Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by miguelnuva »

Sonic wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:http://boards.4channel.org/m//thread/17458126

More Godzilla vs Kong rumors, these ones sound a little more realistic. I think it's Sakaya posting.

Added in 7 minutes 56 seconds:
According to someone on Reddit Mechagodzilla concept art might have leaked.
this link doesn't open unfortunately.

also would you have a direct link to the Mechagodzilla concept art?
There is no link only some people claiming to have seen it. Grain of salt I'm afraid.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

'Fraid there's no direct link to this supposed MechaGodzilla concept art, most certainly because it's bullshit.

And for anyone that can't access that godforsaken imageboard, here's the skinny:
Spoiler:
1.) Film is supposedly melancholic. Godzilla and Kong are "tragic figures... forced to fight".
2.) Monarch uses a gas to deter the Titans from cities.
3.) Lex Lu- I mean ALAN JONAH infiltrates Monarch and steals samples from Mother MUTO, MUTO Prime, King Ghidorah, and Dead-Godzilla-Skeleton (A.K.A. "Dagon") to make Doo- MUTANT LICE that absorbs Godzilla's radiation, weakening him.
4.) Alan also makes the scientists turn the anti-Titan gas into a metaphor for 9- I mean rage gas that makes Kong (and Titans) angry and aggressive.
5.) There are also sinkholes being opened up from the Hollow Earth (Get it? Kong: Skull Island?) and Skullcrawlers and MUTOs fuck Sea World up.
6.) That's it. Didn't even tell us who wins.
Obviously they did their research, but it's a meandering list of references any loser like us would know (the conspiracy, revisiting Skull Island, sinkholes, Kong having a stone-axe, etc., etc.). Overall: 5/10. Too safe, take more risks, be more ANIME.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

D-Squared wrote:'Fraid there's no direct link to this supposed MechaGodzilla concept art, most certainly because it's bullshit.

And for anyone that can't access that godforsaken imageboard, here's the skinny:
Spoiler:
1.) Film is supposedly melancholic. Godzilla and Kong are "tragic figures... forced to fight".
2.) Monarch uses a gas to deter the Titans from cities.
3.) Lex Lu- I mean ALAN JONAH infiltrates Monarch and steals samples from Mother MUTO, MUTO Prime, King Ghidorah, and Dead-Godzilla-Skeleton (A.K.A. "Dagon") to make Doo- MUTANT LICE that absorbs Godzilla's radiation, weakening him.
4.) Alan also makes the scientists turn the anti-Titan gas into a metaphor for 9- I mean rage gas that makes Kong (and Titans) angry and aggressive.
5.) There are also sinkholes being opened up from the Hollow Earth (Get it? Kong: Skull Island?) and Skullcrawlers and MUTOs skreeonk Sea World up.
6.) That's it. Didn't even tell us who wins.
Obviously they did their research, but it's a meandering list of references any loser like us would know (the conspiracy, revisiting Skull Island, sinkholes, Kong having a stone-axe, etc., etc.). Overall: 5/10. Too safe, take more risks, be more ANIME.
thanks for the description.

im not buying it... well at least, I hope it isn't true.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

It's literally the same bullcrap as the other ones before before- the same goddamn leak that appeared at first, taken and changed in some details with others added. The entire world destroyer bullshit, Jonah going full cartoon villain and the "journey to the center of the earth" plotline are the indicators. And "coincidentally", it decided to add details from Aftershock, which came out like a few days ago. Quite the convinience lmao :lol:
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Sounds like Sayaka to me.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Post by Olzh26 »

they did not even try to come up with a plot that at least corresponds to the synopsis.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

There's so many "plot leaks" out there that at some point, the legit one will go right under our noses.
Long Live The King

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Hokmuto wrote:There's so many "plot leaks" out there that at some point, the legit one will go right under our noses.
That sort of happened with KoTM, albeit on a much smaller scale. I can recall two or three "leaked plots" circulated at one time that were basically complete and utter bullshit (one involving all the monsters being revealed as genetically engineered bioweapons created by an ancient Lemurian civilization, and yet another that claimed Millie Bobby Brown's character would have psychic powers and become "linked" to Mothra). However, despite some initial confusion the genuine leaked plot was what really caught on, largely because several people were able to corroborate one another's stories, consistent details from account to account, etc. Once information started showing up in the trailers and in interviews it was basically over
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

G2000 wrote:
Hokmuto wrote:There's so many "plot leaks" out there that at some point, the legit one will go right under our noses.
That sort of happened with KoTM, albeit on a much smaller scale. I can recall two or three "leaked plots" circulated at one time that were basically complete and utter bullshit (one involving all the monsters being revealed as genetically engineered bioweapons created by an ancient Lemurian civilization, and yet another that claimed Millie Bobby Brown's character would have psychic powers and become "linked" to Mothra). However, despite some initial confusion the genuine leaked plot was what really caught on, largely because several people were able to corroborate one another's stories, consistent details from account to account, etc. Once information started showing up in the trailers and in interviews it was basically over
We’ll see what happens for GvK. I heard their test screenings would be even more secretive and elusive than before.
Long Live The King

BrazilianKaiju
Samurai

Post by BrazilianKaiju »

I saw a good thing in one of the leaks.

The idea of ​​weakening godzilla somehow, so Kong can face him. Much better than super powered kong. At least, for me

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

That's just a bad excuse so Kong can be on his level. It's boring to nerf someone, but it's entertaining to power someone up.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

I have the feeling the recent 4chan "leak" is probably the most likely out of the ones we've gotten so far. There still is an extremely high chance absolutely all of this is complete poppycock, but I feel like out of all of the supposedly this one seems the most realistic. I could see elements like this being made into a movie where as honestly the Reddit Leak with the Destroyer seems the most unlikely to me. It just seems like for a series that has done a pretty good job at making all of the original monsters fairly distinct, that it be a total curveball for the studio to make some amorphous "Big Gray Villain" that's constantly changing shape. It just wouldn't make for as dynamic a fight because an amorphous body doesn't give the same sense of scale and mass as easily as something solid and with all the fights we've had so far, kind of would be a letdown.

Speaking without any intentional bias here the series so far has done absolutely wonderfully when it comes the fight scenes. ven in 2014 when they were cutting away, remember most people were upset about them cutting away because the fights were really good when we got a good look at them; and the studio certainly learned their lesson with Skull Island and King of the Monsters given what we've seen and what others have talked about seeing. I just don't see Godzilla and Kong fighting a blob or 'living tidal wave' as very interesting. Not to mention character recognition is something a lot of studios try to get down these days. Make them more marketable if you can easily tell them apart. Having a constantly shape shifting character is not really doable for that.

I could still see us getting either an original monster or something derived from a Toho monster, but for now I'll say that the currently seems the most probable. It's pretty easy to follow, it makes use of old monster designs (MUTOs and Skullcrawlers), has multiple fights between the title characters in locations we know they will fight in, and has a logical reason for why they're fighting. Plus in this version Jonah's motivation makes more sense. Godzilla is keeping all the more powerful monsters at bay and he wants them to overrun the world. So you get rid of what standing in your way by weakening him and using the next strongest monster you can find to try and take him out.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Desghidorah wrote:I have the feeling the recent 4chan "leak" is probably the most likely out of the ones we've gotten so far. There still is an extremely high chance absolutely all of this is complete poppycock, but I feel like out of all of the supposedly this one seems the most realistic. I could see elements like this being made into a movie where as honestly the Reddit Leak with the Destroyer seems the most unlikely to me. It just seems like for a series that has done a pretty good job at making all of the original monsters fairly distinct, that it be a total curveball for the studio to make some amorphous "Big Gray Villain" that's constantly changing shape. It just wouldn't make for as dynamic a fight because an amorphous body doesn't give the same sense of scale and mass as easily as something solid and with all the fights we've had so far, kind of would be a letdown.

Speaking without any intentional bias here the series so far has done absolutely wonderfully when it comes the fight scenes. ven in 2014 when they were cutting away, remember most people were upset about them cutting away because the fights were really good when we got a good look at them; and the studio certainly learned their lesson with Skull Island and King of the Monsters given what we've seen and what others have talked about seeing. I just don't see Godzilla and Kong fighting a blob or 'living tidal wave' as very interesting. Not to mention character recognition is something a lot of studios try to get down these days. Make them more marketable if you can easily tell them apart. Having a constantly shape shifting character is not really doable for that.

I could still see us getting either an original monster or something derived from a Toho monster, but for now I'll say that the currently seems the most probable. It's pretty easy to follow, it makes use of old monster designs (MUTOs and Skullcrawlers), has multiple fights between the title characters in locations we know they will fight in, and has a logical reason for why they're fighting. Plus in this version Jonah's motivation makes more sense. Godzilla is keeping all the more powerful monsters at bay and he wants them to overrun the world. So you get rid of what standing in your way by weakening him and using the next strongest monster you can find to try and take him out.
Agreed. I think whoever's posting this new on on 4chan has at the very least actually been following the series and read up on the production of the movie, as a lot of this feels a lot like someone who actually has some sense of what's actually appropriate for a movie geared at the GA and what the series as done so far making educated guesses. Feels much less like a fan putting forward their MonsterVerse fan fiction, even though I think ultimately that's what it is.
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Wed May 15, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

I can't wait to see the first trailer at comic-con in July...

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

While everybody is predicting Charles Dance to be the big bad, it would be hilarious if he's gulped down unceremoniously at the start of the film like John Goodman. And judging by what Legendary had been doing up until now I think that's a high probability.
Last edited by Vandarker on Wed May 15, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Do we know if Charles Dance is in the movie at all? I didn't even see him listed on IMDb

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Rodan95 wrote:Do we know if Charles Dance is in the movie at all? I didn't even see him listed on IMDb
No idea. To be fair, though, I don't think David Strathairn appeared in the IMDB or any article indicating he was back until he popped up in the first trailer. And it might be a bit of a spoiler for KOTM if they say he's back for the next movie before KOTM is even in theaters, moreso than really anybody else I think.

Sonic
Interpol Agent

Post by Sonic »

do we think either kong or zilla will die in this film?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Sonic wrote:do we think either kong or zilla will die in this film?
Nah.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I can see them doing some sort of a "fake death" by having one character lose while leaving the possibility of him returning in the future, but straight up dying on screen? Yeah, ain't gonna happen.