DC Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

What is your favorite DC film thus far?

Man of Steel
2%
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
15%
Suicide Squad
2%
Wonder Woman
10%
Justice League
No votes
Aquaman
2%
Shazam!
5%
Birds of Prey
2%
Wonder Woman 1984
No votes
Zack Snyder's Justice League
12%
The Suicide Squad
49%

Total votes: 41

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: DC Cinematic Universe

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Michael Rooker has been cast as King Shark in Suicide Squad 2. I mean knowing James Gunn is it really any surprise?
Now the only question is will this be a human King Shark like Assault on Arkham or like in the comics and in CGI as originally planned in the first film before being replaced by Croc.

I hope Croc returns just for the potential of an rivalry between them. You know crocodile vs. shark. :P

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Idris Elba is rumored to be playing Deathstroke in SS
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Michael Rooker has been cast as King Shark in Suicide Squad 2. I mean knowing James Gunn is it really any surprise?
Now the only question is will this be a human King Shark like Assault on Arkham or like in the comics and in CGI as originally planned in the first film before being replaced by Croc.

I hope Croc returns just for the potential of an rivalry between them. You know crocodile vs. shark. :P
I hope they go for a practical Croc again like last time, but I feel like Gunn is more of a CG guy so yeah, probably CGI Croc. Meh.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Gojira2K wrote:This is going to be interesting. https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robe ... 203125473/
I can already see the vampire to bats jokes

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Gojira2K wrote:This is going to be interesting. https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robe ... 203125473/
You've got to be kidding
I don't know, maybe someone who's seen his arthouse stuff can tell if he'll be a better fit than we all think
I mean Ben Affleck surprised a lot of people
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

G2000 wrote:I mean Ben Affleck surprised a lot of people
And long before that, Michael Keaton was considered disastrous casting when he was announced.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm cool with Pattinson as a younger, slicker Batman, as long as the girl from Twilight stays far away from the film. She had the acting chops of a tree branch.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

eabaker wrote:And long before that, Michael Keaton was considered disastrous casting when he was announced.
That is true, he was primarily seen as a comedic actor due to previous roles
I wasn't around for Keaton when he was in theaters (though Batman '89 and Returns on VHS were my first introduction to Batman alongside Phantasm and the animated series), but I have to say I really wasn't that skeptical of Affleck during that whole "controversy." Argo and The Town had both shown me that he could do more mature roles, so I wasn't nearly as worried as some people I knew even IRL
Pattinson though, yeah, I mainly knew from Twilight (and even then I never watched them) so I don't know
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I haven't seen anything he's in besides Harry Potter 4 and the Twilight movies, so I don't know how good of an actor he is, so I'll give him a chance. But for right now I'm not seeing it. Maybe after we see something official from the movie, I might warm up to him more.

Added in 2 minutes 39 seconds:
G2000 wrote:
eabaker wrote:And long before that, Michael Keaton was considered disastrous casting when he was announced.
That is true, he was primarily seen as a comedic actor due to previous roles
I wasn't around for Keaton when he was in theaters (though Batman '89 and Returns on VHS were my first introduction to Batman alongside Phantasm and the animated series), but I have to say I really wasn't that skeptical of Affleck during that whole "controversy." Argo and The Town had both shown me that he could do more mature roles, so I wasn't nearly as worried as some people I knew even IRL
Pattinson though, yeah, I mainly knew from Twilight (and even then I never watched them) so I don't know
Yeah, he is really not good in Twilight. I've seen other comments that say he has good acting abilities from other stuff after Twilight, but I haven't seen any of that, so I have no idea whether it's true or not.

Added in 6 minutes 37 seconds:
Apparently, it's not completely confirmed that Pattinson will be the new Batman, but it looks to be almost a done deal by this point.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Thu May 16, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I’m willing to give Pattinson a chance, he’s been really good in other roles outside of Twilight, and certainly has the look for a young and suave Bruce Wayne. Consider me interested to see where this goes if he does end up getting the role.

Affleck was the laughing stock of the internet when he was first announced to play Batman, and then the first images of him in the suit came, and eventually B v S itself. Now, people consider him to be one of the best film adaptations of the character yet.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Heard the announcement last knight.

*inhales*

I already miss Ben. Seriously, I wanna wake up and discover that this "soft reboot" of the DCEU's Batman was just some horrible nightmare. Ben was the PERFECT live-action Batman for me, and I'm gonna be really sad to see him go.

But really, WB? The emo vampire was your first choice for a replacement? Just rub salt in the wound, why don't you...
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I think Patterson is a solid actor, but I do think that he needed to be in some more roles before he was considered to be Batman. It just seems like it's rushing it for me.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

6 Years Later

Man, I already miss Patterson. He was THE best Batman I've seen on the screen. Now they replaced him with that stupid Jake Gyllenhaal guy? All that guy ever did was ruin Prince of Persia!
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:6 Years Later

Man, I already miss Patterson. He was THE best Batman I've seen on the screen. Now they replaced him with that stupid Jake Gyllenhaal guy? All that guy ever did was ruin Prince of Persia!
10 Years After That

Look, I love Wiseau as Joker, but we have to admit it, Sestero is not a good Batman.

RIP Evan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The way I see it just look at Heath Ledger. All the outrage and Brokeback Mountain jokes. Now he's considered one of the greatest movie villains ever put to film and a benchmark by which all future live action Joker incarnations will be compared.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hoping this becomes a reality.

ImageImage

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Probably not, sadly.

Phoenix has gone on record multiple times that he's always dreamed of doing a character analysis of a supervillain forever, but being dragged into a multi-picture deal is what has kept him away from it. As interesting as it could be (depending on how Pattinson turns out), it seems fairly unlikely Phoenix will suddenly change his mind and Joker will be a one and done affair.

RIP Evan.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Y'know I' rather have someone like say Robert Englund as The Joker instead of this Phoenix guy that WB has cast for Joker.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Julia Bristow wrote:Y'know I' rather have someone like say Robert Englund as The Joker instead of this Phoenix guy that WB has cast for Joker.
Because casting a 71-year old actor who's renowned in cult horror films, but otherwise somewhat obscure to the general public in a movie about a young Joker makes PERFECT sense.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....