easy as they are used in the movies a lot so we have a fair idea to their strength compared to other kaijus. Durability is a whole other ball game! Take the 2014/2019 Godzilla, his durability is crazy high! And that is just armor alone!
Some kaijus already have regeneration,1954 Goji can regenerate if you stay stand for some seconds and Legendary Goji can as well if you do that Bottom arrow+A roar,Kong and Heisei Godzilla can as well,I wish kaijus like 2000 Godzilla will have a better regeneration,Like a slow constant regeneration for 2000 Godzilla and Orga (Though it would be really op).

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

I wonder if he will add Comic kaijus like Shinomura,Muto Prime or Idw Godzilla,But he probably won't considering it would be hard to animate their attacks and movements since they are in comic pages,It would be epic to have A Rulers of Earth Godzilla in GDBR (Sorry for being annoying).

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Final Godzilla E wrote:I wonder if he will add Comic kaijus like Shinomura,Muto Prime or Idw Godzilla,But he probably won't considering it would be hard to animate their attacks and movements since they are in comic pages,It would be epic to have A Rulers of Earth Godzilla in GDBR (Sorry for being annoying).
Actually, Alex and I have talked about MUTO Prime. It's pretty much Fem MUTO with a few differences.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

I am still happy that Alex has "Zilla" in the game, and I can understand his reasoning for making the Final Wars Zilla and Zilla Jr both be the same kaiju... but some days I feel like they should be individual characters instead of merged as they are not the same.

Final Wars Zilla was 20,000 tons; no outstanding durability; was fast and agile; and looked like this (below, artwork not mine) which resembles the current GDBR "Zilla"

ZIlla Jr (to me its the 98 Cartoon Godzilla / aka Tristar Gojira) was 60,000 tons; very intelligent; fast and agile; strong enough to send a 20,000 ton kaiju (like his cyborg parent) flying with one headbutt; had a form of Atomic Fire (most of the time it seemed to be a heat breath, though at times it had some concussive force such as really sending the cyborg zilla up in the air); and looked more like this (below, again not my artwork)

On the one hand, I would love to have these as individual GDBR kaijus as 'Zilla Jr' is physically stronger and actually has a decent breath weapon. But his attacks (while dealing more damage) would be slower in movement than the Final War Zilla's attacks (which is weak but a speed demon).

On the other hand, I can see Alex's point in that the two are so similar why not make them as one. What do you users think? Do you agree with Alex in making these two different Zillas as one merged character or not?

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

Living Corpse wrote:
Final Godzilla E wrote:I wonder if he will add Comic kaijus like Shinomura,Muto Prime or Idw Godzilla,But he probably won't considering it would be hard to animate their attacks and movements since they are in comic pages,It would be epic to have A Rulers of Earth Godzilla in GDBR (Sorry for being annoying).
Actually, Alex and I have talked about MUTO Prime. It's pretty much Fem MUTO with a few differences.
It has some differences in abilities,But i understand what you mean,What if Alex use it as another variation of Female Muto with a few different abilities and animations like he did with 2002/2003 Godzilla? What about the other comic characters like Shinomura and the fact many Monsters in the game are surprisingly unbalanced,Like the ones i have already talked about (Mothra and Battra)? And sorry for asking many questions but...Can you talk about the characters which are in progress right now? I understand if you can not,The thing is that i love this game,It is probably the only good Godzilla game i know that has many cool kaijus,So this is one of the reasons i want to see this game growing and becoming better every day,So I want to help as much as i can.
Last edited by Final Godzilla E on Fri May 24, 2019 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

Final Godzilla E wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
It has some differences in abilities,But i understand what you mean,What if Alex use it as another variation of Female Muto with a few different abilities and animations like he did with 2002/2003 Godzilla? What about the other comic characters like Shinomura and the fact many Monsters in the game are surprisingly unbalanced,Like the ones i have already talked about (Mothra and Battra)? And sorry for asking many questions but...Can you talk about the characters which are in progress right now? I understand if you can not,The thing is that i love this game,It is probably the only good Godzilla game i know that has many cool kaijus,So this is one of the reasons i want to see this game growing and becoming better every day,So I want to help as much as i can.
Im hyped for the answer XD.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I dunno. We just share ideas and most times I don't want to know who I'm making a video on next.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Living Corpse wrote:I dunno. We just share ideas and most times I don't want to know who I'm making a video on next.
On topic: I can't wait to see what Alex does next to GDBR, let alone when he adds the 2019 Ghidorah to it!

Off Topic: Living Corpse, I am just curious but where did you get that animated gif? I like it and I've always associated you with this gif... this is simple curiosity.

Final Godzilla E
Yojimbo

Living Corpse wrote:I dunno. We just share ideas and most times I don't want to know who I'm making a video on next.
I just feel like the next update will have Heisei Godzilla updated or Gmk,Which is really cool since they are both characters with unique abilities,I just want them to not be too dependents of their atomic breath like 2002/2003 is.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

American Godzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Off Topic: Living Corpse, I am just curious but where did you get that animated gif? I like it and I've always associated you with this gif... this is simple curiosity.
Which one?

The sig with the immortal catgirl playing with her head is Ms. Fortune from Skullgirls.

The avatar with the assless chaps badass magnum lady is Mizuki Tachibana from Gravion Zewi.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Living Corpse wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Which one?

The sig with the immortal catgirl playing with her head is Ms. Fortune from Skullgirls.

The avatar with the assless chaps badass magnum lady is Mizuki Tachibana from Gravion Zewi.
Sorry about that, I should have clarified. I was asking about the catgirl playing with her own head (wonder how that would feel). I have not heard of skullgirls, which is probably why I did not know the character. Thank you for describing both of your neat gifs :)