Godzilla: Aftershock Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: Aftershock Spoiler Thread

Post by Hokmuto »

Tyrant28 wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:So how does Muto Prime get defeated?
After the Muto Prime breaks Godzilla’s spines with a sonic roar, Godzilla pulls a maneuver where he gets her on his back and basically does thing Burning Godzilla did with energy spewing out his back. That attack launches her into the sky and cripples her when she lands, leaving Godzilla to finish her off by stomping her head in.

Yeah the Muto Prime’s face is weird human, even has teeth like that of a human. Feel like when they were designing it they really didn’t understand the design process of the G14’s Mutos.
Deus Ex Machina at its finest.

Do they state how Godzilla grows back his spines or anything?
Last edited by Hokmuto on Thu May 09, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live The King

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Tyrant28 wrote:After the Muto Prime breaks Godzilla’s spines with a sonic roar, Godzilla pulls a maneuver where he gets her on his back and basically does thing Burning Godzilla did with energy spewing out his back. That attack launches her into the sky and cripples her when she lands, leaving Godzilla to finish her off by stomping her head in.
“But can’t Kong just rear choke Godzilla” apelets yet again BTFO
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

-Brooks makes another appearance, which I would be surprised if he isn’t in/or mention in either KOTM or GvK seeing much of a presence he has in the MonsterVerse. There also the implication that his son, Aaron, went crazy/radical like Emma is now in KOTM when Brooks when warned Emma was becoming like him. Or maybe he died, it didn’t go into detail about that.
-Ghidorah, frozen in ice, makes a cameo on a Monarch screen. Monarch also has a preserved Death Jackal from Skull Island displayed in one of their outpost.
-The Mutos are basically the Heisei Gyaos of the MonsterVerse. Several other remains of their spores where found in Siberia. Also the Mutos are responsible for the Dark Ages of human history. There was flashback panel of a swarm of Male Mutos attacking an Aztec like civilization which gave off very Gyaos feel.
-Jonah is apparently is a very slippery guy, I think he gotten arrested three or four separate times within the comic and somehow always escape.

That’s all I can remember now, have reread over things.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Thu May 09, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Tyrant28 wrote:-Brooks makes another appearance, which I would be surprised if he isn’t in/or mention in either KOTM or GvK seeing much of a presence he has in the MonsterVerse. There also the implication that his son, Aaron, went crazy/radical like Emma is now in KOTM when Brooks when warned Emma was becoming like him. Or maybe he died, it didn’t go into detail about that..
IIRC Brook’s son led an unauthorized expedition to Skull Island in the K:SI prequel comic and got himself and his team massacred (I only know about it secondhand, never read them)

Other details are interesting as well. Not that I expect the issue to ever really be addressed, but why did the MUTO become so prevalent that they caused the collapse of previous civilizations, and what eventually cut them back down? Is the rivalry between Godzilla’s species and the MUTO somewhat comparable to that between the Kongs and the Skullcrawlers - natural enemies who would like nothing more than to wipe one another out?
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

G2000 wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:-Brooks makes another appearance, which I would be surprised if he isn’t in/or mention in either KOTM or GvK seeing much of a presence he has in the MonsterVerse. There also the implication that his son, Aaron, went crazy/radical like Emma is now in KOTM when Brooks when warned Emma was becoming like him. Or maybe he died, it didn’t go into detail about that..
IIRC Brook’s son led an unauthorized expedition to Skull Island in the K:SI prequel comic and got himself and his team massacred (I only know about it secondhand, never read them)

Other details are interesting as well. Not that I expect the issue to ever really be addressed, but why did the MUTO become so prevalent that they caused the collapse of previous civilizations, and what eventually cut them back down? Is the rivalry between Godzilla’s species and the MUTO somewhat comparable to that between the Kongs and the Skullcrawlers - natural enemies who would like nothing more than to wipe one another out?
Aaron was the last surviving member in and set the distress signal to his father at the end of the comic, which Brooks saying he was going to revisit Skull Island to find his son. Emma even mention him finding him when he tries to comfort her about losing her son. So that’s why I was thinking that something happen with Aaron when Brooks went to go find him.

Basically what happens with the Mutos in the past is what was the threat of G14, them overpopulating and human civilizations being lost. But the Mutos eventually start infighting between each other before there is only certain number of them left.

Yeah would say the Godzillas/Muto conflict is like that of the Kongs/Skullcrawlers. But the comic doesn’t really go into detail about it other than it using it to say the Muto Prime has killed multiple of Godzilla’s kind before.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Oh, so the Godzilla that fought the prime MUTO in ancient times is actually a different specimen from Goji? And the one Monarch found in the Philippines for that matter? Interesting. I dig the Lovecraf reference with the name lol.

And yeah, it's an interesting concept to make the MUTOs the Monsterverse version of the Heisei Gayos- tho their lifecycle still makes my head hurt. Basically, a bunch of inbred fucks from which a female randomly becomes the next prime if a Godzilla kills the rest, or they just kill themselves and destroy all of civilization. Epic :lol:

(Neat to hear Ghidorah makes a cameo, and that there are KSI references. The implication that Aaron might have joined Jonah's eco-terrorist group is a peculiar one).

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Does anyone know if this will have a paperback release? I have the paperback of Godzilla Awakening and Birth of Kong so I want this one to match.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Godzillanime
Ronin

Post by Godzillanime »

MUTO Prime is pretty dangerous.Also RIP Dagon.
Can't wait for the moment where Godjiller fights with Gonorrhea.

Ben Shapiro
Interpol Agent

Post by Ben Shapiro »

Obvious Burning Godzilla homage is obvious.

And here appears to be Adam/Dagon

Last edited by Ben Shapiro on Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Facts don't care about your feelings

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Do they explain why Godzilla's tail is proportionally shorter in KOTM? Or no

Jaqua92
Interpol Agent

Post by Jaqua92 »

Tyrant28 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:So, how good is it in general? Is it better than "Awakening", or somewhat more consistent? Atleast the general artstyle looks much better from the leaked panels I saw on instagram.
Definitely better than Awakening, the story is decent for me at least,
Dv-218 wrote:Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:
Gojira18 wrote:Apparently Godzilla's spines get shattered by a sonic roar
Hm, interesting. I wonder if this one of the causes for the shape of his spines in KOTM. While obviously the changes were purely aesthetic from a directors point of view, they did say they'll provide an explanation here- which is rather curious.

Also, good luck trying to sleep thinking about the convulated as skreeonk MUTO breeding/lifecycle :lol:
It gets even more convoluted, if the G14’s Muto were allowed to breed then she would have eventually eaten the Male and turned into a Muto Prime herself.

Another thing is that we can call the dead Godzilla from the Philippine mines, Dagon, which what he was called by the ancient civilization. The Godzilla fighting the Muto Prime in the paintings isn’t our Godzilla.
Can you further explain this? So when does this story take place, when Godzilla defeats the muto prime? Before 2014?

So that Godzilla is our Godzilla. But which one isn't? Cave paintings? So that was a dead Godzilla we saw at the beginning of 2014? It certainly is confusing
Please check out the first battle in the Tohokingdom Monsterverse Battle Thread/Tier project! First battle is Nuke Amped Boston Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31251

System intro below.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=31260&p=1820343#p1820343

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Having it so that Femmuto was always going to eat Hokmuto makes me sad.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Uh, so the post credits scene of K:SI, has Godzilla whooping Ghidorah during prehistoric times. Does that mean, that Godzilla wasn't the Godzilla from the movies? Or has there just been a pack of Gojis running around whooping different species.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

_JNavs_ wrote:Uh, so the post credits scene of K:SI, has Godzilla whooping Ghidorah during prehistoric times. Does that mean, that Godzilla wasn't the Godzilla from the movies? Or has there just been a pack of Gojis running around whooping different species.
That's definitely meant to be the Godzilla. From what we've heard and seen KotM is not the first time they meet.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Smuggers wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Uh, so the post credits scene of K:SI, has Godzilla whooping Ghidorah during prehistoric times. Does that mean, that Godzilla wasn't the Godzilla from the movies? Or has there just been a pack of Gojis running around whooping different species.
That's definitely meant to be the Godzilla. From what we've heard and seen KotM is not the first time they meet.
Okay, yeah that's what I figured. So Dagon must've been alive somewhere during the tussle between Godzilla and Ghidorah, assuming they were up and about during the same time periods.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Jaqua92 wrote:
Tyrant28 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:So, how good is it in general? Is it better than "Awakening", or somewhat more consistent? Atleast the general artstyle looks much better from the leaked panels I saw on instagram.
Definitely better than Awakening, the story is decent for me at least,
Dv-218 wrote:Added in 1 minute 43 seconds:

Hm, interesting. I wonder if this one of the causes for the shape of his spines in KOTM. While obviously the changes were purely aesthetic from a directors point of view, they did say they'll provide an explanation here- which is rather curious.

Also, good luck trying to sleep thinking about the convulated as skreeonk MUTO breeding/lifecycle :lol:
It gets even more convoluted, if the G14’s Muto were allowed to breed then she would have eventually eaten the Male and turned into a Muto Prime herself.

Another thing is that we can call the dead Godzilla from the Philippine mines, Dagon, which what he was called by the ancient civilization. The Godzilla fighting the Muto Prime in the paintings isn’t our Godzilla.
Can you further explain this? So when does this story take place, when Godzilla defeats the muto prime? Before 2014?

So that Godzilla is our Godzilla. But which one isn't? Cave paintings? So that was a dead Godzilla we saw at the beginning of 2014? It certainly is confusing
The comic takes place right after G2014, Monarch is already public knowledge here. The death of the two MUTOs by Godzilla is the factor that directly causes the awakening of MUTO prime, in order to restore the population and repeat that bizarre lifecycle.

Basically, the comic features a Phoenician Mosaic which depicts a battle between a Godzilla and the prime, which ends with the prime killing it and planting the spores in it. That Godzilla is a different specimen, and was called "Dagon" by the Phoenicians. And yes, it's also the Philippines skeleton. The implication is that multiple members of Godzilla's species were alive at the time, and the prime killed several of them before (atleast that's what I understood).

As for the cave paintings we saw in KSI and the marketing, that's definitely THE Godzilla- as in, the one alive right now. It's pretty much confirmed that Godzilla and King Ghidorah have an ages long rivalry between each other, and that they met before.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Gojira18 wrote:Do they explain why Godzilla's tail is proportionally shorter in KOTM? Or no
No, there’s not really an explanation why his spines changed other than them just being broken.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Just as an interesting thought, could it be possible that Godzilla's spines somewhat function like teeth? As in, the small and triangular spines eventually wear off and break at a certain age, and then get replaced with the bigger and more jagged spines we see in KOTM- which is why they regrow the way they do after they get shattered by prime's sonic roar. Obviously the changes are purely for aesthetic reasons and don't really require an explanation, just speculating for fun lol.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat May 11, 2019 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

Tyrant28 wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:Do they explain why Godzilla's tail is proportionally shorter in KOTM? Or no
No, there’s not really an explanation why his spines changed other than them just being broken.
Well they said this comic would explain it so I’m assuming that that’s how they grow back.

Added in :
Tyrant28 wrote:
Well they said this comic would explain it so I’m assuming that that’s how they grow back.
GO GO GOJI KUN

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I would like to compared the spine growth of Godzilla’s species to like that of a lion. The stronger the individual, the larger the spines. Since Godzilla overcame a major predator of his kind, his spine would heal and regrow larger and stronger.